5'1 - 5'2 ladies whats your goal weight :)

Options

Replies

• amylynn2626
    Options
    I'm 5'1'' and 116 lbs. and just turned 27. I started at 175 about 7 mos ago. My first goal weight was 120, but I just wasn't totally satisfied. So I've changed my goal to 110, simply because my lower belly still has a tiny roll :(. I thought I would have a flat belly by now! my arms and legs are the thinnest they have ever been so now my stupid tummy needs to go! I find it strange that this last week I've been eating whatever I please (it's very hard to turn down bbq and ice cream cake) and still the weight was coming off, it actually seems that since I've been on my cardio kick that my metabolism has transformed, I'm also noticing I'm extremely hungry when I'm hungry LOL. When I was heavier I never really gave myself a chance to 'feel hungry'. In fact it seems the more weight I lose, the hungrier I get. Anyone else experiencing this? Also it is very hard for me to get a strength training routine down, kinda confusing what machines work what muscles, when to work certian muscles.......I seriously thought that at this weight I would feel amazing....but I must keep giving it my all, even though being very stressed out all the time (relationship issues:grumble: ) makes it hard to have energy for exercising.
  • mrty953
    mrty953 Posts: 26
    Options
    I am 66 years old 5'2 and my goal weight is 140.
  • bhenderson87
    Options
    I'm 5'1, I would like to be at 130lbs, but my goal weight is 115-120lbs. I'm 162lbs right now.
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 112 pounds, got about 8 pounds left to get there!
  • Onlineasllou
    Options
    I am 5' 2" (or just a hair under that) ... and 58 years old. I started my journey to get healthy 6 years ago at 203 pounds. I've had a series of goals along the way. At first I thought I that 175 was a low as I could reasonably reach and maintain. Now I weigh 152.

My current goal is 135 to get into the healthy BMI range. But I fantasize about getting to 118 -- what I weighed when I graduated from high school. I doubt I will get that low.
  • SarahEH98
    SarahEH98 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2", my goal weight is 118lbs. I have not had too much trouble keeping my weight between 125-130, but I would really like to make this the year that I say goodbye to the 120's!
  • tokimaromi
    tokimaromi Posts: 14
    Options
    i am 5'2 and 23 years old and i'm currently 124 pounds. i'd like to be around 115-117, i'm getting there! i'm more concerned about how i look and feel rather than the numbers of course but that's just a goal i set for myself at the moment.

oh and anyone can add me if we have some similar goals :)
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 and 5'1.5" and my goal is 130.
  • MerdiJune
    MerdiJune Posts: 68
    Options
    I'm 5'1, and aiming for 110-115. My smallest pants size was a 3-5 (currently 7-9), so I think I just have wide hips for my frame.
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot 2 and 42. My goal weight is 130, (140 right now) my dream weight is 125 and my ultimate wish is 120. LOL
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1"....goal is 130.
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 110.The lowest weight I ever hit was 115.I wore a size 2/3 .I was really happy in a size 5 and I was about 125 around there so that might be my adjusted goal later on.
  • moniraq
    moniraq Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot and a half inch, and I started off at 209, hoping to get down to 160. That is what I was at my lightest as an adult, and I think that's realistic. I know it's not in my DNA or body type to weigh 110 pounds, even though that's "healthy." I am very top heavy and have wide hips so I would look ridiculous at that weight! :-)

I'm with you. I'm 50 years old and I've NEVER weighed what my IBW says I should be weighing! I'm at 237 now and my initial goal is 230. I started at 248 so that's pretty realistic for me. Once I get to 230, I'm going for 200 lbs. and when I finally get there, I'm aiming for about 175 which was my weight in H.S. I've always had thick thighs, ample hips and bosom, and was always very physically active in the 175-200 range so that's what I'm aiming for.
  • hungryhobbit1
    hungryhobbit1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I am 5 feet tall, and the BMI charts say I should weigh between 104-130 pounds, however depending on which body fat % calculator I use, at 21% body fat I should weigh between 130-165 pounds (big range, I know.) When I get down to the 160s or so, I want to have Bod Pod testing done so that I can set a goal weight.

In the past I've looked at what other people my height say they weigh/want to weigh and let that make me a little crazy. But I have a very, very difficult time getting down below 130 pounds, and trying to push that low seems to make me give up and gain it all back. Now that I have a real idea of how much muscle mass I carry I guess it makes sense.
  • jordipippin
    Options
    5'2"- 51 - goal is to return to 140 (3 yrs ago) when I felt the best- anything lower and I had no energy. When originally started wt loss journey 6 years ago my target was 120- never got there as just didn't feel right and now with menopause- well lets just see if I can get back to what felt good.
  • Mimi4566
    Mimi4566 Posts: 5
    Options
    There is such a variety of goals listed under this post and I think this may be due to where you are in life. I am 5'2" and currently weight about 142. I hit menopause about a year ago and my weight increased to nearly 150. In my 20's my weight was generally in the low 120's and increased slowly over the past few decades. I have never been lean & slender but curvy built and I think body type also makes a difference. My goal is a healthy BMI of 134 pounds.
  • KiiAttitude
    KiiAttitude Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    im 5ft1 and i started at 350lbs now im down to 124lbs , my GW is around 115
  • Cobwellac
    Cobwellac Posts: 75 Member
    Options

That is amazing!!! Congratulations!!
  • hungryhobbit1
    hungryhobbit1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options

That is fantastic, and you look amazing. I hope you take some time to appreciate how good you look now. I know that when I have been at my thinnest I have never appreciated it because I've always compared myself to other people and found my body wanting. I want to go back in time and shake myself until I see me the way other people did.
  • monibean3
    monibean3 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am 5'1" ans weigh 108 lbs, but my goal is 95 lbs. I am very petite and that is the ideal weight for a small frame of 5'1". I was 130 lbs and feel great now. I just have a few jigglies and a it of a tummy that I want to get rid of....