30 Day Shred - Anyone want to join me ?

Options

Replies

• Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Strong and Beautiful Shredders,
    What's up!! Shredded at 5am this morning before work and did a 35 min power walk and burned over 335 cals - I played a game and did jumping jacks at certain points during my walk and it was great!! I just got in and i'm totally soaked. I feel stronger. Sometimes getting a goodwork out on is such a high!! I've really been doing some research on higher intensty interval training to burn fat and increase endurance - I think they are right about not necessarily having to work out for long periods of time to get results - just work out harder in bursts. I am supposed to be making dinner but I am not hungry.... what's up with that?? Me ... not hungry :noway:

Yes, Christine, I'm checking that book out too - i find that it's not something I can just sit down and read straight thru. I have to put it down and pick it back up. One good thing it did for me was it encouraged me to get a complete work up on my blood at my physical last June and get my hormone levels checked. I'm normal - which is good but I was wondering if my sluggish metabolism was due to hormoes out of whack or something. I discovered it was just eating too much of the wrong thing too often.. Go figure :smile:
    I'm so proud of everyone and am glad we're in this together. I look forward to getting to know all of you better during this journey.

Have a great nite,
    Janet
  • jesse14472
    jesse14472 Posts: 161
    Options
    L1D2 done and feel pretty good. Those jumping jacks are killing my shins after the 50 min brisk walk last night.....also, too much jiggling! LOL! Have a great day everyone!
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Happy Friday Shredders,
    L1D5 done!!!! can't believe it's been 5 days already Wow!!

Make it a great day,
    Janet
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Shredders,
    L1D5 done!!!! can't believe it's been 5 days already Wow!!

Make it a great day,
    Janet

I have been reading the Jillian Book I feel like i have to go back through and reread because if you stop then you have to kind of go back. I majored in personal training at my college in a 2 year degree so some of this stuff we learned but not a lot. Good luck.
  • eastcoaster
    Options
    Just finished day 1 of Level 2! A lot more intense than Level 1! It will get easier, just as level 1 did!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Completed day 6 of level 1. Can't seem to keep good form with side lunges and arm raises. So I have dropped the weights and doing in with none. Still can't seem to keep form. Will have to work on that. Burned 252 cals today, wasn't as good as usual since I had 3 interuptions during work out. Need to start throwing in treadmill or walk with the shred. Have done 6 days in row, eating not so bad - and have gained a pound this week. So hopefully it is just water, and hopefully soon I see some inches fall off. Probably won't stick to the eating this weekend, but will stick to doing the shred. I feel great, I can really feel a difference in my arms and legs.
  • vicidoesstuff
    vicidoesstuff Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Day 16 done. Over half way through, now. I know I can finish this one again. I finally have an event to aim for, too, so I'm working extra hard to get the pounds down, despite making a chocolate flavoured chocolate chip cake with chocolate icing on and inside, yesterday, with my boyfriend. He requested it. And he's had about four slices already. I've only had one and a half. Phew.
  • ChristineLeary
    Options
    Ranae, how are you calculating the calorie burn from shredding?

Day 7/Leve 1 completed: I have to stop letting things get in the way of this! I've had a day away from it between 4-5 and 5-6 and 6-7! NO MORE! The days I did it everyday were so much easier....okay just a tad easier....but I can't let that happen again!

I'll be walking later this am too. Gotta hear what's happening next to Jane Eyre!

Have a great weekend all!
  • jesse14472
    jesse14472 Posts: 161
    Options
    L1D3 is done and it actually seemed a little better. I managed to do all of the push ups in the first rep (girl style)...much to my surprise! My 8 year old joined me today and complained that the crunches hurt her stomach, while I did them all! BOY! Did that feel good! LOL Forgot to take before pix, so may do this tomorrow. That way I have something to compare to.

I would also like to know how people are calculating their shred. Right now I am just entering 20 min vigorous calesthenics, which is 246 burned for me. It sure feels like I am burning way more than that. How are you entering in the shred?
  • renaegry
    Options
    Ranae, how are you calculating the calorie burn from shredding?

Day 7/Leve 1 completed: I have to stop letting things get in the way of this! I've had a day away from it between 4-5 and 5-6 and 6-7! NO MORE! The days I did it everyday were so much easier....okay just a tad easier....but I can't let that happen again!

I'll be walking later this am too. Gotta hear what's happening next to Jane Eyre!

Have a great weekend all!

I have an HRM watch - the one without a chest strap
  • renaegry
    Options
    L1D3 is done and it actually seemed a little better. I managed to do all of the push ups in the first rep (girl style)...much to my surprise! My 8 year old joined me today and complained that the crunches hurt her stomach, while I did them all! BOY! Did that feel good! LOL Forgot to take before pix, so may do this tomorrow. That way I have something to compare to.

I would also like to know how people are calculating their shred. Right now I am just entering 20 min vigorous calesthenics, which is 246 burned for me. It sure feels like I am burning way more than that. How are you entering in the shred?

I just created my own excersise called Jillian's 30 day shred level 1 - and I have an HRM watch to calculate cals.
  • renaegry
    Options
    About to go do day 7 in a bit - I think this is the first time I have workout out 7 days straight.
  • eastcoaster
    Options
    I'm about to do Day 2 of Level 2. Anyone else's knees bothering them? Makes me a little nervous, but I don't want to stop!
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Happy Saturday Shredders!!
    Just finished L1D6 and I really feel stronger - I was able to focus on form and breathing today - even those crazy lunges w/ arm raises were more bearable ( but still a push - especially those last 5, WOW) I was trying not to weigh but i got on the dreaded scale and have lost nothing :grumble: possibly due to the veggie delight and baked lays i scarfed down last night after 8pm + the atkins bar - oh, chocolate one day I will master you!!

