What is your healthy "I don't want to cook meal?"

Options

Replies

• wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I have this for lunch at work every day:

1 pouch microwaveable long grain brown rice.
    6 tbsp chunky salsa or pico de gallo
    2 oz. low sodium turkey breast slices

I get it all from Trader Joe's, heat up the rice, tear two turkey slices on top along with salsa. (You can also add in half an avocado diced as well for some healthy fats.) takes two minutes to make and is soooo yummy!
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I always have salmon and avocado. I have spinach or Kale ,tomatoes and I normally end up doing something with those.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    PB and toast.
  • I_Will_Be_The_Swan
    Options
    A Veggie Patch Chick'n Cutlet with ketchup. Protein, veggies, and it's super-filling.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Bump. Seems like a good situation to have a go-to for.

Mine's probably curry tilapia and asparagus:

All I do is thaw the tilapia, then rub it in a mix of curry, cumin, paprika, salt & pepper. Pan fry it.
    In the mean time I drizzle a bit of EVOO, salt & pepper (maybe crushed garlic, too) on some asparagus, and throw it in the oven. About 12 minutes all-in, and high protein with veg. Win.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I know I already answered, but I remembered my other go-to: smoked salmon on a toasted flatbread or sandwich thin with either Laughing Cow or avocado. Absolutely insanely delicious.
  • cheyennekl
    cheyennekl Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter with carrot sticks and a protein shake :)
  • lenatilde
    lenatilde Posts: 18
    Options
    Miso with udon noodles, ginger root, whatever green veg I have around and either tofu or thinly sliced white fish. Yum.
  • banana_milk
    Options
    Cottage cheese on toasted bread
  • aliceclutz90
    aliceclutz90 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Mine is fat free quark/fromage frais, handful of mixed berries, handful of mixed nuts, tsp of honey and tsp of nut butter.
  • hilarymcm
    hilarymcm Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    1) Mashed avocado with lime juice, dehydrated onion flakes, and TONS fresh or dried chile pepper
    2) Sushi from Whole Foods
    3) Canned black beans with chipotles and pickled nopalitos
    4) Canned tuna mixed with rosemary and shredded smoked gouda - microwave it for about a minute, then spread it on buttered whole grain toast.
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    When I don't feel like cooking, I make a chicken ceasar salad thusly:

Romaine lettuce
    egg whites
    anchovies (IDC about sodium, they're delicious)
    previously-cooked chicken boob (I always keep some cooked chicken boob chopped and bagged in the fridge)
    Parmesan cheese
    homemade croutons, made with olive oil and basil

From there I add whatever's handy: chopped roma tomatoes, broccoli, asparagus, or mushrooms. It's not a strict Ceasar salad, but it's damn good to me and it fits all kind of macros.
  • nak1a
    nak1a Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    A salad of :
    Salad greens
    Pouch of sunkist tuna
    Salad dressing
    Lil cheese
    Carrots

Sometimes I'll add turkey bacon bits.
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions, but does anyone have any vegan ideas?
    Half a cup of canned black beans (or lowfat refried beans), half a cup of canned diced tomatoes, half a cup of frozen or canned corn. add a bit of cumin, touch of cayenne or red pepper flakes, and heat in the microwave together. if you want and have them, top with greek yogurt and cilantro to serve.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    i'm so lazy i normally just graze on individual ingredients all day rather than put them together & make a meal. i just aim for high protein quick fixes.

i usually either eat a pb&j or make a salad. again, i'm super lazy so i use bagged salad with store bought rotisserie chicken. then i might add whatever veggie is on hand, or perhaps some hard boiled egg or sunflower seeds

i also dip hummus in cucumber slices & grape tomatoes

today i mixed up a can of tuna & low fat mayo (lil salt n pep too) and instead of dicing up apple to throw in the mix, i cut up some apple wedges to dip in the tuna salad.

This is how i "cook".
  • loislenski
    loislenski Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I use sugar free jam and 45 cal per slice bread. But unless I really don't have many calories left, I am going to use the real peanut butter every time.
  • new_bella
    new_bella Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Red/Yellow, Orange bell peppers and hummus. I keep them cut up in the fridge, easy to grab when I'm hungry.
  • erin4609
    erin4609 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Salad is seriously one of my favorite meals. (not even joking.) I love salad with salmon, balsamic vinegar, and nutritional yeast. I'm lazy so I just by canned salmon.
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I nuke a bag of Steamfresh Broccoli & Cauliflower, dump the whole works in a big bowl & toss with 1/2 c black beans, 2 T crumbled goat cheese or shredded parmesan, sea salt & pepper (or 9 million twists of the Italian Herb Grinder!!) and drizzle with 1T olive oil... nom nom nom