Isagenix

Options
Hi Everyone!

I have been hearing so much about Isagenix. Isagenix is a cleansing and detoxification system utilized to kick-start your metabolism and weight loss. Are there any MFP members that have taken this product? I am interested in purchasing the 9-day cleanse; however, have mixed thoughts...

Let me know your thoughts...

Thanks everyone!!

Replies

• evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Cleanses are pointless and don't do anything to increase fat loss. You don't need to be "detoxified," and even if you did have some sort of heavy metal intoxication, an Isagenix shake wouldn't do squat for it. They're scams designed to get your money. Just stop eating crap and exercise.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Cleanses are pointless and don't do anything to increase fat loss. You don't need to be "detoxified," and even if you did have some sort of heavy metal intoxication, an Isagenix shake wouldn't do squat for it. They're scams designed to get your money. Just stop eating crap and exercise.

THIS!

Plus, nothing jump starts metabolism - the ONLY thing that increases metabolism is increasing lean body mass.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I have been hearing so much about Isagenix. Isagenix is a cleansing and detoxification system utilized to kick-start your metabolism and weight loss. Are there any MFP members that have taken this product? I am interested in purchasing the 9-day cleanse; however, have mixed thoughts...

Let me know your thoughts...

Thanks everyone!!

nope
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Isagenix WORK's! It is NOT a Scam. You can Learn more here as well as other Products too CANNOT SELL

Isagenix doesn't work. First post and you're trying to sell a product? You cannot sell your products here.

OP, isagenix doesn't work any better than proper eating and exercise. A product that claims to cleanse and detox your body should be thrown away right away.
  • Paleo_wolf
    Paleo_wolf Posts: 28
    Options
    Majority of the products advertised as cleanses and "detoxifiers" end up doing the body more harm than good. Fat loss and metabolism increase can be achieved through patience and hard work.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Isagenix will nutritionally cleanse the body which is different than cleanses that starve the body.

:huh:
  • Merlyns888
    Options
    I have been using Isagenix for a total of 2 full 30 day programs and 1 maintenance month. I go to the gym between 4-6 times a week. Which I was doing before with little to no weight loss. I have lost 13 pounds and kept it off for 4 months. I have lost right around 20" so far. I have gone down from a size 16 to a hair around a 10. Isagenix has changed my life and my husbands life. It's NOT a diet!!! It's a cleanse and also a tool to learn how to eat and how to live a much more healthy life. I have been able to eat pizza, pasta, burgers and drink beer. Is that full time, heck no it's not!! It's what my cheat days are made of and I will NEVER give up the comfort foods I've learned to enjoy in my lifetime, however I have learned how to portion them and when to eat them. I SWORE I would NEVER sell Isagenix and for the first time just two days ago as I was making another order it dawned on me, I would now. Why wouldn't I want anyone to feel as much energy as I do? Why wouldn't I want someone/anyone to have the chance to change their life like we have? It's hard work and I won't lie. If you are looking for a diet or meal replacement, than this isn't for you. You have to want to commit to a life style change and to a better life. You have to want to be determined to cook better and EAT!!! The key to losing weight is to work those muscles and to eat!! Again, if you're looking for a change...try it out!! If you have any questions, shoot me an email!! I'll send you a link to my 1st 30 days blog on another site and you can check out my blog on here. I'm not selling anything, just telling you my experience with it! Chin Up & Good Luck!!
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I have been using Isagenix for over 7 years. Exercise is important, as is eating well, however Isagenix will nutritionally cleanse the body which is different than cleanses that starve the body. That being said, it is like anything, you have to be consistent. So once you do a program you need to continue with maintenance to keep the body clean. Similar to exercise really. If you work out regularly and then stop, your results from the workout will no longer be there anymore. It is a wonderful program and the company backs it with a 30 day return policy. So, there is no risk and only good health to gain. One thing to be cautious of though is to ensure whoever you purchase it from does a proper health analysis with you, as a 9 day intense program is not suitable for everyone. Best of luck!
    Prove it.
    That is unsupported nonsense.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Anyone who tells you that not only do you need to use their product to "cleanse and detoxify" but you also have to continue to BUY the product FOREVER for maintenance are just trying to separate you from your money. I have yet to see one of these snake oil salespeople identify just ONE toxin that their product rids your body of. You don't need it. your body does a fantastic job of cleansing itself. My wise old father used to warn me, "there are things that are made to work, and there are things that are made to sell". this one is easy to pick.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,688 Member
    Options
    You change you life through some smart decision making on eating and some hard work on exercise and activity. Companies that sell stuff to you inferring that it's their product that makes the difference just want your money.
    For every "successful" Isagenix story, there are 9 more who failed with it. That's the average stats for any weight loss product.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Someone I know started using it 8-9 months ago and she still looks exactly the same and is fitting in the same clothes she was wearing. I think it's a complete waste of money.
  • TangieTP
    TangieTP Posts: 26
    Options
    Wow, snarky bunch here.

