How long did it take for someone to notice weight loss?

Options

Replies

• Debby0904
    Debby0904 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    50 pounds from people in the office. Probably because I traded in my fat clothes for my skinny clothes. I was like DUH, where have you been. lol
  • Kellbellftw
    Kellbellftw Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Everybody knows I'm counting cals, working out, and trying to lose, but I think everybody thinks it's fake or something :laugh: Yesterday, for my dinner break at work, a girl asked me "Do you want to go on break now? I mean, are you still on your "diet"?" and the way she said diet (she didn't use air quotes, I just used them to emphasize how sarcastic she came off lol) I instantly got a little offended (nothing to make a huge stink about) and I was like "Yeah, 26 lbs down I'd say I'm still on it!" So I don't think anybody sees a difference yet!
  • zeezeemum
    zeezeemum Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    some people in my office started to notice when I had lost approx 15 - 18 Lbs but most people in the office started to comment when I lost about 28 Lbs and a few went as far as to say they had noticed how much weight I had gained lately so I had done well to lose it. Funny no one mentioned to me when I was gaining the weight! Lol
  • Britterboo22
    Britterboo22 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    ive lost 13 and people noticed
    My mom says my booty is getting smaller
    and everyone else just notices that im thinnner.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I started getting comments at 50 pounds, I think alot of that could of been before I was having so much knee pain my DH would push me around in a wheelchair. Once I started losing and exercise I can walk now. They noticed that first. Now that I am down 82 pounds people are notice. I still have along way to go, but it is sure nice when people notice.
  • wlaura88
    wlaura88 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It took me about 15-20 pounds before people started noticing.
  • rlkilgo
    rlkilgo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    :wink: It's kind of funny but I started getting more compliments around 20 pounds off. I think it was because I bought some pants and a few tops that fit me better. I notice that when I wear a top that fits me tighter, I get compliments but when I wear a loose fitting top, not one compliment LOL :noway: For me personally, I needed the new clothes to help my self esteem. From a 20W pants to a 16W at this time. I only buy enough to get me through till my next "noticing you have had a family move out of the seat of those pants" compliment :laugh:
  • rlkilgo
    rlkilgo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    To Vickil57
    I started getting comments at 50 pounds, I think alot of that could of been before I was having so much knee pain my DH would push me around in a wheelchair. Once I started losing and exercise I can walk now. They noticed that first. Now that I am down 82 pounds people are notice. I still have along way to go, but it is sure nice when people notice.

Vicki, I am so happy for you!!! It's crazy how our weight affects our joints. My knee doctor is a wonderful person and he has the best "bedside" manner. He told me "to stay as light as possible" to help my knee pain. Now don't anyone reading this get mad at my doctor. I love the way he put it gently to me that my weight needed to be less for my knees sake. I was barely getting around and now I am walking and riding my new ladies schwinn bike at age 50. I feel so much better. God bless you on your journey.

FYI: I had a torn meniscus in my left knee operated on.
  • melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    this time around, one of my co-workers started commenting on my pants being baggy at around 11 lbs. My supervisor just commented this moring (14 lbs) "i know i was only gone a week on vacation but it looks like you've lost 50 lbs in that week!" ok, so he likes to exaggerate but said its a huge difference. :)
  • FrancineM62
    FrancineM62 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    About 10 pounds but I'm short so it is noticeable. I don't know about others, but I feel very awkward when people notice. One friend said "don't lose any more!" I am at 120 which is just right for my height. It's not like I'm deathly thin or anything. I think people are used to seeing you one way and when you lose weight they perceive you as thinner than you really are. If they didn't know you lost weight, you would look normal to them.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    My mom noticed 15lbs in and I'm pretty sure no one else really has that much, they may notice but it's not drastic enough that they would probably feel cpmfortable saying anything??? I don't know, don't really care! I'm doing this for myself and my young kids, and they could care less how big or small I am. I just want to make sure I'm around for them and that I'm setting the best possible example.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    People only started really noticing when I lost about 10-11kg (22-24lbs), which I just reached recently.

And I'm short (5'2.5") and wasn't incredibly overweight to begin with (though over a healthy BMI) so I would have thought people would have noticed sooner.
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I think I had lost around 30 pounds before people started to notice.
  • MsLittleRayOfSunShine
    Options
    Nerdybre, wow 33 lbs is a big loss and im sure some people might notice and may not be saying anything =) congrats =)
  • TammyS327
    TammyS327 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    30 pounds. People have just started asking me if I have done something different. Or "Have you lost weight"?
    My mother and my 1 of my daughters noticed after 5 pounds.

I think people notice but but are worried the loss may be from sickness or afraid they may be wrong. So they just dont say anything.
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    No one has said anything to met yet. However, I haven't lost that much (and don't really have that much to loose in the first place) Besides I can guarantee that no one at work will probablly say anything! I work at small office for two men. That's it. It took one of them TWO WEEKS to notice I wasn't wearing glasses and that's only after I asked him if he noticed anything different! Men!!!!

I've worked for my male boss for 13 years and we get along pretty well. He told me he never comments on any female worker's appearance in any way for fear of harrassment issues.

Oh He knows I am trying. He mentioned to me when I said I was trying to eat better that I was skinny enough already and didn't need to loose anything. That's because I learned how to dress and what to wear to hide my problem areas! I'm also doing this learn to eat better as I need to stop eating so much junk and clothes were starting to get to tight.
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    when I first started I was in the 170s and after I lost 20 lbs people seemed to notice. By the time I lost 30+ I was getting lots of compliments.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna say about 4-6 weeks. Then after about 6-8 weeks a few more ppl started noticing..... slow and steady sometimes wins the race :)
  • darkestdayz
    darkestdayz Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Just in the last week or so. My shirts for work(polo) are loose anyway but now they kind of swim on me. I just got a few that actually fit and then they noticed. Also, ran into an ex bf about 2 weeks ago that literally freaked. He liked me heavier and the first words he said were "What happened to your boobs?" LOLOL Them and my face are always the first places I lose~
  • Queenofthezoo
    Queenofthezoo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    About 25- 30 lbs before people commented. I kept hoping I was losing enough that people would notice, but as soon as the comments started, I no longer wanted people to notice.

Comments like, I noticed you've been losing weight, how much exactly have you lost?
    My response: about 25 lbs.
    Their response: Oh no, it has to be more than that. You were sooooo big before. Aren't you glad to finally not be soooo huge. It feels good to actually be taking care of your body, instead of eating crap and being lazy.
    Keep working at it, don't give up, if you keep losing you could end up with a good figure. You are doing so great, good job, but I hope you don't stop, you have a ways to go. Just try to not gain it all back.

The thing is I spent the last decade pregnant (6 kids, and 3 miscarriages), and after that I had major health problems with my kidneys that didn't resolve until this year. So telling me how huge and lazy I was before, is just really mean. And most the people saying these kind of things to me are bigger than I ever was. I think they actually think they are encouraging, but it really isn't.
    One person that hadn't seen me in awhile said, "Oh, you look like things are really going well for you, I hope it is true, and I am glad to see you doing great."
    That is the nicest way to comment, don't ask specific numbers, don't tell me how huge I was before, don't tell me how huge I still am. But I know I am preaching to the choir here.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!