Do you track your calories when you over-eat?

Options
JennyOne2277
JennyOne2277 Posts: 26 Member
I mean like if you are away for a weekend or hang out with friends and throw caution to the wind re: food & alcohol; Do you still track, just to see how off track you got? Just curious.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Tracking is a habit now, so yep pretty much. I do it out of habit. Plus it can help explain any extra water weight gains.
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    I track/log everything, it is the only way to stay accountable. I had a horendous week last week and had major binges (1st time in a year) and I logged everything. It made me so disappointed in myself that it was enough to make me get back on track starting today!!!!
  • zenyacleveland
    zenyacleveland Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yup.....as much as I can remember to. I always want to see 125 day in a row....130 days in a row.
    I do the best that I can that way its just a habit like putting on deodorant.
    :)
  • AnnaSmith27
    Options
    I usually do even though it's painful to see. I think it helps me by making me learn from my mistakes.
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    Absolutely. No point in ever tracking if you're not going to honestly track.
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Yes because now it has become a habit. I don't want to be guessing and then 3 weeks later wonder why I have gained weight.
  • crystalrp
    crystalrp Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    As much as it pains me, I do!
  • KaylaMack0215
    KaylaMack0215 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yes I do! It gets my butt in gear and then I make better judgements next time!
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I don't let myself overeat. I workout like crazy everyday so i can eat what I want :wink:
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Yes along with a note as to WHY I ate so much. Party, PMS, just felt like it.... whatever. It lets me track trends.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Yes. I don't understand why people would ONLY track when they are doing good. I had a 40oz beer and snacked on chicharrones all night on Saturday. It all got tracked. I think it's even more important when you aren't sticking to your normal portions and meals... at least for me because I want to know....
  • chollands29
    chollands29 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I try to but some times it is just to hard. For example this weekend I was at a backyard cookout for 10 hours and basically was snacking on little bites of things. I'm sure I overate but I didn't bother logging because I have no idea exactly how much of each thing etc so it wouldn't even be close to accurate. I hate logging if I don't think I'm at least in the range of calories that I 'really' ate.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,453 Member
    Options
    It depends. Sometimes on those occasions I know that whatever I log is going to be a wild estimate so there's not much point. If it's easier to keep track, I'll do it, partly for the reassurance that I haven't somehow eating an extra 8000 calories!
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    I log everything. I can't wrap my head around the purpose of keeping a log of just the good days. The bad days teach us how to get better.
  • admegamo
    admegamo Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Yes. In fact, I have yet to completely throw caution to the wind. I mean, I know I over eat sometimes and I'm in the red really bad but believe me, it could be worse and would be worse if I didn't think about my MFP log.
  • OfficerFuzzy
    OfficerFuzzy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I go a few days without tracking.
    I just can't be tamed.

I stay aware of what I'm eating, but logging can be a pain--it's tedious.
  • skparker2
    skparker2 Posts: 132
    Options
    Likewise, tracking is now a habit for me, so unfortunately, yes. I do track even when I over-eat and feel like a cow.

I normally don't go over by a huge amount often, but I can go over by a ton at least once or twice a month I go to almost 2500+ calories. Then I get my toosh back into gear!
  • erikkmcvay
    erikkmcvay Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I mean like if you are away for a weekend or hang out with friends and throw caution to the wind re: food & alcohol; Do you still track, just to see how off track you got? Just curious.

Only time I don't is when I'm at our cabin and there is no internet. At those times I just try my best to NOT overeat! But If I do I note it on Monday when I weigh myself (I keep an offline log that I started before MFP).
  • JuneBabyJeannine
    JuneBabyJeannine Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! It keeps me honest with myself, and that's what matters most! :bigsmile:
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Yes. If I don't, it's easy to pretend that I had a healthy day. Logging makes me think twice before I eat something. This is why I alwyays log BEFORE I eat anything.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!