Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred commencing monday.

Options

Replies

• car1401
    car1401 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello everyone, I have just received 30DS this morning! So as soon as I finish work this afternoon I'm starting it! :-) Not sure I will do everyday as I would like to alternate with some yoga too! Please feel free to add me for support, I sure need it! haha!
  • suppakana
    suppakana Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I don't have much control over many things in my life at the moment, no money, no job, TIRED ALL THE TIME!

BUT I do have control over my diet and excercise and I can work to make positive changes and feel better about myself and not be embarrassed.

Good work! I like that mind set.

Day 3.. DONE

I'm still a little sore from the previous two days, but working through it definitely makes it more bearable. TIME TO GO MAKE SOME TORTILLA PIZZAAAAA!! Woot!
  • Fragilebird24
    Fragilebird24 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I've had 30DS for a few years now. I have tried to get through it at least twice before but I got bored and lazy. I tried it on Sunday after not working out for a few months and Jillian kicked my butt! I took WAY too many breaks and I was sore for two days afterward! However, if my muscles are sore, that means it's working! I'm going to let my food digest (I just ate breakfast) and then I'm going to give it another try! Hopefully I can stick to it this time.
  • tammyoros
    tammyoros Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have started the 30 day shred and got to 7 day when my knee packed up, this is my 3rd day of rest and back on it tomorrow as it is much better, i am finding it haaaarrrddd but combined with strict diet I have lost in 10 days 8.6 pounds which i am very happy about only have about a 10000 more to loose though :-D
  • sradams1
    sradams1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Going to do D5L1 today with my 8 year old daughter. She really keeps me motivated. Its pretty funny!
  • ssnagwekar
    ssnagwekar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I start my 30 day shred tonight! Wish me luck :) I am 5'9" and need to go from 175 lbs to 155 lbs :)
  • Arwaxx
    Arwaxx Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    first day of level 2 done! and it was HARD.. LOL I miss level 1 :(
  • ChristyMomx3
    ChristyMomx3 Posts: 176
    Options
    My first day was today!
  • reach4thestar
    reach4thestar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day 3 yesterday....today wud be day 4....bumping for all the support......
  • el2122
    el2122 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I don't have much control over many things in my life at the moment, no money, no job, TIRED ALL THE TIME!

BUT I do have control over my diet and excercise and I can work to make positive changes and feel better about myself and not be embarrassed.

Good work! I like that mind set.

Day 3.. DONE

thanks...ok going to start day 8 in half an hour...still tired! :O

I'm still a little sore from the previous two days, but working through it definitely makes it more bearable. TIME TO GO MAKE SOME TORTILLA PIZZAAAAA!! Woot!
  • el2122
    Options
    Level 2 day 3 yesterday....today wud be day 4....bumping for all the support......

Well done, i hate L2...only did it the once though, not looking forward to starting it bt getting tired of L1 at the same time so hope that will motivate me.
  • el2122
    Options
    I start my 30 day shred tonight! Wish me luck :) I am 5'9" and need to go from 175 lbs to 155 lbs :)

Good luck! let us know how u got on!
  • reach4thestar
    Options
    Hiya,

I joined here yesterday, but I'm already on day 25 of 30 Day Shred today..

Although I've only lost 3 lbs in three weeks, I've lost 2" off my waist, 2 off my hips and 2 off my thighs..

I'm going to do round two on Monday 1st July (",

Wow that's amazing ..... How did you find level 2 and 3 ?
  • louisegnorth
    Options
    Just ordered the DVD.... Shred will commence when it arrives. Yikes!
  • reach4thestar
    Options
    When I first started level 1, I was using 1kg weights and I actually thought it was hard :-/ lol..

Level 2 was by far the hardest in my opinion.. I upped my weights to 1.5kg and I was wrecked by the end every time..

Level 3 is my favourite.. It still puts you through your paces, but not as hard as level 2.. I can breath after level 2 haa!..

If you just stick it out, you'll notice a massive increase in your endurance and strength.. Most effective level has to be level 2 though definitely..

When I start round two on Monday 1st July, I'm going to up my weights to 2kg :)

Thanks for the response :) I am definitely finding level 2 harder...but each day I am noticing my endurance is improving....feels great....:)
  • el2122
    Options
    Day 7 done...Woo

I only took pics after day three, but I can definetly see an improvement already :):D
  • carolinetayloruk
    carolinetayloruk Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Day four today and it was hard! I've an old knee injury though which is playing up so i'm replacing some of the cardio that's harder on my knee with the punches bit. Not perfect but I figure its better then doing nothing
  • jesslynne90
    jesslynne90 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've started 30DS too, I did it a few years ago and really noticed a difference in my measurements.. it was great! I've been trying all sorts of other exercises lately and a couple of days ago, the penny dropped - why haven't I gone back to Jillian!?
    However this time, I'm incorporating it with running, which I've really got into lately. I'm thinking less about the scales and more about the measurements and fitness, so I think the two exercises will complement each other nicely. Well, I hope they will anyway. Good luck everyone! :)
  • suppakana
    suppakana Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Day 4... DONE

Although I finished it about TWELVE hours ago! Today's been jam packed! Went out to ride roller coasters with some friends (one of which is a cute guy! Maybe I'll figure out how to snag him...) all day, then donated blood. Whew! I should be good by tomorrow evening to tackle day 5 though :) So excited. I feel a lot better about a lot of the exercises, and most of my initial soreness is long gone. I might move on to level 2 soon.

KPP
  • el2122
    Options
    My weights are 2.5 kg... Is that too heavy so? :O