What's your most annoying habit?

Options
2»

Replies

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    I'm really sarcastic but unlike most sarcastic people, I don't have a sarcastic tone or a sarcastic face. A lot of people can't actually tell that I'm being sarcastic.
    Me too. Even my best friend is unsure at times.

And I hate making decisions, especially if I'm rushed.

in my mind, i read that extremely sarcastically.
  • BobMcCloskey
    BobMcCloskey Posts: 117
    Options
    According to my mother-in-law, and my wife, my need to scan food labels using the MFP Android app on my phone, of stuff being served to me so that I get the correct content right from the label. They both think I should wait and do it later. My thought is to do it as the food is being taken out of the package for prep. What am I supposed to do? Rummage through the fridge and freezer, and worse yet, the garbage after I'm done eating it? I prefer to know before hand so I can manage portions!
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I'm really sarcastic but unlike most sarcastic people, I don't have a sarcastic tone or a sarcastic face. A lot of people can't actually tell that I'm being sarcastic.
    Me too. Even my best friend is unsure at times.

And I hate making decisions, especially if I'm rushed.

in my mind, i read that extremely sarcastically.

You shouldn't have. Was that sarcasm? The world may never know.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    Stealing cars
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I tend to leave glasses of whatever I was drinking all over the place. Been working on it but that's since I was a kid and an uncle pointed it out. Back then it was the glass when I'd finished a glass of water (trying to be healthy). Now it's wine glasses (still trying to be healthy). <==== Oh yeah, and sarcasm with a straight face. Or what some call "dry humor".

ETA: Also, since I started MFP...."ETA's"
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I will straight up fix my makeup at the table at restaurants. I know you're supposed to go to the restroom to "powder your nose" but if I think I'm shiny I have to do it immediately or I feel self conscious.
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I constantly interrupt when people are talking, even when I try not to :frown:

Oooohhhhhhhh my goodness, me, too. I hate it. I always catch myself doing it and then apologizing for it becomes more interrupting than if I had just said, "sorry for interrupting, go on." Sometimes I'll even keep talking :/ But usually, that's with people who won't let me get a word in unless I force it. BUT sometimes I just get so excited about what I have to say that I feel like I can't hold it in
  • heytherelameman
    heytherelameman Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    At home I always go "Well, I'll just put this HERE." Then I forget where that is. Drives my husband NUTS.

I also chew at the skin by my fingernails. I used to bite my nails, then it slowly graduated to the skin around them. Gross, but sue me. If I think any bit of skin is flapping in the breeze it must be eliminated right away. LOL.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    You know how girls that have medium to long length hair have their hair down then when they want to pull their hair up but don't, that's what I do. I prefer to leave my hair down and sometimes I like to make sure all my hair gets tucked behind my ears.

I'm a strange lady, LOL.
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I have a dirty mouth :devil:
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I apologize all the time so much complete strangers have stopped me and said stuff about it. I've been trying to be more relaxed on it.

Also

I interrupt people but I swear I think they're done talking but instead they're just breathing or pausing or something I dunno what the deal is!!

I think I'm just used to chatting on the internet and you can type and they can type at the same time so you never really interrupt someone.
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    control freak here :frown:
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    procrastination

cracking my knuckles (I know it drives people crazy, but I can't stop doing it.)

I include WAY too many details when telling a story, or I go off on rabbit trails.
    Usually my friends are like, "Get to the point already!". ooops.

I used to be really bad at apologizing all the time. But now, not so much.
    I kind of got a backbone when I had my daughter, 7 years ago.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I chew on my lip/inside of my mouth.
    I get distracted easily.
    I use more curse words than any lady ever should. ;)
  • m0jk
    m0jk Posts: 133
    Options
    im late for everything :S
  • margelizard
    margelizard Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I often start conversations with people in my mind and then start talking to them halfway through. So a lot of the time people have no idea what I'm talking about.

I tend to lose my train of thought very often and when someone asks me to continue, I can't even recall what I was talking about.

I am a thoroughbred nail-biter! Ugh, I know how gross it is, but it's stuck in the habit part of my mind!