Someone thought I was hot... I'm offended!!

Options

Replies

• ForumSamurai
    Options
    I would take it as a compliment.

Unless it's something pervy like..."Please mail me your used granny panties?"
    Exactly. One should use FedEx. Better tracking.
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I would take it as a compliment.

Unless it's something pervy like..."Please mail me your used granny panties?"

:tongue:
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I got called a hottie. True story.
    I was not offended.
  • ForumSamurai
    Options
    This is a spin off of the "Married or Taken" thread. I recognise you OP :bigsmile:
    Shhh... Don't tell anyone.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends. Women want to be admired, not hit on by creepy guys. So "Hey, amazing progress. You look really hot" is probably ok. while "Hey sexy, I like that tattoo on your *kitten*" is maybe less okay.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    They are only offended when the person telling them they are hot is ugly.....fact

In a related story, I was walking on the beach sporting a banana hammock and I walked past some people and a lady said "whoa look a nice big banana". I didn't know if I should LOL or call the cops. I turn around real fast and she was feeding her baby a banana. A piece of me died right there...I know, cool story bro
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    if any girl tells me im hot a promise i will not be offended.....in fact id probably get up kick my office chair across the room rip my shirt off and start dancing

Now that's a viral video I'd like to see! ;-) lol rawrrrrrr prrrrrrrr

haha!! agreed!!
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Some people are simply attention hogs who are not as hot as they think they are.

Get over yourself... you are not the big deal you think you are just because you get hit on once or twice.

Thats not over the top and no reason to let your vainity get in the way of reality. Your offended by a compliment? Go back to staring at yourself in the mirror.
  • ForumSamurai
    Options
    I guess it depends. Women want to be admired, not hit on by creepy guys. So "Hey, amazing progress. You look really hot" is probably ok. while "Hey sexy, I like that tattoo on your *kitten*" is maybe less okay.

Yet.. ponder this... why did she put the tattoo on her *kitten* in the first place? Discuss.
  • Andrea8985
    Andrea8985 Posts: 107
    Options
    It completely depends on the context. If some random guy you've never even met walks up to you and is all "You're hot. Wanna have sex?" That's not okay. Talking to a girl like that is only okay if you know the girl and you have that type of relationship with her. From a random stranger...not okay. Creepy.

If a random guy I've never met before tells me I'm attractive, or that I look nice, I'm pretty, etc etc....that's totally fine and I take it as a compliment. I'll even blush (because I blush quite easily). If you've never met me and tell me I have a nice rack and would like to get in my pants, please don't get offended if I take it upon myself to punch you in the face.
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options

Yet.. ponder this... why did she put the tattoo on her *kitten* in the first place? Discuss.

I have a tattoo on my *kitten*. I did it because I think I have a smokin' *kitten* and it needed to be decorated. Though I have never shown the tat in pictures.
  • mitfam
    mitfam Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Aaah me! Gone are the days when I was "hot". I'm verging on the insipidly tepid myself. (I do have a sexy voice and a cute laugh though :P) So, if anyone said I was hot, I'd suggest a trip to the opticians. It's good to share people's achievements and if that means trawling through images of young masculine tanned flexing musculars, I'm happy to oblige. Congrats to everyone who happily flex and share and acknowledge their "hotness" say I. :smile: :happy:
  • cheexy85
    cheexy85 Posts: 119
    Options

My thoughts exactly...
  • taliasometimes
    taliasometimes Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    its all about the amount of sleaze

If they attempt to converse, cool.
    if you can spot an instant pervert, then not cool
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    It never ceases to amaze me the number of MFP members that are "offended" by people "hitting on them."

Really?

You created, then posted attractive "selfies" of yourself in a bathing suit , standing in front of your own mirror, with your own cell phone, because you, yourself, think you're hot... and you're morally outraged by people...who... agree with you??

Sexual harrasment is defined as "unwanted" sexual advances. Always note the "unwated" part, beucase the truth is people will always accept advances and compliments from those they have interest in.
  • ForumSamurai
    Options
    its all about the amount of sleaze

If they attempt to converse, cool.
    if you can spot an instant pervert, then not cool
    Now.... that's a fair statement...
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    if any girl tells me im hot a promise i will not be offended.....in fact id probably get up kick my office chair across the room rip my shirt off and start dancing

Hi

You'e hot.

I expect video.

mmkthxbye

oh... someone already said it...oops.
  • AbigailClarke48
    Options
    I get outraged when someone thinks my profile pic is hot or is trying to hit on me based on that picture, it's just WRONG!!!!

But you are a panda!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I have yet to see anyone get offended by that. There's a first for everything, I suppose...
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    When did "selfie" become a word?