Your fav low cal snack?

Options

Replies

• srgtbiggles
    srgtbiggles Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    If you whip up a frozen banana in a small blender, it comes out like creamy ice cream! You can add a teaspoon of cocoa powder to make it chocolate, or strawberries, or..... The possibilities are endless! Yum!
  • nak1a
    nak1a Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    apple slices
    turkey bacon (3 slices, 75-100 calories)
    sugar free jello
    emerald 100 calorie dry roasted almonds
  • hharvey9
    hharvey9 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    -celery sticks with laughing cow low cal swiss cheese wedge
    -spicy cucumbers (slice it, squeeze a lil lime juice over and sprinkle with crushed red pepper, yum!)
    -almonds
    -if I'm craving chocolate: honey maid grahamfuls choc/pb (120 cals, whole grains, real pb and no high fructose corn syrup)
    -fruit
    -carrots and hummus
    -cottage cheese with tomatoes,cucumbers or avocado (all all three if you have the calorie room!)
    -100 cal snack packs rock for convience
  • Andreitzi
    Andreitzi Posts: 9
    Options
    Definately try eating some nuts, that are not sweetened at all, you can buy them plain, or salted. Try fruit or dried fruit in plain or vanilla yogurt with some blan cereal crunched in... its a better alternative to rice crispy cakes, which have high fructose sweeteners in there, plus they make me wanna eat more. *One was never enough* ALSO "diet soda's" are tricking your body into thinking you will get some energy (aka sugar) but you dont get that energy so then you want another one or are hungry and ready to eat more... JUICe is so delicious, especially Orange Juice 100% ah but you have to make sure the label on the side says 100%

I personally can not just eat a couple Dorito chips and then stop, i usually eat and eat and not realize it when im doing it, until its way too late....
    so try to avoid things like that, if you know you cant controll the habit, find a substitute.

Fruit and Water and nuts and juice is the BEST SNACK and HEALTHY
  • Andreitzi
    Andreitzi Posts: 9
    Options
    1 Spoon and Natural Peanut Butter.

Hahahahhah this was funny
  • JankaLee
    JankaLee Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My go to snacks are the usual standbys:

edaname
    cottage cheese with fresh salsa
    almonds
    peaches are in season right now
    milk (love me some milk..especially if i don't want to go through the hassle of making a snack lol)
    cheese
    tuna pouches packed in water
    pretzel sticks
    peanut butter trail mix
  • Crys483
    Crys483 Posts: 18
    Options
    Half a cucumber, half a tomato, cut up bite size. Add 1 tsp olive oil, 1-2 tsp vinegar, pinch of curry, pinch of basil, pinch of garlic powder. Mix it all up and enjoy! Only about 80 cal :)
  • KristinG1983
    Options
    Apple w/ Greek Peanut Butter Dip
    2 oz plain greek yogurt or vanilla
    1 T peanut butter - creamy or crunchy
    Mix til smooth eat with sliced apple. YUM YUM!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds so good!
  • drbskinny
    drbskinny Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Bump

I'll definitely be coming back to this thread to keep up with & try some of these yummy options!
  • abigailkorver
    Options
    Greek yogurt, celery and hummus, milk rice (1/2 cup with coconut milk), 100 calorie popcorn
  • LaLonda76
    LaLonda76 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of greek yogurt. I usually start getting hungry about 2 hours after lunch. The yogurt curbs my hunger until dinner time about 4 hours later.
  • barbd70
    barbd70 Posts: 35
    Options
    bump
  • AuntNiecey
    AuntNiecey Posts: 26
    Options
    Anyone try roasted chickpeas? They're supposed to be crunchy and really good.

Watermelon
    nonfat plain greek yogurt with about 1/4 cup frozen cherries and packet of stevia
    mini babybel light and celery/carrots
    sliced mini cucumbers with pepper, salt, and sprinkle of apple cider vinegar
    thick tomato slice with light smear of mayo with salt & pepper
    lunchmeat/reduced fat cheese rollups
    half a turkey sandwich
  • mackenzielizabeth
    Options
    A serving of cheerios (100 cals) + fresh strawberries (?) + a serving of unsweetened almond milk (30)! Also, I find that grapes keep me pretty full!
  • tessi1993
    tessi1993 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    baked banana with honey and or cinnamon and a scoop full of vanilla greek yogurt, AMAZING!!
  • dthreeus
    dthreeus Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    We tried this ranch recipe, and it is definitely kick *kitten* - we are now using it for salads and also as a dip for veggies, and found it is a very good mayo substitue on sandwiches (tuna salad for example). Thanks for the great recipe.

Also, here is a tip for chocolate cravers - try Dove's dark chocolate promises. They are roughly 40 calories each, and a couple are very satisfying, and some recommend a small intake of dark chocolate daily for burning belly fat. Hershey's Bliss dark chocolate, and dark chocolate Nuggets are also good stuff eaten maybe a couple per night.
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Big ol' fat and juicy purple grapes. A whole cup is 50 cal

I need some grapes now lol :bigsmile:
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn. 4 cups only has 122 calories. I buy the packets of ranch dressing mix and sprinkle it over the popcorn. Yummy! Four cups is a huge bowl of popcorn!

Also, pickles are good, too.
  • _andreamarie
    _andreamarie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I like celery dipped in ranch a lot!
  • sikessara
    sikessara Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Outshine Frozen Fruit Bars are only 40 calories each. (I love the strawberry one!)
    A nice, high quality balsamic vinegar on strawberries, raspberries or arugula is very tasty and aged balsamic has a wonderful, sweet flavor for very few added calories.
    And for a half your daily calcium and vitamin D, Adora dark chocolate calcium disk are only 30 calories. These are made with real chocolate and are not at all chalky!
    I'm also a big fan of Chex Mix for a salty treat. It's 120 calories for a half a cup serving.
    Jicama cut into matchstick pieces is a crunchy, slightly sweet treat. Or it's also good mixed with a shredded carrot, sliced green apples or cabbage and a little rice wine vinegar.
    Grated parmesan cheese is good topping for popcorn at only 22 calories for one tablespoon--The wedges of aged parm that are grated as needed are the most flavorful.