Feeling Like a Piece of **** Loser

Options

Replies

• MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    If you think it, it will be so.
    Change your attitude.

We all fall off the wagon. Pick yourself up and move on. Lack of confidence is not attractive.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    maybe you should blog instead of making topics.

trying to reassure you doesnt seem to work

you seem like an *kitten*..she not on here for you to make her feel worse.keep your nasty comments to yourself..no one on here wants to hear negative comments

I do I do!!!!

Plus, the point was a valid one. Blogging could very well be a better venue for the continuous reassurances that OP needs (and her need to vent).
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    If you think it, it will be so.
    Change your attitude.

We all fall off the wagon. Pick yourself up and move on. Lack of confidence is not attractive.

That up there!

It's you against yourself.

If you think you are beaten, you are;
    If you think you dare not, you don't;
    If you'd like to win, but think you can't,
    It's almost certain that you won't.
    If you think you'll lose, you're lost,
    For out in the word we find that
    Success begins with a fellow's will,
    It's all in the state of mind.

If you think you're outclassed, you are;
    You've got to think high to rise.
    You've got to be sure of yourself before
    You can ever win a prize.
    Life's battles don't always go
    To the stronger or faster man;
    But sooner or later the man who wins
    Is the man who thinks he can.
  • dluberts
    dluberts Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt feel so bad.i binged last week at a buffet...yeah...made me feel like i was a 600 lb person that was at a buffet for that exact reason,to keep going up for more.but then later the realization was that one day of binging wasnt going to make me gain back all the weight ive lost.dont deprive yourself of the foods you crave,eat them occasionally.so that way you get that fix..or find alternatives.if you want ice cream try a fruit bar instead_edy's makes great fruit bars with less than 100 per fruit bar, i bought a box and each one only has 25 calories to it.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

you seem like an *kitten*..she not on here for you to make her feel worse.keep your nasty comments to yourself..no one on here wants to hear negative comments

That wasn't nasty. Truth is truth and this is a public forum. :flowerforyou:
  • dluberts
    dluberts Posts: 26 Member
    Options

I do I do!!!!

Plus, the point was a valid one. Blogging could very well be a better venue for the continuous reassurances that OP needs.
    no people dont want to hear negative remarks.they want positive criticism...theres a difference.one is to help the other will hinder becaus eits doing no good
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Why don't you look at that person's profile before you start name calling? She's been very helpful to a good number of people on here, and I'm so very sorry you had to read something that wasn't what you were expecting, but if you care more about success than teddy bear hugs, then I strongly suggest you STFU and listen a bit.

Watching someone beat themselves up post after post isn't pretty, and eventually others react negatively, or start "yelling."
  • Otterluv
    Options

I do I do!!!!

Plus, the point was a valid one. Blogging could very well be a better venue for the continuous reassurances that OP needs.
    no people dont want to hear negative remarks.they want positive criticism...theres a difference.one is to help the other will hinder becaus eits doing no good

wut?
  • mrswaite08
    mrswaite08 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I guess if I were you I would be more focused on figuring out how to prevent anymore lows. Did you skip a meal, is your insulin dosage too high? Did you eat too few carbohydrates at your last meal or snack?

I would get some individual servings of peanut butter (assuming you're not allergic) and keep them on hand. A serving of that should get your sugars back up the normal range. Lows suck for sure. Don't beat yourself up over it!
  • Otterluv
    Options

Why don't you look at that person's profile before you start name calling? She's been very helpful to a good number of people on here, and I'm so very sorry you had to read something that wasn't what you were expecting, but if you care more about success than teddy bear hugs, then I strongly suggest you STFU and listen a bit.

Watching someone beat themselves up post after post isn't pretty, and eventually others react negatively, or start "yelling."