I saw some posts about how to log shred cals burned - get this when I started this last Monday I burned 253 cals today I burned 196 - same weight and I think i was actually performing the exercises more efficiently, go figure. After tripping about this for a while, i broke down and bought a watch w/ a HRM... then finally got a HRM w/ chest strap - which I now use regularly when I work out. It keeps me in "zone" and gives a more accurate reading of the effort I'm expending (cals). and I've been adjusting my diet accordingly.
    Diet is another topic all together :laugh: I tried no carbs for a week and a half, lost 7 lbs which was great but then added carbs again b/c I honestly don't think I can live on carb restriction like that long term. Now I am trying to keep my carbs and sugar below what MFP suggests - carbs I can manage pretty well. Sugar I seem to go over by like 20 grams or so... not sure what I need to do to tweek that. I am going to continue to try to read Jillian's book Master Metabolism - and I do have to start again - it's just a lot of information to absorb to see what insite she can give. This journey to health is more than just working out - what I'm eating plays a huge (pardon the funny) part in the results.
    Slept late .today. 8am, had a breakfast shake and worked out for 70 min : Shred 1st, then TJ Fat Blaster (30 min of cardio intervals) and TJ AB Jam another 20min - It was great to take that me time - doesn't seem like 77 minutes is a big deal but it's hard to get it in during the week.
    Sorry for the giant post ; I hope everyone makes the most of their weekend,
    Janet:heart:
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Happy Saturday Shredders!!
    Just finished L1D6 and I really feel stronger - I was able to focus on form and breathing today - even those crazy lunges w/ arm raises were more bearable ( but still a push - especially those last 5, WOW) I was trying not to weigh but i got on the dreaded scale and have lost nothing :grumble: possibly due to the veggie delight and baked lays i scarfed down last night after 8pm + the atkins bar - oh, chocolate one day I will master you!!

I saw some posts about how to log shred cals burned - get this when I started this last Monday I burned 253 cals today I burned 196 - same weight and I think i was actually performing the exercises more efficiently, go figure. After tripping about this for a while, i broke down and bought a watch w/ a HRM... then finally got a HRM w/ chest strap - which I now use regularly when I work out. It keeps me in "zone" and gives a more accurate reading of the effort I'm expending (cals). and I've been adjusting my diet accordingly.
    Diet is another topic all together :laugh: I tried no carbs for a week and a half, lost 7 lbs which was great but then added carbs again b/c I honestly don't think I can live on carb restriction like that long term. Now I am trying to keep my carbs and sugar below what MFP suggests - carbs I can manage pretty well. Sugar I seem to go over by like 20 grams or so... not sure what I need to do to tweek that. I am going to continue to try to read Jillian's book Master Metabolism - and I do have to start again - it's just a lot of information to absorb to see what insite she can give. This journey to health is more than just working out - what I'm eating plays a huge (pardon the funny) part in the results.
    Slept late .today. 8am, had a breakfast shake and worked out for 70 min : Shred 1st, then TJ Fat Blaster (30 min of cardio intervals) and TJ AB Jam another 20min - It was great to take that me time - doesn't seem like 77 minutes is a big deal but it's hard to get it in during the week.
    Sorry for the giant post ; I hope everyone makes the most of their weekend,
    Janet:heart:
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Double post ooops - how'd that happen??

apologies
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    i just started this. Did Level 1, day 1 this morning
  • bravestwarrior
    Options
    I don't know about this. I am new and also new to trying to lose weight in a long time. Can u tell me about it? Also is it doable for someone who needs double knee replacements?

Thanks
    Tina
  • BeccyBerry
    BeccyBerry Posts: 312
    Options
    Day 2 down. made it 20 minutes again, but boy am I sore!!!! I really didn't want to do it because my legs hurt so bad, but I couldn't find a good enough excuse! lol anyways, will be back at it tomorrow.

Day 2 was by far my worst day on level one, I was so sore! Well done for sticking with it!!

OK Day 7 completed for me and I've weighed / measured up

Right my starting Stats were:-

Weight 149lbs
    Bust - 40''
    Under Bust - 34''
    Waist - 37''
    Hips - 37''
    L thigh - 22''
    R thigh - 22''

and now

Weight 147lbs
    Bust - 40''
    Under Bust - 34''
    Waist - 36''
    Hips - 36''
    L thigh - 22''
    R thigh - 22''

So I have lost 2lbs and 2 inches wooop woop :smile:

Keep going everyone :flowerforyou:

Oh and I'm going to do level 2 today..... wish me luck lol xx

Weigh / check in day for me today

Day 13 of the shred (should be day 14 but I had a day off in the week!!)

Weight - 145lbs
    Bust - 39''
    Under Bust - 34''
    Waist - 35''
    Hips - 36''
    L thigh - 21.5''
    R thigh - 22''

So 2 weeks in I have lost 4lbs and 4.5 inches not a massive amount but im pleased :smile:
  • BeccyBerry
    BeccyBerry Posts: 312
    Options
    I don't know about this. I am new and also new to trying to lose weight in a long time. Can u tell me about it? Also is it doable for someone who needs double knee replacements?

Thanks
    Tina

THe shred is fab, you warm up do 3 minutes of strength (lunges etc with weights, push ups) 2 minutes of cardio (jumping jacks, butt kicks) and 1 minutes of abs.

Its is good but it is hard especially on the knees so I dont know if it would be any good for you.

What about some pilates, thats quite good for strength and toning.... I love it and it works you in a different way but you wouldnt have the same sort of pressure on your joints that you get with the shred.