Shakeology

Options
Does anyone drink Shakeology? If so, what do you think? I've tried the strawberry and chocolate and I think the chocolate is the best one.

Replies

• InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I think I'd rather eat my calories.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I think I'd rather eat my calories.

^^ or make my own shakes....
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I've wanted to try it, but the incredibly high cost of it ($4 per shake! Craziness!) keeps me from pulling the trigger. I'd rather make my own shake, it would probably end up being cheaper, and about as healthy.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    What's the difference between 400 calories in a shake and 400 calories of healthy food?
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I don't know what Shakeology is but in my experience, any sort of shake replacement actually makes me consume MORE calories over the day because they never never never fill me up so I always end up eating a meal too. Needless to say I eat real food now.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Does anyone drink Shakeology? If so, what do you think? I've tried the strawberry and chocolate and I think the chocolate is the best one.

The people that drink shakeo seem to be woefully misinformed on the actual product
  • ordnaj3la1
    ordnaj3la1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Shakelogy has a ton of micronutrients, extremely good for you. It is expensive as hell though, always wanted to try it but at 4$ per shake, not widdit.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    What about Harlem Shakeology?

tumblr_mi6qci9thh1qaxxeoo7_500.gif
  • DaveGlasnost
    DaveGlasnost Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    OP was asking people who actually use the shakeology what they think, not what people think of the idea of buying shakeology versus making your own or whatever.

Oh and the difference between 400 calories in a shake (that is theoretically comprised of healthy food) and healthy solid food is water content. Assuming you aren't using heavy whipping cream or something similar.

I've taken carrots, spinach leaves, and cucumber and some other veggie, no fruit, and some water, and *nothing* else, ...and made a shake that way. Yea, I have to say that day at least I was happier drinking my calories than eating them.

ODTFTL
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    People that always say "I'd rather eat my calories" make me laugh. Tell me you never drink fruit juice or smoothies or protein shakes. smh

ETA - btw I like Shakeology. I like the Chocolate and Greenberry personally.
  • InForBacon
    Options
    What about Harlem Shakeology?

tumblr_mi6qci9thh1qaxxeoo7_500.gif
    This is not the harlem shake I grew up with...
  • InForBacon
    Options
    People that always say "I'd rather eat my calories" make me laugh. Tell me you never drink fruit juice or smoothies or protein shakes. smh
    I don't ever drink fruit juice or smoothies or protien shakes.
  • AutumnRed84
    AutumnRed84 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I make my own shakes, well smoothies. I use frozen fruit, spinach, yogurt and a protein powder. They are yummy!!
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options

I prefer to eat my calories - because I don't like juice, smoothies are weird to me, and I think protein shakes are boring.
    ... But that's me.

I have tried Shakeology, and thought it wasn't worth the price, and it gives some people wicked stinky gas, even when eating healthy otherwise.
  • keljo0430
    keljo0430 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like the Chocolate and Strawberry. Never tried the Greenberry but my sister said it was gross haha. They just announced a new Vanilla flavor at their Coach Summit yesterday that is available to order now I guess.
  • dconnolly818
    dconnolly818 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've tried it, and am not opposed to using it, it is just the cost that throws me. Greenberry was my favorite, but I just cant afford to make it a daily meal(plus there's not one meal I was willing to give up EVERY day) so I'm using whats left of the bag I got as a sort of nutrient booster for a snack on days I don't think I have enough fruits and veggies.
  • CoachSamB
    CoachSamB Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking chocolate Shakeology for about a year and a half now, and I am literally full for several hours. And the nutrients you get in Shake-O are incredibly high compared to how much food you'd have to consume to get the same amount. It is expensive for sure, but it's cheaper if you sign up to become a coach. Worth it for the discount if nothing else.
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    A co-worker of mine has been doing Shakeology for about the same amount of time I have been on MFP (since April). We check in with each other a various times. I have lost 17 eating an abundance of real food; feeling full, energized and great all the time! While he has lost less than 10 and he is hungry and miserable all the time.

Hmmmm....
  • DaveGlasnost
    DaveGlasnost Posts: 146 Member
    Options

Yea because they saw a blurb on Dr. Oz about only drinking water to lose weight or some other simplistic thinking. This is the same one-dimensional annoyance as "just count calories and make sure you don't eat more than <insert latest "scientifically-figured" number here> calories a day, stupid!"

As always it is more complicated than that. For my part, I needed the protein shakes, *after* already eating lots of lean meats, eggs, nuts, jerky snacks, tons of veggies, etc. And I still found it hard to reach ~3000cal that I was shooting for, and the ratios I was chasing, while not eating garbage.

OK I will just stick to 2700calories of krispy kremes a day. Yea that will work. Too many authorities on these boards.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    had someone on facebook tell me that shakeology was better then a protein shake and a multi-vitamin because your stomach absorbs the shakology vitamins better than a multivitamin that is in pill form.

they couldn't tell me why though.