How long has it been since you've had Brussels Sprouts?

Options

Replies

• determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Christmas two years ago when my mum hid one in a ferrero rocher wrapper because she knows I hate them ):
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    About a week. I roast them with EVOO or coconut oil and a dash of curry (or whatever I have in my cupboard) until they are soft all the way through.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    the face of evil lives in your refrigerator...

evilsprouts.jpg

See, demonizing foods like this in the name of clean eating is why so many people have challenges falling off the wagon. They deprive themselves of the delicious foods they love, and then end curled up on the floor covered in butter, bacon, brussel sprouts, and tears.

You need to make room for these occasional treats in your menu.
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Ooo, it's been too long!

*adding frozen Brussels sprouts to shopping list*

/brofist Joshacham
  • luvmydog2
    luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: If my husband is cooking up food with garlic in it ... I make sure i eat brussel sprouts ... :wink:
    As they have a Windddddy ... effect on me .
    You might say pay back for Garlic breath ... lmao !:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    yesterday. im slightly obsessed with brussels sprouts, as i am with all cabbages. they are so cute and squeeky. the most adorable vegetables.
  • TT64
    TT64 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Since I was a young child, I have hated them. I used to cut them in half and swallow them, so I wouldn't have to chew them. As an adult, when I grew to love most every vegetable besides okra, I thought I'd give them another try. I even found a great recipe to roast them with bacon and shallots, with a touch of maple syrup. Sounded so good. Reality.............under all that bacon, shallots and caramelized goodness..........remained that horrible, poopy tasting vegetable. lol I love savoy cabbage, red cabbage and some basic cabbage, so I'm not an avoider of anything cabbagy (?)..........but those little green orbs of nasty taste remain, for me, the most dreaded vegetable of all time. Was out with a friend last night, stopped in TJ Maxx, there on the shelf, was a jar of pickled hot brussel sprouts!! Pickled?? No thank you! :)
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    One day last week...think I may have some left...now talk to me about asparagus and then I am all "ewww" I think that tastes like grass...However, I do eat some occasionally (asparagus, not grass) 'cause it gives me variety.
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Last week at brunch. I used to hate them because my mother can't cook vegetables to save her life. She would boil the heck out of them leaving them just nasty and devoid of any nutrition.

I now roast them and look for other recipes. I found one that even got my father to love them and as far as I knew, he hated them. I think it is more about how you cook them.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I am eating brussels sprouts *right now*

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm brussels sprouts.... little green balls of deliciousness mmmmmmmmmm
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Brussels sprouts and bacon. Mmmmm

I like you. Bacon fixes everything...even brussel sprouts.
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Last week at brunch. I used to hate them because my mother can't cook vegetables to save her life. She would boil the heck out of them leaving them just nasty and devoid of any nutrition.

I now roast them and look for other recipes. I found one that even got my father to love them and as far as I knew, he hated them. I think it is more about how you cook them.
    So true, I wonder how many have hated them for years because of how our mothers fixed them. My mom would simply boiled them to death. It took me a lifetime to outgrow that.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    I am eating brussels sprouts *right now*

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm brussels sprouts.... little green balls of deliciousness mmmmmmmmmm

weird.gif
  • heatherterp
    heatherterp Posts: 239
    Options
    I never ate them growing up, but one day I had them roasted and they were amazing. Try it. I cut mine in 1/2 or 1/4 with some potatoes. Drisil with olive oil and roast till crispy. They become sweet and crunchy.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    A couple of days. I like them!
  • t1nk6
    t1nk6 Posts: 215
    Options
    Just last week. I love Brussels sprouts.

baby-shocked-gif.gif

hahahaha! i love them drenched in gravy... for christmas dinner only!
  • Elicur
    Elicur Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    About two weeks for me. But I like them, tastes so yummy like cabbage!!! Mmmmmm!
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    I never ate them growing up, but one day I had them roasted and they were amazing. Try it. I cut mine in 1/2 or 1/4 with some potatoes. Drisil with olive oil and roast till crispy. They become sweet and crunchy.

tumblr_inline_mkhaceM4bg1qz4rgp.gif
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'd eat them every day. Love them.
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    I'd eat them every day. Love them.

tumblr_inline_mm4y4eHtMw1qz4rgp.gif