At what meal do you consume the MOST calories?

Options
13»

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    My biggest meal is dinner. It is logged in my diary as "lunch" because of my third shift schedule, but it's really dinner, lol.

Meal timing is a myth and so is that whole "you must eat big breakfasts and tiny dinners" thing. I prefer dinner food (which is when I have steaks, pasta, etc.) so I make that one the biggest. I would rather have more of the food I enjoy most.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Dinner and after dinner snacks take 50% or more of my daily calories goal.

^^^This.
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been consuming the most calories at lunch time.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Supper
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    The last meal.
  • waylandcool
    waylandcool Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Dinner. Sometimes I have a bigger lunch but between working out and just being active on the weekends, I tend to be very hungry at dinnertime.
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    It's typically dinner time when I consume the most. I find that if I have a fulfilling dinner I don't want to snack later into the evening (which is a hard time for me.) What ever works best for each person I guess! :)
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Sometimes my post dinner snacks..
  • fleurdelis504
    Options
    Dinner is always my biggest meal. I am uneasy if I don't have at least 800 left for dinnertime lol

Im the same way! Love dinnertime!
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    usually breakfast. i work out in the morning, in a fasted state, and then i'm ravenous when i get home! eggs, bacon, avocado, protein shake, banana :)

that sounds delicious and I usually do the same thing!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I have most of my calories for dinner, and after dinner snacks. I either skip breakfast, or have a very light one, then a slightly bigger meal for lunch, and the rest in the evening.
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    It's typically dinner time when I consume the most. I find that if I have a fulfilling dinner I don't want to snack later into the evening (which is a hard time for me.) What ever works best for each person I guess! :)

completely agree! I hate that I have to "snack" after dinner so I know if I have a larger dinner I'm not as likely to snack.
  • cphorton28
    cphorton28 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Me too, I like breakfast but it's not something I take super pleasure in. My husband says that dinner should be my lightest meal. I love dinner it's my favorite meal of the day. What tends to happen is I go crazy on the portions. I also work late and I hate eating dinner at work it's not pleasant. However I have to find a way to make the change. I typically eat small breakfast meals and lunch meals to save calories for dinner but I need help with that. Thanks for sharing. I almost need a Jillian standing over me telling me 1 helping is enough geesh. Tedious battle but I am going to win.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Dinner because that's when I have time to cook a meal at home.
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    For me it depends lol most days I think it's breakfast but if I pre plan ahead and dinner is going to be high then I plan my day accordingly :)
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Definitely dinner. I've found that a good dinner around 6 pm keeps me sated for the rest of the evening.
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    Breakfast is usually between 5-600 cals. I try to go down from there but sometimes dinner ends up at about the same cal intake. I notice without fail if I skimp on breakfast I have a crappy food day. I wake up and fuel up cause life could throw me any number of curves and I have to be ready!
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I walk daily after dinner so I eat most of my calories then.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Dinner. Like most people say, it's because I have the most time to prepare it. I eat a small breakfast at work, medium lunch, maybe a couple of snacks (piece of fruit/some nuts) in the morning or afternoon, then basically finish the day with dinner and possibly dessert.
  • SandyHikerBikerMomma
    Options
    My 5 meals are all pretty average in calories. Breakfast Snack Lunch Snack Dinner. But my Breakfast and First Snack are closer together. So definitely my morning is higher calories.