Loosing before Trying to Conceive

Options

Replies

• ChrystalDutton
    ChrystalDutton Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    we plan to start trying soon, getting to my goal weight or as close to it is a goal of mine, and I plan to continue healthy eating as well as exercise while pregnant and after. Feel free to add me :)!
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    That would be me! ???? We aren't sure about when we will start trying but I need to be at my goal weight before we do. It was extremely difficult to get around with #1 since I was already over weight plus all the baby weight. I hope to start trying in the new year!

This is me too. We would be trying for baby #3 :-o
  • staplebug
    staplebug Posts: 189
    Options
    this is me! Or WAS me. I lost 30 pounds a couple of years ago and this year wanted to lose another 10-20, but I didn't want to put off getting pregnant any longer. I'm hoping to stay super healthy so I can get the excess off after baby comes in January :) Good luck to you!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    No more getting knocked up for me. I'm keeping my knees together from now on.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    *losing
  • pineappleroo
    pineappleroo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    after all the fertility testing we were told I need to lose 30 lbs. or choose in vitro
  • rencawdor24
    rencawdor24 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am kind off.....
    I have 31 lb to lose to be at a healthy BMI, already lost 8lb :)

I had a miscarriage last year and want to be fitter before trying again, although I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out.... all my friends and family seem to be having babies right now!

I was already overweight before my first pregnancy and then just piled on more weight during my preganancy as I just ate all day long.
    It would be great if my next pregnancy is healthier and I have energy to enjoy the 9 months rather then be uncomfortable the whole time.
  • rencawdor24
    rencawdor24 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Quick question - can we still lose weight healthy whilst pregnant?
    If so, i can start trying to conceive sooner.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, although I am not trying to lose weight for a baby, I am trying to lose weight for my fertility.

I have two boys and my sister discovered after years of trying to conceive that she had gone through early menopause. She still ovulates but they told her that her egg quality is that of a much older lady so she would need an egg donor.

I lost around 40lbs last year to meet the criteria of the clinic (BMI 35) so that I could donate eggs. Last month we started treatment for me, it all started well but after a little while the follicles didn't grow as fast as they should so the cycle was cancelled.

Both me and my sister were gutted but the consultant told us that the first go is always a bit of a shot in the dark as no one knows how someone will respond. He said that we will try again in a few month with different doses of medication and now we know how I respond we should get a better result.

He said that if I could lose a bit more weight then it would only help matter, so am really going for it now to try and do anything I can to help my sis!

Feel free to add me ladies if you like xx
  • smesche
    smesche Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I really want to get near goal before we try for baby number 2. I was overweight (about 20 lbs less than I weigh now) when I found out I was pregnant with my son. Surprisingly, I had a healthy pregnancy and labor/delivery. I definitely do not want to be big and pregnant again.

Hopefully sometime next year we can start trying. I'll be 29 in October and definitely don't want to wait much longer. This is my motivation.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Quick question - can we still lose weight healthy whilst pregnant?
    If so, i can start trying to conceive sooner.

I had BMI of over 40 when pregnant with both my boys and loved been pregnant. I lose around 10-15lbs over the 9 months with each child so by the time I was home from hospital a week any no longer carrying big bouncing babies (first was 8lb 15oz and second 10lb 8oz!) it was much more in total. Unfortunately been a busy mum and with a baby to care for meant I was reaching for quick and easy fix for food and soon gained the weight back.

During pregnancy it's encouraged to eat healthy and stay active. If you are overweight now and follow that advise you will probably lose fat, but the scales might not drop in actual weight much because of the other stuff going on including increased blood volume, weight of baby and fluid, larger boobs etc.
  • CandiQueen
    CandiQueen Posts: 57
    Options
    I don't really have any input on this topic except GOOD FOR ALL OF YOU! This should be the mentality. I know so many people that are just like oh who cares I am going to be fat when im pregnant anyway, so I will just try to lose the weight afterwards. I guess they are not thinking about the magnitude of health problems that can occur during any regular pregnancy and how much the chances go up for those that are overweight or obese.

Having a baby while overweight can be very dangerous for mom and baby. I know sometimes there are unplanned pregnancies, even when everything is done right, but personally I don't believe that couples should actively try to have children while they are maintaining unhealthy lifestyles. If you happen to be very healthy and a bit overweight well then you shouldn't have any extra problems anyway, but I believe people should try to be as healthy as possible when trying to bring children into this world. Not just physical health either, but healthy all around. I have regrets about not waiting until my partner and I were more emotionally stable, although I wouldn't trade my children for the world.
  • jsimler1
    jsimler1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Same here...my cycle is so off from being obese and having PCOS...i'm determined to be prego within the next 3 years! :flowerforyou: good luck everyone!
  • LisaBeateith2012
    LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Every time I lose about 30lbs I end up pregnant
    I have lost 31lbs and hoping..... fingers crossed! :o))
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Me too, I just had a blighted ovum two weeks ago so we are waiting for my first period before we try again. I don't want to be this weight but I am trying my best to be healthy as possible before we get pregnant again. The hard thing is that it took at year before we conceived, so i'm worried it might take that long again. Guess all we can do is try.
  • tanyadolan1
    tanyadolan1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to loose before trying to conceive as I suffer from a form of PCOS so therefore the more overweight I am, the harder it becomes for me to fall pregnant.
  • AmyMagz0519
    Options
    Same here. I have about 100lbs to lose and really have no deadline. My huisband and I are discussing starting a family (no kids yet) so I want to make sure I am healthy and getting into the habits of exercise before I am pregnant so I can keep exercising while pregnant.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I was trying to get preggers for the last 6 years, gave up trying last year. Lost about 140 lbs and found out in March I was 13 weeks pregnant.

So it would seem losing weight is highly beneficial to conception. GLuck to you ladies <3
  • AnnaMW2013
    AnnaMW2013 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have 100 I want to lose before trying for baby #2. My 1st is from a previous marriage. I was just remarried in May and my "baby" will be 6 in September! I had pre-e with my first and a c/s. I want to do all I can to have a healthy pregnancy the second time around and have a vbac!
  • ladybuggprincess99
    ladybuggprincess99 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Every time I lose about 30lbs I end up pregnant
    I have lost 31lbs and hoping..... fingers crossed! :o))

Hahaha. I've lost 60 pounds. WHERE ARE MY TWINS?!? :angry: