How long did it take you to lose your first 10 lbs?

Options

Replies

• danglewtf
    danglewtf Posts: 29
    Options
    About 6 weeks for the first 5 kg. I started around 95 kg, and down to 90 now (goal is around 65). I've hovered there for a week or two, but I'm showing big changes on my measurements, so happy to keep doing what I'm doing.
    Most days I eat close enough to 1200 cal plus about 70% of exercise, allowing for analogue scales and volume measurements. I'm not micro-managing my intake, but I do try to stay close on protein, sodium and fat levels, and mostly trying to stick with fruit and veg for sugar.

I do a combo of walking and c25k 4-5 times a week, and at the moment 1 circuit session per week. I'm about to introduce 2 weight sessions as well.
    Happy with my start, so if I can keep this going I'll be ecstatic! All the best to you.
  • freemystery
    freemystery Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    This is really encouraging, speaking as a relative newbie... the first time I tried to drop weight I did it the wrong way. Eating tiny amounts of really bad food and doinf half hearted cardio each morning. It wasn't sustainable and I felt awful but the weight started dropping off pretty quickly until I inevitably gave up and regained it all.

However this time around being a lil more sensible I'm seing the weight loss is a lot slower... I've been steadily losing just over 1lb a week so it's so good to see that this is normal and not ridiculously slow which is sometimes how I feel when I step on the scale.

On the plus side, I'm never hungry. I sleep well. I'm less cranky and the weight is still coming off, just more slowly than I'd thought it would!!
  • PennyHarris123
    PennyHarris123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    crikey about 9 months!!! VERY SLOW!!!! for me but not massively overweigth....good luck!
  • supadeliux
    supadeliux Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    A month, I started at 178 lbs to 166 lbs after a month, now I'm losing slowly, about 5 per month.
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 11 Ibs in 50 days. I don't have so much to lose, but i am happy with my progress!
  • hutccj02
    hutccj02 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ForEVER...I needed to lose a total of between 20 and 30 lbs (still 10-20 to go), so it's not like there was a *ton* to lose, but still a significant amount. It literally took weeks of careful eating and exercise before I saw *any* weight loss at all...but it seems that my body eventually normalized and now it's coming off at regular intervals of a 1-2 lbs per week.

So apparently weightloss is like the tortoise and the hare story, heh. :)
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    6 days, but I was hella big.
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    A month.
  • JayStu
    JayStu Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 10 pounds in my first 3 weeks
  • mrslonc
    mrslonc Posts: 5
    Options
    I lost 10 lbs within the first 3 weeks. About to start week 4 and i am down 13lbs. A lot is due to hyper-activity. I am working out at least 3-4 times a week and am trying to cut out as much processed food as possible.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Less than a month. I lost 12 the first month. After that is has slowed and now it is a good steady pace of 1-2 pounds every 7-10 days.
  • GAB219
    GAB219 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Took me about 3 months, I have my goal set for 0.5lbs loss a week. I knew it was going to be slow and I wan't disappointed. Now, on to the next 10lbs :)
  • grantwashere
    grantwashere Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    17 days. TODAY is that day! I started on June 3rd. Heavy lifting 3-4x's per week and 1,690 calories per day.
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I really don't remember... just remember that slower is better. Take your time....and be patient.
  • pkinblue
    pkinblue Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I haven't quite hit 10 lbs..and am on week 11. My goal is 1 lb a week and I wanted to lose 16 lbs altogether. I am about 2 lbs behind where I hoped to be--but haven't always eaten to my plan.
  • RebeccaHite
    RebeccaHite Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    A month
  • MissStatement
    MissStatement Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    10 weeks - 1 pound per week loss on average. I eat 1500 calories and have not been doing much exercising (knee and elbow are acting up). I am 40 btw.
  • alisaprince1
    Options
    A week and a half for 10 lbs, two months and a half months for 37 lbs:)
  • alisaprince1
    Options
    I meant two and a half months lol
  • DaniKaren
    DaniKaren Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 10 in a few weeks, but I also have a lot of weight to lose.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!