Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Why do (some) men.....

13»

Replies

• The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member

Conversely, most women tend to always reach for the pretty pink toddler sized weights.

Wait, What? There are pink toddler sized weights? I must be going to the wrong gym.

There are yellow and blue ones too and all the colors of the rainbow....
    But the blue weights get you super big and bulky. And you'll grow a beard.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,674 Member
    You need to lift heavier at the gym.
  • PauliePCC
    PauliePCC Posts: 32 Member
    simply ego lifting. Guys try to out-do each other without realizing that it's competing with yourself not others that'll get you in shape. Meaning, trying to make slow, progressive gains over time. Bodybuilder is a marathon, not a race. In regards to women, many are afraid of weights, but rest asure that incorporating weights and slowly increasing them won't make you jacked or dude-like, but probably leaner and more defined than cardio alone.
  • Nishi2013
    Nishi2013 Posts: 210 Member

Conversely, most women tend to always reach for the pretty pink toddler sized weights.

Wait, What? There are pink toddler sized weights? I must be going to the wrong gym.

Thanks. I was wondering what the deal was with the stubble on my chin. I will switch back to the pink ones. But the yellow ones do match my workout gear better.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member

My gym prefers violet in the weight room.

I'm guilty of watching others at the gym :blushing: but I thoroughly enjoy the eye candy.
  • 75barbie
    75barbie Posts: 12 Member
    lmao!
  • Nishi2013
    You need to lift heavier at the gym.

...with proper form. Not looking like you are about to crack a bone.
  • Nishi2013

My gym prefers violet in the weight room.

I'm guilty of watching others at the gym :blushing: but I thoroughly enjoy the eye candy.

Right there with you..
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member

I hear they put a fair amount of hair on the chest and back. Gorilla's unite.
  • Nishi2013

I hear they put a fair amount of hair on the chest and back. Gorilla's unite.

DARNNIT!!! Now all my secrets are out.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    2mV0648.gif
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    2mV0648.gif

that made me a little warm.
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    I'm confused... I get the bad form part, but the 5 reps? isn't 5 reps the goal in programs like stronglifts?
  • Nishi2013
    I'm confused... I get the bad form part, but the 5 reps? isn't 5 reps the goal in programs like stronglifts?

Was throwing a number.. basically they do a few reps with bad form from too much weight.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Because they think they'll look sexier being all HULK SMASH?

To answer your question for real: I don't know.
  • 2mV0648.gif

Incidentally he hooked his legs over the I-beam that you see in the first frames. Not saying, just saying.