How long did it take for someone to notice weight loss?

Options

Replies

• krystynnaa
    krystynnaa Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    for me close family and friends started to comment around 30 punds. Once I hit 35 (at 43 now) the comments came flying in like crazy. I work in a big office and I am a supervisor so I think people were afraid to say anything but once one person did, it won't stop. They actually talk about so much now I find it embarassing! Loving it however!

One girl TOTALLY made my day yesterday, she said when she came in I was squatting down helping someone and she didn't even realize it was me because I was looking so thin- I nearly cried i was so happy! (she's my new fav employee haha)
  • PandaCustard
    PandaCustard Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    A handful of people are just starting to notice; so far, my mom, my husband and one friend who's also working on weight loss. I think I already look vastly different, but that's just me I guess.
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    no one yet!, im only at 9lbs down, when i was down like 18lbs, i got some compliments!!, when i lose more weight again, ill see!!
  • culkin1
    culkin1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've lost 28 pounds and my Mom, who has complained about my weight since I was a kid, hasn't noticed. My wife hasn't said anything until this past weekend. I have only one co-worker who has said something. I volunteer at my daughters school and two people didn't say anything to me, but they mentioned it to my daughter.
  • tweetykk
    tweetykk Posts: 11
    Options
    I lost around 40 lbs before anyone really noticed :happy:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I actually read somewhere it takes 4 weeks for you to really notice, 10 weeks for friends...for me it was after 20lbs but to be frank people that see me everyday it would be hard to notice 10lbs...for me it was when I had to be 2 full sizes lower then my normal size...Now mind you people that haven't seen me in a year were shocked at my size difference.
  • madhamey
    madhamey Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    No one has noticed on me as of yet but they keep asking if I cut my hair, so they notice something but dont know what it is yet. It is funny.

OMG, this has been happening to me for about the last half stone lost. Driving me mad, had the same hair for over a year.

I know I am doing this for myself, but wish someone who doesn't know I'm losing weight would notice.
  • ttc72
    ttc72 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    around 15, problem I have is my work pants are elastic and I spend most of my day pulling them back up because they try to fall down all the time lol
    I'm half way, another 15 pounds to go :)
  • Quilled
    Quilled Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It took about 20lbs for me to notice. I could tell my clothes were smaller but it wasnt until the 20s that I could look in the mirror and go "woah thats not me!" It was probably closer to 27-28 before the people I see often (co workers etc) noticed the loss, part of that was likely because I didnt really get any new clothes until I had lost close to 30lbs, that was mostly because I could take my pants on and off without having to unzip or unbutton and then they almost fell off.... Once I got a new (fitting) shirt, everyone seemed to notice the very next day how much I had lost.

People I didnt see regularly (grandparents) noticed pretty quick, right around 20lbs or so, because they didnt see me slowly get smaller they just saw a big loss of 20lbs from the last time they had seen me.

If you see people often, it takes longer for them to notice because they will constantly see the small changes and adjust. Oddly enough both my mom and one of my sisters told me they didnt think I had lost any weight. This was after dropping over 30lbs and 3 dress sizes. I told my mom I was so excited to be a size 6 and she said she didnt think I had lost any weight at all. My sister didnt notice either and I had to show them both a picture of me before and tell them my weight at the time before they even noticed I had lost 30lbs right under their noses.

Part of my issue is I carry weight very well and hide it very well, when I tell people what I used to weigh they tell me there is no way in hell I ever weighed that much. When I tell them what I weigh now, I get the same reaction "there is no way in hell you weigh that much". I have had a handful people make me stand on a scale to prove how much I actually weigh. On average people think I am about 15-20lbs lighter than I actually am.
  • Almaviva14
    Almaviva14 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Non family/friends are really beginning to comment about now (32 down). The funny times are the ones I don't see that much /don't know me that well. This look comes over their face...as though they're computing it LOL...and then they state that I've really lost weight...
  • savemama
    savemama Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I only started getting comments from close friends and family as I neared 30 lbs.

Colleagues etc still have said nothing ;) I assumed it was because it was rolled into my baby weigh loss so they were afraid to... But maybe they're not sure yet.
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    About 2 months (~25 lbs)
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Family noticed right away, like even at 10 pounds. For other folks, it took about 40 pounds (almost 25% of starting weight) ... and a pair of shorts. :D
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I've lost 36 pounds now and still haven't gotten any comments. I've told a few people that I'm trying to lose weight, and they have been supportive, but no one who has spontaneously just noticed. Which is disappointing, but hopefully it will happen soon!
  • antonjanik
    antonjanik Posts: 12
    Options
    The only people that ever told me to "not get too thin" were people that had weight issues themselves and felt threatened by my weight loss. They didn't get that this is about ME, not THEM.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    A few months, I was already pretty lean
  • stacetherainbow
    Options
    Just about 25 pounds, but I think it's the baggy pants that tipped them off. When I wear pants that fit, I look the same!
  • scapalbo
    scapalbo Posts: 19
    Options
    14 lbs, for the people who I work with every day (that I DIDN'T tell that I was eating differently)

no one else has really said anything at all.
  • SquidandWhale
    Options
    I think it's harder for people I see regularly to identify increments of weight loss, whereas when I run into people I haven't seen in a one - two years, they comment of how good I look/how much weight I've lost, etc.
  • Poprocket_2012
    Options
    it was when i lost about 50lbs that i started getting a lot of comments
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!