I love bullies....

Options

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    THAT is what good parents do. They teach you how to handle things verbally before teaching you how to solve things physically.
    I also think you are missing the point in mine, and several other posts, that the verbal route had already been tried, several times, and through several routes, and had FAILED.

So now what??

Interesting....in your first post you stated you knew it wasn't going to be politically correct and that you believe violence was the answer....
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Most of my memories are indirect. Finding out that a nickname given to you by classmates means something horrible and the embarrassment of knowing that you've gone along with them making fun of you... Rumors spread through the school, etc...

One that stands out as a direct memory was from a middle school play. I was a 7th grader and typically, most of the 8th graders got lead roles. I tried out for a part that I would have played along side my 'crush" but so did his 8th grade girlfriend. To everyone's surprise, I got the part and not her!

I was ecstatic, until she started acting jealous and picking on me. Under pressure and her suggestions, my crush did too. Finally, during our dress rehearsal for the school, he changed his line of "you're really pretty" to "you're really ugly". The school laughed as he started laughing and I died inside. He's grown up to be a total tool, and she is still a scary, hateful person...
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    i am currently working on a game that talks about bullies :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-4GMrdEkfg

check it
  • jonjhayden
    jonjhayden Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    THAT is what good parents do. They teach you how to handle things verbally before teaching you how to solve things physically.

I also think you are missing the point in mine, and several other posts, that the verbal route had already been tried, several times, and through several routes, and had FAILED.

So now what??

Read the original paragraph she wrote. She started hitting the kid for mocking her in the class. She sounds pretty proud of being violent to that kid. I know many kids can be mean verbally but to beat that kid and now, as an adult, be proud of it. Sheesh

Now she's saying that her kid is being "bullied". LOL. Please.

Again....I think it is fine to disagree, but not to attack.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

So now what??

Read the original paragraph she wrote. She started hitting the kid for mocking her in the class. She sounds pretty proud of being violent to that kid. I know many kids can be mean verbally but to beat that kid and now, as an adult, be proud of it. Sheesh

Again....I think it is fine to disagree, but not to attack.

Who exactly is attacking anyone? What I see is disagreement and I don't see any response in this thread that would violate the very broad MFP rules banning verbal insults/attacks on others.
  • BIGGGMOMMMA
    BIGGGMOMMMA Posts: 190
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxLgqiWqMddfCtvlktF-ld4kUeC4FMleOsPnU7SbMsHc-r6dh7

I used to be bullied as a kid. And it was by a bunch of project kids who lived down the street(We were real poor too just didn't live in the projects, thank God). We went to the same school. Anyways I was bullied from K to 3rd grade. (And by bullied I mean beat down and left for dead sometimes, at least it felt that way) But I got sick and tired of it. So one day in class I was called to the chalkboard and my seat squeaked like a fart when I got up. OMG , one of the boys who hated me the most started talking crap and then everyone was laughing and saying stuff. I felt like crying. The teacher was trying to get everyone settled and when I was done with the problem She called him to the chalkboard...There was lot of oooos and ohhhs and then instead of doing the problem he proceeded to draw a picture of me (which of course looked nothing like me) Everyone was laughing and yelling stuff, the teacher was trying to take the chalk away from him. And like in slow motion I got up went up to him and punched him as hard as I could in the stomach. Then when he lunged I punched him in the side of the head....I was so pissed off. He started crying and everyone turned on him because he was crying. Probably one of the most liberating moments of my life. Could I do that now? Of course not. But one of my children had a bully. Had. Yeah I had him deal with it starting out ignoring, that didn't help, then trying to talk about it, and unfortunately he had to kick the kids *kitten* to get him to stop.

What are your experiences with bullies?

You kicked some little kids butt? Great message you're sending. No truly, GREAT job done mama.

ETA: Befor eyou say that you didn't kicked a child, you taught your child to beat up another kid. This is a child. You should be teaching the kid how to deal with things without violence. You are basically teaching your kid to become yet another wannabe thug and a bully. You are creating a bully. Good job.

Just out of curiousity, what do you think she should have done??? I finally put my son in karate to be able to do the same thing. When the school officials and the police do nothing and the other parents say "oh its just kids being kids", what other solution is there??? Just continue to let your kids get beat up? HELL NO

Read the original sob story. The kid in OPs childhood didn't raised his hands on her. He mocked her. Would you shoot somebody for mocking you? God I'd be dead from people shooting me through their computer screens alone.

If you're being attacked. Fair enough. Teach him self-defense. My brothers and I are all decently trained (them in martial arts, me in boxing AND martial arts). We learned, however, before self-defense to defuse situations verbally and ONLY got physical when we were attacked.

I have been shot at working at liquor store. I used to work in one of the roughest neighborhoods in America (look up Flint, MI and then lookup the Pasadena hood). You know what I learned. 99% of the time you can talk your way out of bad situations. THAT is what good parents do. They teach you how to handle things verbally before teaching you how to solve things physically.

