Miss USA too skiny? or Not? What do you guys think?

Options

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    yes too skinny
    they are s upposed to be too skinny
    thats what miss usa is all about
    puke puke puke

Oh, and...

...huh?

:huh:
    An old saying comes to mind: "Sometimes it is better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Put into MFP context, some people would be better off just sticking to the "Bang, Marry or Pass" threads, where it's hard to stick your foot in your mouth and/or spew incorrect information.

As to the OP - Miss USA is in excellent shape with a healthy, athletic BF% and has obviously worked hard to attain her goals. Whether somebody considers her "skinny" or not is entirely a matter of personal perception.
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    The rest of us know some guys like 'em big, some don't. Some like confidence most of all.

I think there was a typo there and you meant to say, "MOST (99.9%)" like confidence most of all. :wink:

No No No!!!

Where do all these guys live who are way more attracted to 300lb 'confident' girls in preference to Miss World look alikes!???

And how do they make up 99.9% of the population cos, although I know they exist, I've not met one ....not one.......not ever!!

Many, many, MANY men would agree that a 225 pound woman that's confident and loves herself is much more sexy than a 150 pound woman that thinks she's fat.

Just saying.

Guys don't want to deal with our petty insecurities. "Do I look fat in this?" "Do my boobs look too big?" "Do my hips look too wide?" They just don't give a crap about these things.

Bad analogy.

Put confident obese woman next to a confident fit woman and reassess.

Excellent point, and very true. In that case, perhaps not as many men would choose obese, but I'm willing to bet a fair few would.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Thread needs more pics.

agreed. Diodelcibo, post pics of your abs please.
  • baileybiddles
    Options
    On a side note, Miss USA looks fab.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    The rest of us know some guys like 'em big, some don't. Some like confidence most of all.

I think there was a typo there and you meant to say, "MOST (99.9%)" like confidence most of all. :wink:

No No No!!!

Where do all these guys live who are way more attracted to 300lb 'confident' girls in preference to Miss World look alikes!???

And how do they make up 99.9% of the population cos, although I know they exist, I've not met one ....not one.......not ever!!

Many, many, MANY men would agree that a 225 pound woman that's confident and loves herself is much more sexy than a 150 pound woman that thinks she's fat.

Just saying.

Guys don't want to deal with our petty insecurities. "Do I look fat in this?" "Do my boobs look too big?" "Do my hips look too wide?" They just don't give a crap about these things.

Bad analogy.

Excellent point, and very true. In that case, perhaps not as many men would choose obese, but I'm willing to bet a fair few would.

well, of course they would. To each his/her own and all that jazz....
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I think she looks smokin' hot, and probably works damn hard for those abs. How smart is she?
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options

No No No!!!

Just saying.

Bad analogy.

I'm sure there would be those who do, but I think the point is that it's not a majority.

It might be harsh to say it, but it's the truth. That being said, most women, even those who are very overweight, can be quite attractive. We're talking about attractive IN COMPARISON here not overall attractiveness.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    yes too skinny
    puke puke puke

Oh, and...

...huh?

An old saying comes to mind: "Sometimes it is better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Put into MFP context, some people would be better off just sticking to the "Bang, Marry or Pass" threads, where it's hard to stick your foot in your mouth and/or spew incorrect information.

As to the OP - Miss USA is in excellent shape with a healthy, athletic BF% and has obviously worked hard to attain her goals. Whether somebody considers her "skinny" or not is entirely a matter of personal perception.

agreed.

and regarding the "puke puke puke" comment, I don't think you get abs like that from not eating. You get it from fueling killer work outs. I think in terms of healthy role models, this is way better than the waif look.
    Options
    yes too skinny
    puke puke puke

Oh, and...

...huh?

agreed.

and regarding the "puke puke puke" comment, I don't think you get abs like that from not eating. You get it from fueling killer work outs. I think in terms of healthy role models, this is way better than the waif look.

I could not agree more. That puke puke puke comment was repulsive.
  • baileybiddles
    Options

No No No!!!

Just saying.

Bad analogy.

I'm sure there would be those who do, but I think the point is that it's not a majority.

It might be harsh to say it, but it's the truth. That being said, most women, even those who are very overweight, can be quite attractive. We're talking about attractive IN COMPARISON here not overall attractiveness.

Agreeable. And then you have those fabulous guys that just love their lady friend regardless of their body type, and the guys who don't pick a woman based on body type. Those guys are pretty cool, too. Got me one of those. My fiance, if he were to pick a person based solely on their physique, would choose a slender woman with SOME muscle tone. Miss USA would be too muscular for him, though I think she has a beautiful body. I guess, though, that not everything is based on the body. :)
  • beccachick
    beccachick Posts: 11
    Options
    She looks like a beginning body builder to me. Not the usual Miss USA--who tend to be rail thin with little muscle.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I think she looks smokin' hot, and probably works damn hard for those abs. How smart is she?

She's a quant, so only moderately smart.

(in case anyone is wondering, that means she does math and stuff.)
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I think Miss Alabama was much thinner.

alabama-mary-margaret-mccord.jpg
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I think she looks amazing! I prefer a more muscular look for myself but we all got preferences!
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    She looks good!
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I think Miss Alabama was much thinner.

alabama-mary-margaret-mccord.jpg
    Now THIS is skinny.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    And a friend of mine said men prefer women with curves and all men would find her to be " too skinny "
    Anyone who thinks they can speak for all men is an idiot.
    Options
    And a friend of mine said men prefer women with curves and all men would find her to be " too skinny "
    Anyone who thinks they can speak for all men is an idiot.

omg, I literally tried holding in the laughter and ended up sounding like a duck call.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    if the majority of men preferred heavier women we'd seem them a lot more in movies, tv, magazines etc..

its in our DNA to look for healthier mates...thats not to say there are some(minority) that may prefer heavier women for whatever reason.
  • algrant1
    algrant1 Posts: 17
    Options
    if the majority of men preferred heavier women we'd seem them a lot more in movies, tv, magazines etc..

its in our DNA to look for healthier mates...thats not to say there are some(minority) that may prefer heavier women for whatever reason.

Depends on what you mean by heavy. Biology hard wired males to look for 'good breeding' stock with wide 'birthing hips' and fat deposits to ensure healthy well nourished offspring. Not super skinny. That said, women are supposed to be looking for strong, masculine, alpha males and I see a lot of skinny jean wearing pseudo-men....what has happened people!