Shorts?!

Options

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Are you wearing converse? aren't you worried about not having enough support?

I lift barefoot.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

I lift barefoot.

A lot of guys at my gym wear flip flops, or barefoot, or minimalist shoes when they lift, so I don't see the problem.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

I lift barefoot.

In for shorts, bare feet and anything else being dropped to the floor.
    Cranks - the great thing about your hang ups is that a) when you get over them you motivate others b) the visuals :flowerforyou:

May you always progress.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

I give her all the support she needs.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I can relate! I don't feel comfortable wearing shorts in public. However, I am working towards that goal : )

you will get there!

I have had no problem posting pics of myself here on MFP and showing my progress... It's been kind of like a safe haven. I seriously dont know why I waited so long to actually follow through and wear shorts to the gym.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    OP you are fantastic and rock the shorts. :love:

Your feet aren't breasts. They aren't going to smack you in the face if you squat too quickly and don't have the right support.

If you don't have lifting shoes, flat shoes or no shoes are best as you use your natural balance and are grounded.
  • CrankMeUp
    Options
    xDmCPHo.png

LOL fine.

7f41c325-286c-4ed1-aac7-40d107a2f288_zps6bda06b6.jpg

3e5991cc-b9a8-4b52-b218-28d197cf075c_zpsd0d16a8e.jpg

9d0d4109-f6be-44e1-9031-20832f18fbce_zpsb4569705.jpg
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    OP you are fantastic and rock the shorts. :love:

Your feet aren't breasts. They aren't going to smack you in the face if you squat too quickly and don't have the right support.

If you don't have lifting shoes, flat shoes or no shoes are best as you use your natural balance and are grounded.

Being grounded can be counter-productive to some lifts.

LightningLift_zps0bdf0ece.gif
  • nave002
    nave002 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    The only pair of shorts i own are worn to bed, and they will NEVER see the light of day. EVER. I hate my legs, I have always hated my legs and I will NEVER wear shorts. EVER.

You look great tho.

hmmm...you do know what saying this to me might do, right?

it will probably make you want to slap me. and thats ok I kind of like being smacked around ;)

OMG! You made me laugh out loud for real a couple of times reading this....

I, personally, do not wear shorts outside my home or the privacy of my deck but with that being said, I look forward to the day when I can get out of my own head and do it!!!:smile:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Knees and ankles are the Devil's work . . .

Carry on :devil:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

Many weight lifters wear Converse to lift in, as they are solid and flat-soled, which is what you need for stability.

Personally, I lift in my socks.
  • CrankMeUp
    Options

Many weight lifters wear Converse to lift in, as they are solid and flat-soled, which is what you need for stability.

where are your pics?
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    U ROCK!!!!

I have yet to wear shorts to the gym, but you inspire me and I'm looking forward to it one day! :happy:
  • Chocdip
    Chocdip Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I agree - all the women on here look great!!
  • ButterflyKristen
    ButterflyKristen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You look great! I wear shorts in public and to the gym ... but I probably shouldn't ... I have 17.2% body fat and ALL of it is contained in my butt and thighs ... yay me!
  • Tysonlovesweights
    Tysonlovesweights Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I've never had a problem wearing shorts. But as a guy, this might be relative.

I prefer not to wear tanktop or sleeveless shirt at the gym. Or when working out. I don't know why i'm like that. I've never been the type to want to flaunt my guns in the gym while working out, getting that pump. Even though i'm usually more cut than the guys i do see wearing tanks and sleeveless. I always joke with my friend that i workout with, that one day i'm gonna rock the sleeveless and expose the bulge. I don't know, maybe one day.
    I am with you on this one, albeit not really big or ripped the way you are, but even if I was, I wouldn't wear those types of gear. I don't have the problem of being so blessed with arms that my sleeves are tighter on my shirt than the stomach and shoulders :(, but I am working on it at least, so like you said......one day maybe
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options

where are your pics?

Yes.
    WHERE ARE YOUR PICS!??!
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Yay Crank!

So proud of you , you have come so far physically and emotionally and you ROCK!!

PS No shorts for me! lol
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Not lifting, but in shorts....at a gym(nasium) playing volleyball.

421298_10150819877930760_1768986268_n.jpg
    418260_10150819878485760_357386240_n.jpg
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

dace2269-8b22-4ecf-b2dd-0855cc3b7fcf_zps725b6bc6.jpg

HOT!

Who wears short shorts? I WEAR SHORT SHORTS!
    IMG_20130612_205215_zps02b2e386.jpg

No video, but I have been known to deadlift. This is only 225 pounds (1.5x my weight).
    1005887_10200317386992472_344360148_n_zpse049316c.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!