QFT
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    Options
    And calling someone "an *kitten*" won't help anybody
  • jennibourne92
    Options
    I hear your pain and also have blood sugar problems. See if you can get a hold of a movie called "Hungry for Change" it changed the way I see food and it changed my life. It was the biggest eye opener and wake up call I had in my life! I hope it does the same for you.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    And calling someone "an *kitten*" won't help anybody

lol..Right! Exactly how is it okay for you to wag your finger and scold others when you do worse than what you are scolding about?
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    chocolate covered pomegranates

The endless combinations of chocolate covered stuff never ceases to amaze me.

Chocolate is as universal a food pairing as bacon! You can chocolate cover anything.

Chocolate covered bacon.

Mmmm.

Oh, and OP...

...uh...

...listen to the mostly awesome advice you're getting on this thread...

...and in all of your threads before it.

Actually I like chocolate covered espresso beans.

There has to be room in everyone's "diet" for espresso beans, booze, AND onion rings. This is supposed to be a lifestyle change you can LIVE with, permanently. If that meant no more onion rings, forever, well.. that'd suck. It means more good food than bad ON AVERAGE. Not every single day.

Each day is just a single piece of the puzzle that forms your life. It matters not what's on each piece. It matters what the picture looks like when you're finished.

Mmm, 2nd time I've come across the chocolate covered espresso beans thing today. I'm taking it as a sign & running with the idea of ordering some :tongue:
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

I do I do!!!!

You seem rather hypocritical.
    You're being negative to Crank and people don't want to hear negative, right?

OP, journaling - whether here or on paper could be very beneficial to you.
    It's one day and maybe getting some help is a good idea.
    It doesn't need to be all nothing because you're just making it harder for yourself.
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    Options
    I guess if I were you I would be more focused on figuring out how to prevent anymore lows. Did you skip a meal, is your insulin dosage too high? Did you eat too few carbohydrates at your last meal or snack?

I would get some individual servings of peanut butter (assuming you're not allergic) and keep them on hand. A serving of that should get your sugars back up the normal range. Lows suck for sure. Don't beat yourself up over it!

This is a very good point.

If your mood and depression as well as the unhealthy parts of your relationship with food is irrevocably linked to your blood sugar it seems it would be an excellent strategy to control your blood sugar to the best of your ability and let the rest happen more naturally.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    HON, PLEASE DON'T BE SO SAD. I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. IT'S OVER AND DONE WITH- WE ALL HAVE OUR DAYS LIKE THIS. WITH ME IT'S DEFINATELY ICE CREAM :-)
    CHIN UP AND JUMP RIGHT BACK IN TOMORROW. YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL PERSON INSIDE AND OUT, WE JUST CHOOSE TO BE MORE HEALTHY- TOGETHER. WE ALL STUMBLE AND HELP EACH OTHER PICK OURSELVES BACK UP. YOU HANG IN THERE AND I WILL TOO!

Why are you yelling?
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    Options

Chocolate is as universal a food pairing as bacon! You can chocolate cover anything.

Chocolate covered bacon.

Mmmm.

Oh, and OP...

...uh...

There has to be room in everyone's "diet" for espresso beans, booze, AND onion rings. This is supposed to be a lifestyle change you can LIVE with, permanently. If that meant no more onion rings, forever, well.. that'd suck. It means more good food than bad ON AVERAGE. Not every single day.

Each day is just a single piece of the puzzle that forms your life. It matters not what's on each piece. It matters what the picture looks like when you're finished.

Mmm, 2nd time I've come across the chocolate covered espresso beans thing today. I'm taking it as a sign & running with the idea of ordering some :tongue:

If someone quoted my chocolate covered espresso bean a second time I'd take that as a sign myself and go get me some as well!
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Chocolate covered bacon.

Mmmm.

Oh, and OP...

...uh...

If someone quoted my chocolate covered espresso bean a second time I'd take that as a sign myself and go get me some as well!

Never had it, but might try if I come across chocolate covered espresso beans.

.....Oh...

And quoted so now you have to go get them :devil:
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    Options
    Well.

Clearly it was meant to be. I think Walmart is open 24 hrs.