Your right on the point that I did attack him after he was 'only" mocking me. He and his pack had "only' been beating me up everyday for 3 years. So I snapped. Maybe some don't think that was the right move. I certainly don't teach my children to attack anyone either. I teach my kids to defend themselves only if they are physically assaulted.
    **And btw I am proud of myself for finally standing up to this kid. I was liberated from the living hell I had to withstand day after day. It saved me from killing myself or running away (which is what I would imagine doing while crying myself to sleep) Sob story? No. It was meant to empower not to depress. I am a strong *kitten* woman now who stands up for herself and her family and never lets anyone be a victim. I was 8 years old when this happened, remember that.
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    This B**** at work keeps stealing my parking spot. I hate bullies.
  • amy32lynn
    amy32lynn Posts: 157 Member
    Options

I used to be bullied as a kid. And it was by a bunch of project kids who lived down the street(We were real poor too just didn't live in the projects, thank God). We went to the same school. Anyways I was bullied from K to 3rd grade. (And by bullied I mean beat down and left for dead sometimes, at least it felt that way) But I got sick and tired of it. So one day in class I was called to the chalkboard and my seat squeaked like a fart when I got up. OMG , one of the boys who hated me the most started talking crap and then everyone was laughing and saying stuff. I felt like crying. The teacher was trying to get everyone settled and when I was done with the problem She called him to the chalkboard...There was lot of oooos and ohhhs and then instead of doing the problem he proceeded to draw a picture of me (which of course looked nothing like me) Everyone was laughing and yelling stuff, the teacher was trying to take the chalk away from him. And like in slow motion I got up went up to him and punched him as hard as I could in the stomach. Then when he lunged I punched him in the side of the head....I was so pissed off. He started crying and everyone turned on him because he was crying. Probably one of the most liberating moments of my life. Could I do that now? Of course not. But one of my children had a bully. Had. Yeah I had him deal with it starting out ignoring, that didn't help, then trying to talk about it, and unfortunately he had to kick the kids *kitten* to get him to stop.

I love you!!!!!!!! that's awesome I tell my kids the same thing and people think im crazy!!!!!
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Hate Bullies.

My cousins and I moved to Utah from Hawaii in high school. We'd never really seen or dealt with bullies in Hawaii, but there were some in Utah.

We enjoyed turning the tables on them.
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I was bullied throughout most of my high school years from the age of 11 to 13, it was verbal abuse from a group of popular girls. They used to call me a dog and bark at me when I walked past them in the corridors. They would sit next to me in my French lesson and taunt me for the whole hour, I was quite artistic and would sit and draw while they said horrible things about me to just try and lose myself and block out what they were saying. One day one of the girls tripped me over and poured a drink all over me. It got to the point where I bunked the lessons and sat in the girls toilets and would just cry. I cried every morning before school and every night when I got home.

Then one day I was sitting in a cubicle when I heard one of the really nasty girls come in talking on her phone, she was talking about me, saying that I should just die and rot in a ditch somewhere. I saw red, slammed the door of the cubicle open, grabbed her by the hair and smashed her face against one of the sinks.

I got in a load of trouble, the girl had a busted lip, bald patch and a black eye, I spent about 4 weeks in isolation but it was totally worth it, they never troubled me again.

I do not condone violence but what they put me through still has an effect on me to this day, I have low self esteem and I am just beginning to build up my confidence at the age of 24!
  • BIGGGMOMMMA
    BIGGGMOMMMA Posts: 190
    Options

So now what??

LOL. Please???
    Your right on the point that I did attack him after he was 'only" mocking me. He and his pack had "only' been beating me up everyday for 3 years. So I snapped. Maybe some don't think that was the right move. I certainly don't teach my children to attack anyone either. I teach my kids to defend themselves only if they are physically assaulted.
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I was bullied all the way through elementary school. called names like Dog breath, four eyes, loser, etc. My glasses were broken more than a douzen times and I eventually ended up an angry and embittered child. I finally got up the guts to punch the bully in the balls after he was teasing my sister and hitting her with his arm cast. He never bothered me after that and I never let anyone do that **** to me or my sister again.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

You kicked some little kids butt? Great message you're sending. No truly, GREAT job done mama.

ETA: Befor eyou say that you didn't kicked a child, you taught your child to beat up another kid. This is a child. You should be teaching the kid how to deal with things without violence. You are basically teaching your kid to become yet another wannabe thug and a bully. You are creating a bully. Good job.

Just out of curiousity, what do you think she should have done??? I finally put my son in karate to be able to do the same thing. When the school officials and the police do nothing and the other parents say "oh its just kids being kids", what other solution is there??? Just continue to let your kids get beat up? HELL NO

Read the original sob story. The kid in OPs childhood didn't raised his hands on her. He mocked her. Would you shoot somebody for mocking you? God I'd be dead from people shooting me through their computer screens alone.

If you're being attacked. Fair enough. Teach him self-defense. My brothers and I are all decently trained (them in martial arts, me in boxing AND martial arts). We learned, however, before self-defense to defuse situations verbally and ONLY got physical when we were attacked.

