I think I will just QUIT! This is nonsense...

Options

Replies

• camila_scl
    camila_scl Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Thanx to everyone that responded with a positive answer! Definitely changed my mood :)

And now to the downers--> Everyone is allowed a bad day no? Focus on maybe NOT answering a post if you have nothing nice to say :)

Hi.... I started MFP last year, I was 142 when I started and 1.5 months I lost 8 lbs (Then I quit cause I got sick, now I'm back). Anyways... I felt like you, saw all my MFP friends lost so much more weight than me, but you have to realize if you are not super tall and don't have that much overweight it is a slower process.

Think of somebody that burns normally 2200 calories a day, they can cut back to 1200 and that way they lose 2 lbs a week. Can you cut 1000 calories and stay healthy? Nope, cause you would have to eat like 700 calories per day and that would be insane!

So relax, and when you are half way start doing less cardio and more lifting you will lose inches and look hotter
  • jessiedell7
    Options
    Sometimes a post like this is just someone looking for reassurance. IMO she doesn't want to quit, she wants to be told unequivocally what she already suspects, that quitting is not the answer and in fact she's doing better than she should be expecting. That's one of the points of belonging to a support forum.

No one said this would be easy. They just said it'd be worth it.

Thank you!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    lemme bust out a little division here....

5 pounds in a month...lets say there are 4 weeks in a month...

5 divided by 4.....carry the 3...remainder of X (i'll just stash that over here with this shoe i found at the mall)...

adjust for kelvin....weight - the sum of time/space

=

1.25 pounds.

you have averaged 1.25 pounds per week.

this is still within the healthy weight loss range. nice job.

but, if ya gotta go....

PeaceOut.gif
  • jessiedell7
    Options
    Let me just add some info that I should have added..

I attend a belly dancing class once a week and do the Brazil Butt LIft workout (day 26 today) 5-6 times a week that incorporates weights and dancing. (push ups, squats, lifts, etc)

Btw, I look a bit thinner in my pic, don't know why as it was taken last week. I will post some more pics of my actual body after I do my BBL SCULPT workout tonight.

Another point- My weight was always 123-125. I gained weight my last year in college and I just don't feel comfortable with these few extra pounds.

Just sayin'.. Thanx a bunch for your feedback.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I know its not a full picture, but it doesn't look like you have any wieght to loose!
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Belly dancing!

Now I'm really interested! :wink:

Help yourself to some of the motivational posters in my profile and never give up. If you achieve perfection too easily there is nothing left to pursue. Enjoy the journey, it's as valuable as the destination. :flowerforyou:
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Let me just add some info that I should have added..

I attend a belly dancing class once a week and do the Brazil Butt LIft workout (day 26 today) 5-6 times a week that incorporates weights and dancing. (push ups, squats, lifts, etc)

Btw, I look a bit thinner in my pic, don't know why as it was taken last week. I will post some more pics of my actual body after I do my BBL SCULPT workout tonight.

Another point- My weight was always 123-125. I gained weight my last year in college and I just don't feel comfortable with these few extra pounds.

Just sayin'.. Thanx a bunch for your feedback.

We are the same height, and while 136 is too small for me, you look great. Can I say I'm jealous?
  • Winston1717
    Winston1717 Posts: 184
    Options
    You are 24 it looks like you don't have far to go. Maybe your body is telling you something. You may need to change your diet up and switch up your work out routine. Just quitting is not the answer and you'll end up being sorry in fhe long run. Good luck!
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I think you may benefit from a weigh training program to focus on changing your body composition rather than worrying about losing pounds

This will help you drop body fat while retaining LBM, and help you sculpt the body you desire ( if your ticker is any indication)

Lift 3 days a week...cardio 3 days. (optional)

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/The_Starting_Strength_Novice/Beginner_Programs
    http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-beginner-strength-training-program/

21fx8.gif
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Thanx to everyone that responded with a positive answer! Definitely changed my mood :)

And now to the downers--> Everyone is allowed a bad day no? Focus on maybe NOT answering a post if you have nothing nice to say :)

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!:drinker: Yup is entitled to a bad day and I'm guessing everyone on here has had one. Have a great weekend!
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    If I lost 5 lbs in a month I'd be happier than a witch in a broom factory.
    :flowerforyou:

Seriously, you're getting upset when you said you wanted to quit and everybody didn't give you praise for your passive-aggressive, woe-is-me post about losing 5 pounds and an inch off your waist in a month, which, is actual progress? :huh:

Calculate your TDEE. Lift some weights. Take a break because maybe your body just needs it. Also, cortisol (the stress hormone) can inhibit weight loss, and caffeine can increase cortisol secretions (I have no idea what your diet is like, but just a tip). And give it time. Oh, and you will have a love/hate relationship with your scale. Take pictures or measurements.
  • ShmareParks
    ShmareParks Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I find your results really impressive, and in a whoppingly short time. I think your expectations might be the only thing you need to adjust - haha! These things are not instant. The slower the better, really, if you want lasting results. And I still think you might be eating too little if you're working out this much. Also, by the looks of your photo, you may not actually need to lose very much weight, if any. Make sure you get some second opinions from trusted friends. You want to be healthy, not just skinny, sister. Hang in there.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

Everyone is allowed a bad day. But posting on a public forum with no request for help, just a paragraph about how everything is stupid and you're just going to quit, is likely to garner a lot of people who go "Ok, whatever." I'm surprised you got as many nice responses as you did.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options

Everyone is allowed a bad day. But posting on a public forum with no request for help, just a paragraph about how everything is stupid and you're just going to quit, is likely to garner a lot of people who go "Ok, whatever." I'm surprised you got as many nice responses as you did.

Frustration can be a *****.
  • jessiedell7
    Options

Frustration can be a *****.

Absolutely!
  • DorisInTheDena
    DorisInTheDena Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the extra pics. That proves you are even more gorgeous. Don't be so hard on yourself. You are doing great!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options

I understand how you feel, but you also have to take into consideration that in your early 20s, it's normal for your body to develop and change.

I was 110 pounds (at 5'5) from my teenage years up until my mid-20s, and I had a very very slender, "girlish" body. I gained about 15 pounds and suddenly had hips and *kitten*. In retrospect, I now think looked better with a few extra pounds, but at the time, I felt like, "Hey... wtf? Where did these hips come from? Why don't my pants fit?!" But it was just normal changes. It's why misses' clothes are cut differently than juniors.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    So I just weighed & measured myself and decided that whatever I'm doing is unfortunately NOT working for me. There is no point in my busting my *kitten* at the gym 6 days a week doing cardio when I am seeing no results. I have GAINED weight since last week. I was given advice that I need to up my caloric intake to lose weight and so I did. I ate 1200 calories, give or take, per day and I noticed that my weight has gone up. After measuring myself, I found out I only lost 1 inch off of my *kitten* in 2 months of exercising. This eventually lead me to tears and I am re-thinking my weight loss overall. What is the point, I only lost 5 pounds in a frickin month busting my *kitten* literally EVERY day- a lot then most people do that actually lose weight. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I'm very disappointed as well as discouraged. It just makes me mad that I put all of this effort into this weight loss and my body isn't answering to it. I thought that it was muscle but it's not since it's only 1 fricking inch off my waist. That is ridiculous. I see no point in continuing exercising further as the results are nonsense.

I will tell you not to give up. Sometimes it does take a little while for the needle to move, but it does move.
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    remember it is a marathon not a sprint

watch this it will help you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2xn54Irp-o

I love this quote and yes it is.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    your prob not eating enough. google your tdee and bmi and bmr and find what you should be at. good luck sweetie and dont give up!!