83.7 kilos/184 pounds lost

Options
kazsjourney
kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
I wanted to share my weight loss pics. (Some may have seem them before under a slightly different username but this is my username now.

I started at 173.1 kilos (380 pounds) in August 2006. I initially joined weight watchers and eventually started counting calories and then eventually discoverred MFP (best counting calorie app around by far!) I have PCOS (altho not insulin resistant) and it really has been a struggle...I think I have more struggles then success at times, but step by step I managed to get the losses strung together to where I have now lost 83.7 kilos/184 pounds. I still want to lose another 20-40 pounds. I have tried nearly everything to get past this point...and while I may have moments where I want to "settle" at this weight I dont feel that I can yet.

For those wondering most of my weightloss I did via eating 1800 calories a day, calorie cycling (yes I know lots dont believe in it but it really seemed to work well for my body) and I limited processed foods (I do eat some but try and limit it). I also did a lot of cardio with one to two resistance session per weeks, a lot of my exercise was Les Mills classes. I had a DEXA scan done about a year ago and I am about 27-28% body fat and as he stated "you have one of the highest amounts of muscle mass I have seen on a female"

Thruout this journey I have dealt with PCOS, discovering my ankle bone (cannot remember the name) is too long and hits one of my other bones causing pain, had plantar fastisis, a broken wrist, discoverred i had low iron, went thru the passing of my mum and also one of my good friends. Life happens and so do injuries....we can always work around them and no matter what just don't give up cos this is do-able. Trust me I have days where I want to give up (which is why the slightly different usernames....I spat it about 10 days ago and was ready to give up...that lasted a day or so and I am now back and more determined then ever!) Ive included some pics, I am also more then happy to take any friend requests :)

Before - 173.1 kilos/380 pounds

1704image2.png
1704image1.gif

Current - 89.4 kilos/197 pounds

604013_10151685337861062_18790032_n_zps643fba6a.jpg
207184_10151655367931062_605537905_n_zps7d0f3b77.jpg

kaz :)

Replies

• Lunarbeanie
    Lunarbeanie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    wow, that is beyond incredible. way to go!
  • xoaimeexo
    xoaimeexo Posts: 5
    Options
    That is amazing Kaz. You should be incredibly proud of yourself.

In total I want to lose about 70 kgs so your pics really motivated me more.

Can I ask? No need to answer if its too personal.

How have you found your skin afterwards? I started out at 150kgs and I am worried that when I get down, my skin is going to look bad :(
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    You are amazing-- congratulations on your loss!
  • moondawg14
    moondawg14 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    It appears you lost 20 years as well! You look FANTASTIC!
  • cathmaow
    cathmaow Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    amazing transformation! Healthy Lifestyle! Keep at it!
  • nc805397
    nc805397 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    aww great work girl!!!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing amount of weight to lose. You are incredible. I wish you every success in your next goals.
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    That is amazing Kaz. You should be incredibly proud of yourself.

In total I want to lose about 70 kgs so your pics really motivated me more.

Can I ask? No need to answer if its too personal.

How have you found your skin afterwards? I started out at 150kgs and I am worried that when I get down, my skin is going to look bad :(

I have excess skin on my tummy and thighs and a little on my arms. I am not going to have any surgically removed. I dont find it much of a issue. When bigger....i had such little choices in clothes...I still cannot wear all (like shorts for example) but thats okay I still have a much bigger range of clothes I can wear. The skin is aesthetic...I am so fit and healthy now....while the skin annoys me at times...its really not the end of the world :)
  • erica6732
    erica6732 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    you look great girlie!!!
  • charlena48
    charlena48 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are truly an inspiration.
  • JRSchumaker
    JRSchumaker Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You are AMAZING!!!
  • Bluebabi
    Bluebabi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My Gosh! I am at where you were in the beginning, this has been SO motivational. Congratulations on your success!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    WOWZA!!!! I love how you said you've had more setbacks than successes. Sometimes I feel like that and it gets discouraging. Good for you for not settling and not giving up. What determination you have! I also like to refer to it as stubbornness :wink: Keep up the great work and keep us updated on your progress :flowerforyou:
  • Judyann6
    Judyann6 Posts: 22
    Options
    You looked so sad in the first pictures my heart went out to you. Now you look like a different person and happy. Keep it up the good work. :flowerforyou:
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    You must be so proud of yourself and rightfully so. Fantastic job, lady!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Absolutely FANTASTIC!! Wonderful persistence. I bet you will indeed get to your goal - just look how far you've come!
  • megs12e
    megs12e Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow! This is awesome and very inspiring!!! Way to go!
  • KBGAgent
    KBGAgent Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    WHOA! You did some hard consistent work. Way to stick to it!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look so different! Thank you so much for posting and inspiring me, there are days that I think this will never work, and knowing that it does is so helpful
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's AWESOME! Congrats.:drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!