I am not selling, nor do I ever intend to sell Isagenix. I will say that at the advice of a *trusted* trainer, I started it 10 days ago. Went with the 30 day system, knowing zero about the products before. When he recommended it, it was frustrating getting through the hype and BIASED reviews online by people selling the product (I hate that), but I decided it was natural stuff and a reasonable way to increase my protein intake, so I am giving it a try.

I have already lost 6 pounds and losing inches. I am not starving myself and have not experienced much except an increase in energy and clarity overall. I am prediabetic and have lots of stomach fat, so maybe it isn't for everyone, but right now, it is affecting me positively.

You really shouldn't hate on something you haven't tried for yourself. You guys are behaving badly towards other people. If you don't want to do it, fine, don't. But don't be rude to other people who are trying to do something positive for themselves.

Have a good night all. Wanted to chime in and cut through the negative nonsense.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Anything that says 'detox' is bull, IMHO. If your liver and your kidney can't naturally get rid of it, then no pill can. You'll need a dialysis.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Wow, snarky bunch here.

I am not selling, nor do I ever intend to sell Isagenix. I will say that at the advice of a *trusted* trainer, I started it 10 days ago. Went with the 30 day system, knowing zero about the products before. When he recommended it, it was frustrating getting through the hype and BIASED reviews online by people selling the product (I hate that), but I decided it was natural stuff and a reasonable way to increase my protein intake, so I am giving it a try.

I have already lost 6 pounds and losing inches. I am not starving myself and have not experienced much except an increase in energy and clarity overall. I am prediabetic and have lots of stomach fat, so maybe it isn't for everyone, but right now, it is affecting me positively.

You really shouldn't hate on something you haven't tried for yourself. You guys are behaving badly towards other people. If you don't want to do it, fine, don't. But don't be rude to other people who are trying to do something positive for themselves.

Have a good night all. Wanted to chime in and cut through the negative nonsense.

No one has been rude. The OP asked for opinions and she got what she asked for. No one is hating on anything either. What some of Will do is ask that people who make claims about a product actually prove what they claim. I asked earlier for someone to name one toxin that this stuff rids the body of. Can you name one? You say you lost 6 pounds in 10 days. I am sure you know the science that it takes a deficit of 3500 calories to lose one pound of fat. 6x3500= 21000. You can't create that large of a deficit in ten days. You lost water. Not to minimize your loss, but it wasn't fat. Cleanses don't detox or create a calorie deficit. If you can prove otherwise with science, I am all ears.
  • TangieTP
    Options
    Hmm not ALL water. Some, yes. My theories and observations so far: this is definitely a controlled calorie type of deal so I am at a slight deficit each day. It also promotes (TMI) regularity where before I suffered digestive issues so it is helping/healing there and yes I lost some yucky weight there. I am also very active CrossFitting and running and boxing, but I cannot prepare enough to get proper protein so this has doubled my protein intake and my increased performance and yes, fat loss, are byproducts Finally, the ingredients are quite healthful and whole foods based which I like and is a necessity if I am hopping on some supplement bandwagon. It isn't that Isagenix is some miracle thing. But don't discredit that it maybe, just maybe, can help people who have specific needs and goals in mind. I despise fads and starvation diets and I don't own a scale. Had to weigh myself at a friend's house out of sheer curiosity. I go by how I feel, how I perform with my training, and how my clothes fit. All that to say, *something* good is happening. Sorry for calling people out but in my opinion if you are going to discourage people do it with a solid knowledge of what you are talking about. We all come from different needs and opinions but we are all trying to accomplish something good.

P.S. sorry for rambling but hard to type on little bitty phone screen :)
  • TangieTP
    Options
    And I am not into the "body detox" hype. But I do like the ingredients as far as these things go and some do have healing properties in themselves. That's not Isagenix magic, that's just whole foods ingredients that we don't always make the time to eat otherwise. So I am not going to preach about cleanses because it's not really my thing but this paired with clean eating really works for me. I make no apologies for being willing to try something (safe) to "see". If this works for me and gets me closer to my goals, then I can look beyond obnoxious MLM marketing hype because the actual product is good. Anyways just my two cents. I respect where everyone is coming from but so far respectfully disagree.
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Isagenix = MLM

RUN LIKE HELL!!!
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    MLM? That explains the religious fervor.
  • TangieTP
    Options
    Yes VERY MLM. So much so it was tough to get through the pitches to learn about the product. I do like the product but avoid the overexcited marketers.
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    1. There's no such thing as a cleanse. This is merely the industry using your guilt of eating so much crap in your life, that you might buy some more crap to deal with it!! Right. reverse decades of dietary debauchery in a few days! You'll lose weight because you stop eating as much.

2. Isagenix. Complete bs. Why not Vemma? Why not Visalus? Why not BeachBody? Why not Nu skin? They all claim to be the best....Who's lying? But beware of "haters" like me. You might not qualify for the cash payout or BMW!!!

3. All of these products play off of peoples ignorance of Causation vs. Correlation. If a product is present, it's correlated, but not necessarily the cause. If you lost weight or felt better it's because you ate differently.

4. Nothing "jump starts" the metabolism.

5. See 1 and 2.

6. See 3.