Sorry in advance for my Rant

Options
Fighting4Healthy
Fighting4Healthy Posts: 336 Member
I used to be one of these crazy people, you know the ones that try to fit their size 16 butts into size 12 pants!!!
I was driving around town and realized that so many women tend to wear clothes that are way too small for them. Yeah they may think they look sexy, but they really just look trashy. What is worse is that these girls are between the ages of 12 and 17! My question is where are the parents in this mess? Do they not see what their daughters look like before they leave the house? Now in my situation, my mom taught me how to dress, are there more parents like her? Is that why the younger generation of women are not respected nor do they demand respect?
I hate how our world puts on shows like "Teen Mom" and "16 and Pregnant" that encourage teen pregnancy, but then they complain about the "teen pregnancy epidemic". So much of the new generation is disrespectful and low class (if they have any class at all). Teen boys and girls are getting pregnant and still out partying. I was 15 when I got pregnant and 16 when I had my oldest and I will tell you what there was no partying for me, I went to school and I worked because I was on my own and new that I had thought I was mature enough to do adult things then I had to be mature enough to take responsibility for my actions, so I did. But these little girls and boys think that they can just keep on partying like they didn't have kids and the most I can do is pray that they realize that their life is no longer their own. I don't know, I am sorry for ranting and raving, I know I sound crazy, but as I get older I see things that I feel aren't going to help future generations prosper, and it just makes me sad and scared for what the future will hold for me and my future generations.

Sorry about this being so long and all over the place, I just let my fingers type what was on my mind. lol

Replies

• Cutting4life
    Cutting4life Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    too long didn't read
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    too long didn't read

Yeah, sorry...just a little too long...
  • JeremiahStone
    JeremiahStone Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    It takes a lot to say what you just said, but most of the time the truth hurts.. My preverbal hat is off to you miss.
  • mizgiet
    mizgiet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm going to take some time to read it right now just because I feel bad that nobody else is reading it. :-) Here goes...
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    It's not really that long, just needs paragraphs to make it easier to read.
  • mizgiet
    mizgiet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Omg, as a middle school teacher, I am SO glad I read that!! I completely agree with you! Parents definitely need to take more care these days.
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    long, and hard to focus, but made my way through it and I agree with you! btw, your profile pic made me LOL!!
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    When i was 16, my parents let me wear whatever I wanted and I might as well have walked around naked, I now have a 16 yr old daughter and I am very strict with what she is allowed to wear. I tell her about things that were said to me and how I was portrayed and it was very hard for anyone to take me seriously when I was dressed like a tramp. I tell her that by dressing the way she does she may not get as much as attention as other girls but the attention she gets is based on who she is and is more likely to be from people she would want to have in her life and not how she dresses. This is working for me so far, we shall see what happens in the future.
  • carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just need to rant and get it over with.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    If you think that paragraph is too long to read, I pity you.

As for the OP, I feel your opinion is kind of a blanket statement. Not all girls dress trashy, and there wasn't a sudden "downgrade" of "class." And actually, both 16 and pregnant and teen mom have helped in lowering the overall percentage of teenage pregnancy in the US.

But yes, I do wonder why some girls dress the way they do. My niece for example, dresses like a bright mismatched hobo, regardless of all the cute clothes her mom buys for her. But ah well, she likes it. Sweet kid, can't really judge too harshly.
  • dextersgramps
    dextersgramps Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I totally agree,when my wife and I had our kids we rarely went out to a party.Once in a while gramma would say I`m taking the kids for the night and you 2 are having a date night,no ifs ands or buts.Now a days I know of a few people that are always looking for a sitter come every Friday or Saturday night.They want to have kids but not take the responsibility that goes along with it.They should have thought about it in advance
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    If you think that paragraph is too long to read, I pity you.

As for the OP, I feel your opinion is kind of a blanket statement. Not all girls dress trashy, and there wasn't a sudden "downgrade" of "class." And actually, both 16 and pregnant and teen mom have helped in lowering the overall percentage of teenage pregnancy in the US.

But yes, I do wonder why some girls dress the way they do. My niece for example, dresses like a bright mismatched hobo, regardless of all the cute clothes her mom buys for her. But ah well, she likes it. Sweet kid, can't really judge too harshly.

Yeah what is that about? I am strict about whether or not my daughter wears revealing clothes but that's where I stop and she also looks like a hobo in bright colors. I just shake my head and remember my goth phase in high school
  • aquinoz
    aquinoz Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My aunt for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either........

The problem is you're focusing on the things in life that don't really matter. When I was a kid I had hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself "Am I on the right track here?". I don't mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you could use the brain cells you have and take advantage of the knowledge I have given you now. Good luck.

:laugh:
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    too long didn't read

Yeah, sorry...just a little too long...

I lost interest at "where are the parents" before I get to "somebody think of the children!"

edit for spelling retardation.
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    What did I just read?
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Options
    Hi everyone. Sorry about this post being so long and I am in no way saying I am the perfect parent Trust me I have made same mistakes as a parent. I was just ranting. I tent to post what is on my mind and if someone takes interest and would like to have a conversation about it, it gives me something to talk to about a similar interest. I was not trying to offend anyone. Sorry if I did.
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Options
    What did I just read?

A rant from a crazy lady! LOL I guess I just have my own opinions about things. Yeah maybe I should keep my mouth shut, but that just isn't something I do well :-)
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    Well, the increase in teen pregnancies largely comes from an ignorance of contraception, which I blame on abstinence only sex education. As for parents letting their child wear what they want, why the hell not? Yeah, you may not like it but it's not up to you, is it?
  • betterthanbefpre
    betterthanbefpre Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    In my home it's up to me what my children wear. I am aware of self expression but slutty clothes ain't it.

I agree with the OP. Honestly, if parents decided to not be their kids friends and actually parent that would help a bit.

Sounds like you've got your head on right OP!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Well, the increase in teen pregnancies largely comes from an ignorance of contraception, which I blame on abstinence only sex education. As for parents letting their child wear what they want, why the hell not? Yeah, you may not like it but it's not up to you, is it?

This. Teen pregnancy, although the rates are decreasing overall, is highest in red states that peddle abstinence-only education and make contraceptives nearly impossible to access.

As for clothing, what one person may find trashy, others may not. As long as their genitals/boobs aren't on display for all to gawk at, let them wear what they wish!