My story of 130 lbs lost was published today

Options

Replies

• earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Wow what a journey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So inspiring for us all and such great work!! Congrats to you!!!!!!!!!!!! <<<<<Big hug>>>>:flowerforyou:
  • tsherm3850
    tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great success and inspiring. Thanks for including us in your success.
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! I really liked what you said about motivation only lasted so long then you relied upon habit and forcing the change. I needed to hear that this morning! Thanks for sharing your AWE-Inspiring story!!
  • notenoughspeed
    notenoughspeed Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your transformation. You look amazing. I bet you feel better too huh?
  • JAEGAmom
    JAEGAmom Posts: 39
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR SUCCESS!!!! You look sensational!!!

What an inspiration!!! Thanks for sharing your story! I love reading success stories! I have been doing this for about 2 months now! I am 5'10" and started at 328.6 pounds. I have currently lost about 32 pounds! I didn't measure in the beginning, but since I started measuring a couple of weeks ago, I have lost over 10 inches! I don't SEE it in the mirror, but my clothes are fitting looser! So I know it's coming off! It's a day by day thing for me at this point!

You definitely have to come to the understanding that this is not a diet! Diet to most people means you do it for a while and you're done! This is a lifestyle change!!!

I hope to be able to write a success story such as yours one day!!! Thank you for the motivation & inspiration!!!
  • janehend
    janehend Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great story! I love your perspective on your weight loss. Your comparison between interest and commitment is really insightful. It is so true!

You look amazing!
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success, and for getting the chance to share your amazing story. You are such an inspiration to me, as your starting weight is exactly where I am, and your current weight is where I want to be. You are amazing, and you look gorgeous! Great work!!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for reading it, I am very proud and I do feel great.
    Very inspirational! I really liked what you said about motivation only lasted so long then you relied upon habit and forcing the change. I needed to hear that this morning! Thanks for sharing your AWE-Inspiring story!!

It took me a long time to figure it out that I can't rely on motivation all the time, I use to wonder what kept people going when they lost their drive of motivation, and then it hit me in the face that people just fight for what they want by doing things they don't want to do or that they aren't use to doing.

It's like the 3 c's in life, choice, chance and change. You have to make a choice to take chances if you ever want to change.
  • wendysophos
    Options
    Your success is very motivational.
    I have a question and i hope you don't find it rude, it's not intended to be. Did you suffer any ill-effects due to excess skin after such a dramatic weight loss?
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Congratulations!!
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    Your success is very motivational.
    I have a question and i hope you don't find it rude, it's not intended to be. Did you suffer any ill-effects due to excess skin after such a dramatic weight loss?

Not at all rude, I actually have very very little access skin.

These are my results from before and after the 30 day shred this past time, you can see that I do have a little but not as bad as it could have been.

fasy8l.jpg
  • ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    fantastic, well done you. You look fantastic, and well done Mum, as she is around my age would love to see her before and after pictures as well :-)
  • Deloresbolt
    Deloresbolt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    AWESOME
  • bobwest185
    bobwest185 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing and encouraging others. Amazing story of success.
  • Funmiloves
    Funmiloves Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Congrats and thanks for sharing! You look amazing :-)
  • ksopperman
    ksopperman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations ! Loved the story. :smile:
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    fantastic, well done you. You look fantastic, and well done Mum, as she is around my age would love to see her before and after pictures as well :-)

She don't mind me sharing... But the last photo is just the only one I have but she's lost a bit more since then.

necmxz.jpg
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Well, you know you have an inspiring post when everyone is quoting you!

This stood out for me:

"I learned that willpower is just a muscle and every time I flex it, the stronger it will get."

Amazing job!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Thts FANTASTIC!!! Congratulations :):):)
  • ksuetorres
    ksuetorres Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    What a great story! Congratulations, Melissa, and thanks for sharing your story. Love this line: "When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses and expect only results. I've always been interested in losing weight but I had never committed myself to doing it. When I did finally commit, nothing stood in my way."

I started losing weight when I stopped looking for the magic bullet that was going to make me thin. Diet and exercise. Diet and exercise. Diet and exercise. Diet and exercise. Eat at a deficit and move. That's all!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!