How long did it take you to lose your first 10 lbs?

Options
Cat_Lifts
Cat_Lifts Posts: 174 Member
Curious to hear of everyone's successes and rate at which you lost your initial 10lbs (or more!) as I feel like my weight loss is fairly slow... I average about 2400 burned calories a day, with no exercise included - just a normal day at work. I've been eating approximately 1600-1700 calories a day (hoping for 1.5ish loss a week) and haven't really seen great changes. My exercise is weight training 2-3 days a week and 3-4 days of the week walking/jogging intervals for a minimum of 2 miles.

For those who had a slower/stubborn start, did you change anything more to your initial changes to kick it into higher gear? Or did you stay with your new changes long enough to see the weight start dropping?

Replies

• hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I started at 280 and lost 10 pounds in about a month and a half I think? By 3 months I lost 22 pounds but now its slowing waaaaay down ~_~ Currently at 258 :D
  • SJLS2013
    SJLS2013 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    4 months so far and not there yet! MFP is set to 0.5lbs a week for me so I'm hoping soon i'll reach 10lbs lost
  • Labouffecestbon
    Labouffecestbon Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    It took me 3 months to lose the first 15 lbs.
    Those are also pounds that I had put on fairly quickly (in 5 months).
  • mrsriisky
    mrsriisky Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    About a year, but I didn't have much to lose and did it through slow changes - 142lbs to 132lbs. I wasn't trying hard, though, so take my numbers with a grain of salt.
  • Poprocket_2012
    Options
    i lost my first 10lbs very quickly, it was 7lbs the first week and 5lbs the next
  • lynnerack
    lynnerack Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I've lost 15lbs since March 2013 following the 5:2 diet, which is the easiest and most effective diet plan I've ever used (I'm 63 and I've tried all sorts over the years).
  • NaomiMc_Ra
    NaomiMc_Ra Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It's taken me 6 weeks to lose 11lbs/. That was execersing 4 times a week (mostly walking and high intentisty interval training). Burning an average of 2000 calroies a week and eating an average of 1400 calories a day. Have just had to re-jig my calorie goal becaus eif my weight differnce.

I thought it would be a lot harder for me to lose that much (I'm not overweight) but logging all my exercise and food intake has been the key and it hasn't felt hard at all! Roughly another 8lbs to go but I think that will take abit longer now i'm a little smaller.
  • AnnttMmd
    AnnttMmd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mine is going fairly quick also, but I think the bigger you start out, the more you lose in the beginning. I am taking in 1270 calories a day to lose 2 pounds a week, and have lost almost 7 pounds in a week and a half. :flowerforyou:
  • haidos
    haidos Posts: 69
    Options
    I lost 11lb in my first week! but i started at 250 so had a lot to lose most of it was probably water weight anyway.
  • bunny92441
    bunny92441 Posts: 42
    Options
    It's been 4 weeks for me and have lost 9 lbs so far. Not very consistant with exercising. I really need to get better at it. Happy the weight is coming off though.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    2 weeks... 8lbs the first, 2 the next... it came off very quickly at first, boy did it slow!
  • rhia575
    rhia575 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    That's been 8 days now and down to 155lbs so 7lbs gone hoping to hit 10lbs gone in a few days
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    11 pounds the first month
  • alecialudwickjones
    Options
    27 days. Trying to walk 5 miles a day and eat w/in range of calories. I try to eat back half of my exercise calories.
  • Itbeginswithyourself
    Itbeginswithyourself Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have quite a bit to lose. i lost 20 lbs in 15 days.. But I am eating my calories 1500 and walking hr a day :) acouple days zumba
  • scrittenden
    scrittenden Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It took me just over 3 weeks to loose the first 10lbs
  • JessicaJoanJarvis
    JessicaJoanJarvis Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    a year... I hope the next ten come off quicker
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    If you haven't been dieting before joining then you could drop it pretty quick.
    It would be mostly water weight , once that s gone it will slow down.
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I set MFP for 1 lb per week and I am loosing at about that rate.
  • b1505
    b1505 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    It took me two months, it has definitely slowed down since then!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!