I ate 3,000 calories today, and...

Options

Replies

• CrimsonDiva7
    CrimsonDiva7 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Awesome post!!! I had a celebration today as well and consumed over 2000 calories so cheers to indulging without stress!!!
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Well my day is officially made. Thanks for this post!!
  • zumbajheri
    zumbajheri Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I felt bad I ate all da cooooooookieeees!:blushing: :cry: :glasses:
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    You stated what most people forget.... we need to learn to live with food.... not treat it and our bodies like the enemy.
    I love food, I love how good clean food makes my body feel, I also like to have something I don't usually eat once in a while, and like you, I couldn't care less.
    I don't hate myself for it, I just put it in its place as a treat.
    I don't call it a cheat, I don't call it anything, its just fkn food!
    We gotta live. Personally I love going out for dinner - or a dance and a few drinks.
    When you are scared of food, when you are placed in a position where you have to make choices, you freak out and stuff your face till you cant move.
    When you look at it as just food and a great social night out etc, then you enjoy it without eating like you are going to die without ever seeing junk again.
  • Butterfly_emerging
    Options
    Awesome post!! Thank you!! :-)
  • misssophieleigh
    misssophieleigh Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I love you for this. I ate like crap today after telling myself I wouldn't and this makes me feel loads better. Thank you.
  • radcliff17
    radcliff17 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    :)
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Cheers!! :)
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I like you :happy:
  • cupcakegirl81
    cupcakegirl81 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Options
    Well said. It's hard, at first, to feel like going over isn't the end of the world. But, you're right. One day here and there is nothing compared to the big picture. :happy:
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I ate a little over 3000 cals yesterday too. I wasn't full but between 3000 - 4000 cals, I get bored of eating. I really don't stress over cals. I know if I'm in a terrible deficit, I wake up hungry a day or two after and I'll definitely eat a healthy high cal breakfast. I still hit my weekly goal. But it is interesting how the body signal works.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Great post :flowerforyou:
  • yellowsnowdrop
    yellowsnowdrop Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    THIS is the post I've been waiting for. Today i have to go and eat with the family (Sunday lunch) and have been getting a tad freaked out about it however I've been under my calorie goal eveyday this week so I guess in the grand acheme of things one Sunday lunch won't ruin things.
    THANK YOU.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    ★Like★
    This post on this topic is one of the most intelligible
    explanations for so many MFPs. Most of us have
    been there. Thanks for articulating it. :)
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    261d1237578946t-super-funny-animated-gifs-chuck_norris.gif

YES!!! I got Chuck Norris' approval! Finally an accomplishment I can be proud of :happy:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Awesome post. I have to admit I'm jealous though, I'd be so sick if I did that.
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I had a week where I lost my appetite(due to stress and other things) and under ate by about 400 calories each day, and all of a sudden yesterday I was starving! So I had 4 slices of pizza, some ice-cream, some chocolate and some wine! I decided not to log it all haha.

I doubt I have put on any weight from it, and today I am back to normal.
  • jadermary
    jadermary Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I needed that reminder :happy:
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Great post! I have days like that too and it has not slowed my progress at all!