Miss USA too skiny? or Not? What do you guys think?

Options

Replies

• BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    I went and googled some more images. It's funny, to me she looks great in the bikini shots, but in certain of the gown pictures she does look too thin, specifically her arms seem very small relative to their length and the width of her shoulders... But I think it's probably the photogs or editors picking the shots that make her look like that.

So in general I agree, she is tone and fit and looks rocking -- but I can see why some people would be saying she is too thin, having looked at some of her other pix.
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    she looks muscular. Not skinny.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Oh, boy. This is a body shaming thread waiting to happen.

I think she looks HAWT. Would bang.

Waiting?

Basically anyone who utters anything other than "she's gorgeous" is being told they are fat and jealous.

I'd say it's already in progress.

ibcjgk.gif

It's all in the eye of the beholder.....some think she has a great bod, others think a few lbs. extra would look better, more boobage, more hips, short hair, etc etc blahblahblah

seems like people whose opinions differ from the herd get chastised, welcome to the internet, i guess
    It's more the implication that she's ill, or 'manly' - as if fitness can only be attractive in men, which is just misogynistic bull****, that causes annoyance. You're welcome to not find her attractive; not everyone will and that's a given.

Shaming is the issue.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Totally hot! She worked hard for that body plus genetics...
    .....and she's what, 19? Of course she looks terrific!

why does age matter?? I am in better shape and healthier now at 35 than I was at 19 or 25, which is her age.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    She looks like a fitness model. Anyone with that much muscle probably doesn't starve herself.

This was my thought as well. I don't see how anyone could describe her as "skinny." That term would only fit if you're using it in the broadest definition - as in "not fat."

She looks fit and healthy to me. I'd love to have her body (and I'm working towards it!)
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I know what the word "skiny" means....

She's in shape, though, that's for sure.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    She has my ideal body and what I'm working very hard to achieve but probably will fall short of achieving.

Jealous? ABSOLUTELY!
  • nekoxvampyx
    nekoxvampyx Posts: 163
    Options
    I'm not sure I know what the word "skiny" means....

She's in shape, though, that's for sure.

SKINNY -.- happy now? it's a typo get over it.
  • NoelleS85
    NoelleS85 Posts: 89
    Options
    LMAO @ all the people who are still obese or overweight saying she looks bad.. on a fitness website...

So Overweight people Cant have an opinion? This thread has attracted airheads like moths to a flame.

*free popcorn refill please!*
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    She looks great to me
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    LMAO @ all the people who are still obese or overweight saying she looks bad.. on a fitness website...

So Overweight people Cant have an opinion? This thread has attracted airheads like moths to a flame.

do we really have to resort to name-calling?
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    She looks lean and strong. That's a far cry from "skinny" in my book.

^^^Yes. She's got a great bod.
  • DHURD38
    DHURD38 Posts: 5
    Options
    She's definitely more toned than what we normally see labeled as hot or fit.

Now had she not had any muscle tone, then yeah, I'd say she needs to eat a sandwich or two. But because you can tell she works out, she gets a pass.

And this is coming from someone who was boney most of her life (until kids) and Iabsolutely hated it.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    She looks very fit to me. I do not think she is too skinny at all.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    And a friend of mine said men prefer women with curves and all men would find her to be " too skinny " So i ask you men do you think she's hot or not?

miss-usa-winner-erin-brady-gi.jpg

Just for reference and to be fair. I think her knees are a bit too pointy for me personally.

379994-miss-connecticut-erin-brady-competes-in-the-swimsuit-portion-of-the-mi.jpg
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Since when is that too thin? She looks healthy and strong.
  • LibertyBelle89
    Options
    she looks slim & fit to me! just from the look of her stomach, you can tell she's worked hard!
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    to those saying she needs more "curves" the shape of your body is determined by genetics not by how much fat you have. She is obviously a straight body type so obviously shes not gonna look like an hour glass.

Not necessarily. Building muscle does some great things for body recomp and adding "curves" in places such as hips.

That being said, she has a nice, lean body that she works hard to maintain. She's beautiful, and clearly many other people thought so else she likely wouldn't hold the title 'Miss USA'.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options

I just find it terribly hilarious (and not in a good way) that people on a FITNESS website feel the need to make disparaging comments about fit people on here, especially when they are a LONG way from ever being fit looking themselves. This seems to happen quite often on here.

Oh, and I am a far cry from an airhead sweetheart. :flowerforyou:
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    close to 100% of the women saying they would never want her body have nothing to worry about. :D

LMAO :drinker: what she said!