Body Beast Women's Group!

Options

Replies

• ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    its going well. I am currently on week 4. and started the "bulk" phase. I love the burn lol
    yesterday was bulk legs

my legs were on fire after the first set.

Nice! Can't wait to hear how this phase goes! How is the diet going? Did you follow the book or just doing your own thing?
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I just finished bulk arms... Tough.
    Looking forward to beast cardio and abs tomorrow.

I just upped my cals instead of following the program. Currently at 1700 min. Some days I eat more. I just try to listen to my body.

How's everyone else doing
  • ddavies919
    Options
    ***BUMP***

Girls! Where you at?!
  • nickymarie011
    nickymarie011 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I am interested in it. I have heard it may be the perfect workout program for me since I want to tone and not lose too much weight. My BF has the program and he loved it. I am just afraid of doing it because it seems so um, what's the word...masculine lol! Anything is worth a shot though at this point :)
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Very interested. I enjoy weights more than cardio.
  • litajl
    litajl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That sounds awesome to me!!! Tell me MORE!! LOL
  • mkwongh
    Options
    masculine yes-- funny indeed! lol
    I completed Bulk shoulders this morning - and my legs are on fire from a few days ago.. but i love the pain... at least i know things are changing.. slowlyg seeing changes in the arms and legs.
  • mkwongh
    Options
    week 4 complete.. tomorrow is supposed to be rest day, but instead i will be doing sunday's workout and rest/run on sunday instead.

question for anyone else doing BB -- i've been reading online that this phase 'bulk' makes you feel a little bloated and heavy, but if you work though it this is where the change will happen.. has anyone experienced this? This week i have been feeling bloated, but not sure if its from BB or the overload of meats I ate when i went to Copacabana...

I am feeling less bloated by the end of this 4th week already, and the number on the scale is about the same ..
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Woo hoo! Looks like we might have some more beastettes joining us!

Well, since I leave for Vegas next week for the Beachbody summit, I am going to start Sagi's competition schedule plus it'll give me a good idea of what's to come!

So, with that being said, I'm headed downstairs to push play! Build shoulders! I'll let you know how it goes!

Debra
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I still ve more weight to lose before I feel like I am ready for this program but I was thinking of ending the year with it. I am almost finished with TurboFire and then plan to do a round of P90X and then Insanity (as I already have access to all of these programs) I am about 18 pounds from my "goal" weight and then I want to focus on really just losing fat and gaining muscle. I think Body Beast will be good for me :)
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Alright ladies.....Build Shoulders done! WOW!!!! I'm really going to have to use the progress workout sheets to keep track of what weights I'm using. My shoulders feel good! And I still have to teach tonight! Yowsers!!!!

Anyway, awesome workout! I always love working upper body! Tomorrow is legs!
  • nickymarie011
    nickymarie011 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    With Body Beast, what is considered 'heavy lifting' for women? I am doing my third round of P90X now and I still can't lift anything more than 20 pounds during the shoulders and arms routine lol! i wonder if BB would be too difficult for me. I lack upper body strength but can kick *kitten* doing leg workouts.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Hey ladies! Ok, I have to toot my own horn here for a minute.

I have been studying for my NASM Personal Trainer Cert and today was my final...................I PASSED!!!!! :bigsmile: :drinker:

I have worked so hard for this and wanted it for so long! I'm soooo excited!

Ok, thanks for letting me share.

nickymarie: I think everyone is different when it comes to strength and what you can lift. I too was lifting 20lbs in P90X and all I can say is, after that shoulder workout from Body Beast, I don't think I'll be getting anywhere near that! LOL That's why I think it's important to keep those tracking sheets handy so you can see where and how you need to progress.
  • BakingMadGymAddict
    Options
    I love that I have just stumbled across this group of strong women!

Hello to you all! Love the name Body Beast too! Look forward to knowing more about it!
  • ddavies919
    Options
    I love that I have just stumbled across this group of strong women!

Hello to you all! Love the name Body Beast too! Look forward to knowing more about it!

I have recently learnt how to do chin ups and made a youtube video about it to try and help beginners.

Feel free to check it out here!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=afbBNYscIaQ

Welcome to the group! Body Beast is actually the name of the workout program. Maybe I should change the name? Anyway, you're more than welcome to stick around and join us strong women here anyway! Thanks for sharing your video, it's great!
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    It looks like you need a lot of equipment to do this at home?

What are the minimum items that you need to do it?
  • ddavies919
    Options
    It looks like you need a lot of equipment to do this at home?

What are the minimum items that you need to do it?

You do need some free weights or adjustable. If you don't have a bench, you can use one of those inflatable balls, that's what I use sometimes.
  • Witchdoctor58
    Witchdoctor58 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    How does it compare to Chalean Extreme? I completed that, but I do like to switch workouts.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    How does it compare to Chalean Extreme? I completed that, but I do like to switch workouts.

I love Chalean Extreme!!! One of my very favorite workouts because of the lifting! Body Beast doesn't have as much cardio and the workouts themselves are not total body, like CE. So, there's a "leg" day, a "shoulder" day etc. However, there is a total body workout that you can swap out for other workouts. You still have the heavy lifting so if you have weights that you used for CE, you should be good to go for Body Beast.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Hello ladies! Oh, I can't wait to start Body Beast already! I leave Thursday for Vegas and will actually be seeing Sagi in person! Can't wait! Talk about motivation!

How are you all doing?