How much sodium do you consume?

Options
2»

Replies

• Roll_Tide_Meg
    Roll_Tide_Meg Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    MFP had me set to 2500 but I noticed when I have low sodium days that I can see a loss in my weight because my body isn't retaining water. I have recently set it to 1800 and am trying to stay under that...usually eat about 2000 in a normal day though.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    3-4k.

We stay salty in this piece.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'm usually over for the week by Wednesday. No health issues and retaining water doesn't bug me.
  • gracetillman
    gracetillman Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am at or around 2,000 to 2,500 per day but I would like to get a little lower because I really notice a difference on the scale when I eat too much sodium. I have low blood pressure so at least I am not really affected there, but my weight is sensitive to my sodium consumption.
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I try to stay around 1500, but my blood pressure starts going up if I don't get a good potassium/sodium ratio.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Just had a check through my diary. Usually under or around 800. Sometimes well below. I'm automatically set at 2500, so will probably not worry about it.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    24 years old, 5'7'', 168 lbs.
    My average sodium is around 1600 mg of sodium, but I'll have some spikes of almost 3000 mg once or twice a week (when eating less at home).

I ussually use little salt when cooking, sometimes I even forget to put salt. I give taste to my food through spices and herbs. I don't really like salty food.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm around your height and weight and I try to keep it under 1500 a day. I don't have any health issues, but I just don't feel good when I have too much.
  • splashtree
    Options
    Sodium is important you train so you sweat plus sodium and potassium goes together i don't limit it i'm a runner and my heart beat is 55 per munute and high pressure no at all,sure 2 liters of water is the role.... per day
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I'm usually below 1000. I'm a vegetarian and cook as much as possible from scratch. I don't add salt to my food. I season with herb and spices
  • NatureChik1985
    Options
    I usually get 4 to 5000 sodium each day. I am hypotensive so my intake is higher than that of a person with normal or high blood pressure. If I don't have enough sodium my bp runs really low.
  • jillsjourney
    jillsjourney Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I try to stay under 2000 but I really want to go to 1000 mg a day.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I asked my doctor, and I asked him if i could eat between 1,000 and 1,800 grams (mg?) . I try to shoot for 1000 so if i happen to go over, it will still fall under 1800. I have eaten too much table salt and I have a lot of water weight to lose. so far its working.