I have been shot at working at liquor store. I used to work in one of the roughest neighborhoods in America (look up Flint, MI and then lookup the Pasadena hood). You know what I learned. 99% of the time you can talk your way out of bad situations. THAT is what good parents do. They teach you how to handle things verbally before teaching you how to solve things physically.

Shoulda said that in your original thread then. Also, "snapping" is not something you should be teaching your kids. Specially not in a class full of witnesses. You're teaching your kid its ok to be a bully with anger management issues...
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Momma's rule.... You do not fight. You do not start disturbance. HOWEVER....if it is started with you, YOU FINISH IT.

EDIT: I was picked on plenty...but always only ONCE.
  • StrongFitSexy
    Options
    I was bullied many times from 4th-6th grade. Even my "best friend" started to bully me after being her friend for 2 freakin years.
    a nurse in middle school bullied me, and my English teacher and my guidance counselor bullied me when I was in high school...
    Really bad memories....:cry:
    but whatever...
    im passed it though:smile:
  • taunto
    Options
    I think we're derailing the thread so lets try and get back to the thread instead of making it about the OP and her parenting skills

I think, if you are getting verbally mocked. Then its NOT bullying. You are simply being part of a cruel society and you should learn to deal with it without violence (something OP didn't knew to do and I hope is teaching her kids to deal with in better ways now).

If you are however getting physically abused (something OP was NOT) then you should kick that persons butt.

I want to keep the kids in my family out of jail. For that, I teach them to only attack when being attacked. ALWAYS try to handle a situation with your mind. You can defuse a LOT of bad situations verbally. Verbally mocked? Learned to be witty enough. For that, read books. Don't become a bully trying to beat the bullies.

Also, don't call mocking "bullying". I see that enough on these forums as it is. If you beat somebody up for verbal mocking then YOU are the one going to jail. Not the "bully" who was simply teasing you.
  • taunto
    Options
    Momma's rule.... You do not fight. You do not start disturbance. HOWEVER....if it is started with you, YOU FINISH IT.

EDIT: I was picked on plenty...but always only ONCE.

THIS!
  • jonjhayden
    jonjhayden Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Who exactly is attacking anyone? What I see is disagreement and I don't see any response in this thread that would violate the very broad MFP rules banning verbal insults/attacks on others.

Well, I am not sure about that. I made a post explaining the difference between "Lose" and "Loose". It was not directed at anyone. It was simply an explanation of the difference between the proper usage of the two words. The forum police deemed that to be either attacking, insulting or mocking and a violation. I was sent a warning and the thread was locked.

Now let's look at this situation:

I would say calling someone's post a "sob story" is attacking and insulting.

He goes on to say:

Implying that the OP is not a good parent.

Look I really don't have a dog in THIS fight. I just think it is ridiculous that my instructive post regarding "loose v. lose" was considered a violation but this and many other more aggregious posts are not.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    You touch my kid and you are getting touched back. I have taught my children to never start a fight but they had better not let someone physically assault them either.

The thing that people who have never been bullied don't understand is that it does not stop until you defend yourself. It is like being a sick animal in the forest. The little *kitten* can smell the weakness on you. I'm not talking about getting teased (although verbal bullying can be just as bad)....I'm talking about physical attacks.

My son was bullied in school. Every day he came home with torn shirts, scratches and even sand in his hair/eyes. This was when he was in the first grade! The school did absolutely nothing to protect him even after I met with the principal and the parents. Well, one day my son got sick of it and the bully ended up getting what he deserved. My son got suspended for a day and the bully for three.

I do not care what anyone else thinks but I was so proud of my son that day. I took him for ice cream and told him how proud I was that he finally stood up for himself. I even told the principal how proud I was and her head nearly exploded. She actually had the nerve to tell me that they don't condone violence for any reason....like my kid is just going to lay there and get his *kitten* kicked. I said if you want your kid to grow up to be a victim, so be it. Mine is done being a victim.

BTW-he never got picked on again....
  • taunto
    Options

Well, I am not sure about that. I made a post explaining the difference between "Lose" and "Loose". It was not directed at anyone. It was simply an explanation of the difference between the proper usage of the two words. The forum police deemed that to be either attacking, insulting or mocking and a violation. I was sent a warning and the thread was locked.

Now let's look at this situation:

I would say calling someone's post a "sob story" is attacking and insulting.

He goes on to say:

Implying that the OP is not a good parent.

Look I really don't have a dog in THIS fight. I just think it is ridiculous that my instructive post regarding "loose v. lose" was considered a violation but this and many other more aggregious posts are not.

Sorry but it seems like you're target reporting me because I told you that your "lose vs. loose" threads are against the forum guidelines. I have not attacked anyone in here. They asked for our experiences. I have mentioned that in my experience, better teach yoru kids to end verbal troubles verbally. I have shared what good parents do. I didn't called her a bad parent. The sob story is a sob story because it does hurt people. Some people got verbally mocked very badly. Still doesn't justify violence.
This discussion has been closed.