why do people hate country music?

Options

Replies

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Slight less offensive than Brad and LL Cool J: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3htOCjafTc
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    a93c13cd909ee8cc025aad8d604311da.jpg
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    Gimme some George Strait any day. That man is in his sixties and he is damn sexy! Will also take Merle, Willie, and Alan, but y'all can keep Taylor.

You can also keep Sugarland and the awful woman that 'sings' in it with her fake accent and nasaly voice.

i love sugarland but then i love her voice its original. the two of them split up just recently going to there own stuff. i never liked the guy from the group hes weird. i'm so jealous of you LisaMarie8713 see luke bryan i've been so tempted to go to the night club and request his song take my drunk *kitten* home. the only problem is i don't drink lol

I love sugarland too! I like her voice as well...

He was in town with Jason Aldean and they put on a great show! Though Luke was the star without a doubt!!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    a93c13cd909ee8cc025aad8d604311da.jpg

I lift you up...

And die because I know that.
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    This thread is great!! I'm really enjoying all the haters, lol!!! :flowerforyou: here you go!!!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    I actually really do like the song Red Dirt Road by Brooks and Dunn and would bang George Strait. It's not total hate.
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Country music drives me into a rage.

Imma tell you something about me, Joe Rogan, that you might not know. I smoke rocks.

Let he who is without sin throweth the first rock, And I shalt smoketh it.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Some people hate country because of all it represents in terms of politics. But many modern country artists are not signing about the politics.

They are singing about how they lost their cats and dogs and trucks and girls and mortgages.

I feel like you can ignore the politics and just enjoy the art.

My political views do not align well with the artist's but it takes a great person to rise above that and enjoy the art.

lol
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I do that with rap. I can stomach any kind EXCEPT rap.
    Country, I was raised on so it's ok, but not my fave.
    Hard rock is my go to music for sanity.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy it, and I would agree that the "everything but country" is quite a standard line.

Though I'm a closet country fan :-)

People say it to me a lot when they're hitting on me, and they just want me to know they wouldn't listen to "that" kind of music, which is a big mistake if they're trying to impress me. I used to date a classical composer and we listened to everything, including country and rap. That impressed me.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I think it's funny how people that claim they hate country can usually name five country artists that they like.
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    i hate it and it's hard to explain. i don't like the melody at all. i guess i wasn't raised in this country, so it's not part of my culture either.
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I like Miranda Lambert's "Momma's Broken Heart"

Several good lines.

"Run and hide your crazy and start acting like a lady"
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    I only hate Taylor Swift, and only her music.
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    I like Miranda Lambert's "Momma's Broken Heart"

Several good lines.

"Run and hide your crazy and start acting like a lady"

that song gets me everytime! i sing it like i am a star, in my car all alone lol
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    i hate it and it's hard to explain. i don't like the melody at all. i guess i wasn't raised in this country, so it's not part of my culture either.

The melodies are fine, it's the cheesy production and hack lyrics and the way they're sung and played.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I find country songs to almost always sound very similar. If a country song came through my speakers, I would just assume its either Shania Twain or Garth Brooks. Thats why I personally, dislike country. Though - if I have had a couple drinks...it wouldn't even matter.

Same with Hip Hop...and Pop...and pretty much everything besides metal and rock.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I think it's funny how people that claim they hate country can usually name five country artists that they like.

Eh... I hate country music and can't name a single band/singer from that genre that I like. So, yeah.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Im from the Country, so I heard it a bit. I never conformed to it.
    Like with any genre of music, there is a + & -
    I listen if Im feeling sentimental, but never when Im feeling just mental.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options

Eh... I hate country music and can't name a single band/singer from that genre that I like. So, yeah.
    Not even Darius Rucker, from Hootie and the Blowfish?