How long did it take for someone to notice weight loss?

Options

Replies

• Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    About 25 lbs.

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ElisaGutierrez26
    Options
    I've lost 35 and people are barely noticing
  • bulacaflocka
    bulacaflocka Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Other than the few people I've told that I've been working out and losing weight, only one person finally mentioned it last weekend. I'm about 35 pounds down.
  • SteveStedge
    Options
    If my wife loses a 2 or 3 lbs I can tell. I think friends/others won't comment unless it's really dramatic to save the uncomfortable conversation that goes like this.."Wow you look like you lost weight" - You - "Um no I didn't"...awkward silence.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    30 pounds was when people really started noticing and commenting. I was still very very fat though, still over 200 pounds, so most comments were encouraging and supportive.

60 pounds was when people started getting jealous and visibly upset. And started questioning me and getting suspicious about what I was doing. Their faces would fall when I told them exercise and calorie deficit.

80 pounds was when people (and some on MFP!!) started saying 'Ok you can stop losing weight now' and 'How much more are you planning to lose?' and 'You will look too thin if you lose much more' and stuff like that.

I'm now 19.6 pounds to goal!!! At that point I will have lost 108 pounds!

I WILL make it!
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    30 pounds was when people really started noticing and commenting. I was still very very fat though, still over 200 pounds, so most comments were encouraging and supportive.

60 pounds was when people started getting jealous and visibly upset. And started questioning me and getting suspicious about what I was doing. Their faces would fall when I told them exercise and calorie deficit.

80 pounds was when people (and some on MFP!!) started saying 'Ok you can stop losing weight now' and 'How much more are you planning to lose?' and 'You will look too thin if you lose much more' and stuff like that.

I'm now 19.6 pounds to goal!!! At that point I will have lost 108 pounds!

I WILL make it!

Yes You Will!!!! You have already done an awesome job!!
  • chubaway
    chubaway Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    After a 10% loss for me.
  • jesssi1984
    jesssi1984 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My mom still acts like I'm so huge... She's constantly talking about how my sister is in a medium now (2 years ago she was XXL/XXXL) . But nothing about "wow, you look like you've lost 20lbs!" Which I have. It's just that, geez I hope you brag about me to someone!!!! I set a goal for my 30th birthday (oct 2014) and I want to be 100lbs lighter! Quite a few of my friends know I eat EVERYTHING and work out, and it's not a "diet" so no one has asked me how my diet is going, everyone knows it's my life. But they see my updates on weight and some have seen the comparison pics (the ones I have on here).
  • drawingfitness
    Options
    When I lost 20lbs that's when my family noticed.
  • Key0970
    Key0970 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    so far I have lost 65lbs and people are only just starting to comment that they can tell I have lost SOME weight, I think it depends on how overweight you are in the first place, a 65lb weight loss might have been a lot more obvious on someone who doesn't need to lose over 140lbs! LOL ;)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    The gym I've been going to for over a year now, people have been noticing and making comments about it. I joined this gym well into my weight loss. I already had lost about 150ish. So it's been about 50 or so.
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    20 pounds or so
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    During a family reunion recently, literally everyone said how good I looked. Some people took me aside and asked if I lost weight. That was around my 50 lb loss mark.
  • DAMETRE
    DAMETRE Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    For me everyone started to notice when I hit aroud 20lbs. It does feel good for people to notice and give you compliments.:bigsmile:
  • blbasham
    blbasham Posts: 11
    Options
    My husband's grandpa told me the other day that the weight was falling off of me. LOL I am 15lbs down. But I need to lose at least 100 so i understand if no one else has noticed..i think he was just trying to be encouraging. :)
  • josyk7
    josyk7 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    People that see me everyday say theres something different about me but they can't pinpoint it! Others that I see occasionally it took about 3 months!!
  • andreamontes30
    andreamontes30 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    People start noticing around 10 pounds for me....but I'm only 4'10" so a little weight sure looks like a lot when there isn't room to spread it over.
  • Hemis_mom
    Hemis_mom Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    It was about 25 pounds down for me before people started making lots of comments. I think my clothes started to look like potato sacks which made it more obvious that yes I had lost some weight! I also think it is harder for people you see every day to notice than people you haven't seen for awhile. I have been away from my college peers for three months, we got together a few weeks ago and someone asked me if I had misplaced half of myself! That was a nice comment!
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    It was about 15 for me. I think everyone's right, nobody wants to offend someone by commenting too early or if they're not sure you're actually loosing. I haven't had any comments since about 30 pounds lost, so I'm thinking it looks less dramatic now.
  • pandabear7486
    pandabear7486 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    it-takes-4-weeks-for-you-to-notice-your-weight-loss-tile_thumb2.jpg?w=237&h=300
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!