Greek yogurt

Options
I love Greek yogurt, it's like my ice cream in meal form. I usually just eat it with flax seed and or peanut butter. What are some other tasty, healthy, fairly low Cal ( like 200-400)?

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I like Fage Total 2% plain (170 cal) with a packet of Raspberry Emergen-C (25 cals) mixed in it. Sounds strange but it's really quite good! Under 200 calories right there :)
  • spaghetti93
    spaghetti93 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    cocoa powder and mixed fresh berries. under 200 calories.
  • kaylorraine44
    kaylorraine44 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Love greek yogurt with pumpkin seeds, strawberries, raspberries and Holy Crap Cereal (a mixture of hemp hearts, chia seeds, buckwheat, craisins, raisins, and dried apple). So good!
  • stef_monster
    stef_monster Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Kroger brand LIGHT Greek yogurt is only 90 calories and comes in a very limited selection of flavors, all of which have that weird artificial sweetener aftertaste. However, I like to put the vanilla kind in my protein shake with almond milk. Makes it creamier without *too* many extra calories.
  • Ketolife
    Ketolife Posts: 4
    Options
    Two tablespoons of whatever flavor sugar free syrup is absolutely amazing. I use the sugar free coconut. It is soooo good.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Just this morning I mixed plain Greek yogurt into my oatmeal, along with a serving of Tollhouse white chocolate chip macadamia nut raw cookie dough. It was friggin amazing. About 450 cals, and kept me full til 1:30pm. (Had breakfast at 8)
  • rundevil0525
    Options
    Just this morning I mixed plain Greek yogurt into my oatmeal, along with a serving of Tollhouse white chocolate chip macadamia nut raw cookie dough. It was friggin amazing. About 450 cals, and kept me full til 1:30pm. (Had breakfast at 8)

I do this every morning, minus the cookie dough, sounds like I may have to try it!
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I flavor my plain greek yogurt by mixing in one (not all!) of the following:

1.) Sugar free jello powder

2.) Canned pumpkin, cinnamon, vanilla, and a sweetener (agave/splenda/sugar/sugar-free torani syrup)

3.) Stir in torani sugar-free brown sugar cinnamon syrup (or another sweetener plus cinnamon), top with blueberries and sliced peaches, top with fiber one twigs

4.) Blended with strawberries, basil, and ice to make a smoothie

5.) Mixed with feta, garlic, parsley, and lemon juice as a dip/sandwich spread
  • Jlan11
    Jlan11 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is my new favorite! I eat 1/2 cup low fat plain Greek yogurt with 1 tablespoon sugar free fat free pudding mix. I have tried the chocolate, lemon, white chocolate, and cheesecake. They are all very good! I love the texture also, it has a whipped or mousse like texture. It is so good and I love how much protein is in a serving!
  • melwharris91
    melwharris91 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    It's my morning go to. Lately I have a good sized dollop on top of berries with chopped pecans. Yummy:smile:
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I love these ideas! Going to try some, especially that pumpkin/cinnamon/vanilla one!

I will mix in a scoop of protein powder and some fresh or frozen berries or bananas. This works best with vanilla protein powder. Gives a wallop of a punch for protein needs!
  • ampstin
    ampstin Posts: 3
    Options
    Love to add in PB2 to it.. Turns into a peanut butter mousse!
  • RelativeChaos00
    RelativeChaos00 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The Athena brand Strawberry and Honey flavor is AMAZING. I put bananas in it too. I need to try the plain stuff with my own fruit/honey and see if it's as good!
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    32oz 0% Greek yogurt (fage) ,3-4 Splenda, 1tbsp unsweetened coco powder
    It taste like fat free chocolate ice cream
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    32oz 0% Greek yogurt (fage) ,3-4 Splenda, 1tbsp unsweetened coco powder
    It taste like fat free chocolate ice cream

I did 170 grams of Lucerne 0% greek yogurt (plain), with stevia, 1 tbsp baking cocoa and 75 grams of frozen cherries. It's my favorite combo for smoothies too.
  • MariaHammer750
    MariaHammer750 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I put it on top of strawberries or pineapple and its like a dessert to me that way.
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Oo...cherries...did not tink of those. Did a strawberry purée I mixed with it other day was good but cherries are a bit more flavorful
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I'll have to try strawberries now. I've done black berries, but they're very seedy.
  • TMcChamp
    TMcChamp Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and blue berries mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • JanAlyssa825
    JanAlyssa825 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I stir in a tablespoon of strawberry jam. My husband blends his with milk, cocoa powder, and a little sugar to drink after a workout. Tonight, I whisked together nonfat half and half, greek yogurt, a dash of vanilla, and some strawberry jam, then put it through my ice cream maker to make frozen, non-fat strawberry Greek yogurt. Yum!