Running is good for slimming

Options

Replies

• babybl00310
    babybl00310 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I started running/jogging at HH and yeah, it's a right pain in the (boob) *kitten* but here is a simple tip that is cost effective.

I wore a regular, supportive bra (an old one, so wasn't too fussed) and put a generic sports bra over the top. I was looking around finding that sports bra's in my size were either unavailable or about £200 and I wanted to get started NOW and not in three months time when I had the surplus money.

It's not perfect, and I would definitely recommend a decent sports bra if you can afford it, but it helped me to the point where I have minimal bounce and no pain/much sagging. I've gone down to an E now, and still adopt my on-the-cheap method because it works for me.

I'm gathering you're in the UK as you've quoted £'s. If you're looking for a sports bra try ebay. I've bought a few Shock Absorbers from there brand new for about £7.50 including postage.
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    See if you can find Moving Comfort bras. It may help. I know some of my friends who've gotten their bras from a department store like Nordstrom or a running specific store.
  • tinylittlelove
    tinylittlelove Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I used to be a FF, and would run everyday! I wore a size E sports bra though as I felt it gave me more support. It was just a cheapish one from Decathlon (sports gear store)
    As you lose the weight you slowly lose it from your boobs, I now wear a D cup bra!

Running is such a great way of exercising, don't feel put off by people staring, they're staring at you because you look good!
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I started running/jogging at HH and yeah, it's a right pain in the (boob) *kitten* but here is a simple tip that is cost effective.

I wore a regular, supportive bra (an old one, so wasn't too fussed) and put a generic sports bra over the top. I was looking around finding that sports bra's in my size were either unavailable or about £200 and I wanted to get started NOW and not in three months time when I had the surplus money.

It's not perfect, and I would definitely recommend a decent sports bra if you can afford it, but it helped me to the point where I have minimal bounce and no pain/much sagging. I've gone down to an E now, and still adopt my on-the-cheap method because it works for me.

I'm gathering you're in the UK as you've quoted £'s. If you're looking for a sports bra try ebay. I've bought a few Shock Absorbers from there brand new for about £7.50 including postage.

Yup, in the UK. That sounds ace, thanks for the heads up! I have to admit I don't do as much running because my workouts are predominantly free weights with short bursts of cardio (so running is only 10 minutes max, and not at all lately because of kind-of-shin-splints) so my bra method works for me for cross trainer, spinning bike etc. I really want to get into proper running - 5K/10K etc, so thank you x
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Lucky you! I have B's and they did get smaller from running. I think they might even be too small for elective surgery. Anyway from friends I've heard that a good quality sports bra will do the trick. And if you have a really good one you should have no need for two bras which I've also heard some women do. But obviously this is second hand information.
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I use a great sports bra. I have two of them and they've lasted me a LONG time. The investment is well worth the comfort. I use "Moving Comfort" sports bras. They are medium-expensive, but no where near 200 pounds! I think I bought mine for $60 or so? But I think you can find them cheaper online.
  • xariskallos3
    xariskallos3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello there.In order to lose fat (and shrink your boobs) you dont necessarily have to run for it. just walk and try reaching at least your 65%HR. For example, walking on an incline terrain is the best solution to burn more fat than just plain calories.
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm a DD and I wear two bras and do not bounce when I run.
  • smalls9686
    smalls9686 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of people slim down successfully via running. However, i have big boobs which are D cup. whichever exercise i do, my boobs will not get smaller. So whenever i go for running, everyone will be staring at my boobs. I dont know how to stop them from shaking. Any advice?

Ugh, I just managed to erase a very long detailed post about this =-( long story short you can run with large breast you just need to find a good sports bra made for women with large breast. 2 key things: 1. get properly fitted (DO NOT GO to Victoria Secret's) go to a real bra shop, a small nonchain boutique ones that care European bras are a good sign. The best US retailer IMHO is Norstroms. 2. Finding a good quality sports bra that comes in (KEY) bra sizes! If you are doubling up than it is a sucky sports bra! 3 factors for running bras 1. wicking ability 2. little to no stretch = no bounce 3. comfort straps. brands that stick out are Moving Comfort they are more expensive but you can find locally at D*cks Sporting and Shock Absorbers found at Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_apparel?_encoding=UTF8&field-brandtextbin=Shock Absorber&node=1036592

For me Shock Absorbers Extreme are the BEST hands down, I bought them on sale at 30 bucks a pop and at the time I was a 34 H, very large breasts and I had NO BOUNCE at all. I am now down to 32FF and I love the Shock Absorbers Brand.
  • smalls9686
    Options
    A good sports bra, they won't move an inch.

I personally swear by Shock Absorber but the available brands will depend on where you live.

I agree hands down the best bra by far...you can by them on Amazon, great thing about the internet! =-)
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of people slim down successfully via running. However, i have big boobs which are D cup. whichever exercise i do, my boobs will not get smaller. So whenever i go for running, everyone will be staring at my boobs. I dont know how to stop them from shaking. Any advice?

Try on a million bras until you can do jumping jacks in one without much movement. It took me years to find one (I thought they didn't exist. I NEVER found a sports bra that accomplished this. I now wear the Bali Satin Tracings Minimizer bra. Style 3562. I don't move at all and I routinely horseback ride. It also makes you appear a cup or two sizes smaller so that could help with your worry about people staring at your girls.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    HH cup here and I run, i even sprint.

wear good sports bras that are made to handle large cup sizes, and just because a bra comes in a cup size doesnt mean it's MADE to handle that size for high impact .

i wear panache since that's kind of my only choice at this size, but Enell is also very good
  • smalls9686
    Options

wear good sports bras that are made to handle large cup sizes, and just because a bra comes in a cup size doesnt mean it's MADE to handle that size for high impact .

i wear panache since that's kind of my only choice at this size, but Enell is also very good

I noticed you said you were an HH and your post seemed that you feel limited have you tried Shock Absorbers? They have have large sizes I for one was wearing an H 2 months ago so I know they at least go up that high I am think they may even go up to J or K. They are very good provide great coverage for the entire breast, no bounce, and for those that like to run great wick. They are on Amazon.
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Shock. Absorber.

(Be sure to get the running one, not the regular exercise one. Holds those babies in there!)
  • l_clc
    l_clc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Duct tape.

LOL
  • liliana51886
    liliana51886 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am between DD and DDD. Suggestions if you are low on money wear two chepo ones. BUT I did finally break down and buy a heavy duty 45 dollar on on sale. BUT make sure they have the claps in front. Mine has at least 15 clasps in the front. Awesome, they don't even move AT ALL.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    My daughter wears two sports bras at the same time - but I am pretty sure one really good one will do it for you.
  • suse71
    suse71 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi - I am an F and swear by Enell sports bras. Less Bounce sell them for about £45 but mine has lasted 5 years. They look odd and are a workout in itself to get on but squash you really flat and I have no bounce really when running.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

I noticed you said you were an HH and your post seemed that you feel limited have you tried Shock Absorbers? They have have large sizes I for one was wearing an H 2 months ago so I know they at least go up that high I am think they may even go up to J or K. They are very good provide great coverage for the entire breast, no bounce, and for those that like to run great wick. They are on Amazon.

woah! i had these on my wish list on amazon to try. i put it on a few months ago and i swear it was $60. i just checked again because you reminded me and the price has dropped to 33$ :happy:

about to pull the trigger on this. if it works out that will be great because i like having options :smokin:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

I just walk on the treadmill and instead of increasing the speed as I get better at it, I increase the incline. My boobs appreciate that. So do my bras.