Hardest thing about losing weight...

Options
12346»

Replies

• umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Sticking to the exercise routine and eating routines consisently is the most difficult point in losing weight. People who are more disciplined lose more weight and quickly too. Consistency is the KEY!!
  • DaFrogRibbit
    DaFrogRibbit Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    All those LIES and Sabotage that we tell and do to ourselves.
  • gigila72
    gigila72 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    :wink: The old eating habits come back so easy when I'm stressed or haven't taken the time to plan my breakfast and lunches.
  • gigila72
    gigila72 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    So well put!
  • sharon_moyer
    sharon_moyer Posts: 177
    Options
    wanting results when I want them and not when my body feels like showing me results(my scale shows me a weight loss like once a month):ohwell:
  • ldnmaggie
    ldnmaggie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Patience :-((

If i don't see results immediatly i just give up get unmotivated
  • EpitomeOfSxy
    EpitomeOfSxy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I find the hardest thing is trying to find what my body responds well to, both diet and exercise wise. I dislike the guessing game. I never know if I am overdoing it, not doing enough, eating too little or not enough when long plateaus hit.
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Losing the body fat & keeping my weight down :(
  • jpalocy77
    jpalocy77 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    pushing myself to exercise stronger and harder... remembering one bad day is not failure is a hard one too...sometimes I just want to give up and say "I screwed it up I'm done" I'm trying to keep motivated by reading material, and remembering how far i've come! :)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Losing the last body fat %.
  • mrslosser
    mrslosser Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Mine is all of the above...LOL I think developing the confidence in myself to do this. My willpower has been deflated for so long. Learning self discipline is the hardest thing. I used to look for excuses to not workout if I didn't feel like it or to eat what I wanted but now even if I don't have a whole hour to hit the gym I go anyways and do what I can. It all makes a difference and I have to keep reminding myself I will be so glad I did work out or glad I didn't eat that donut that Judy brought in to work for me. That is my true struggle. Learning not to think and just do what I know needs to be done.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Maintaining it. The weight loss part was short-lived. The rest is for life.
  • daniellebstcyr
    Options
    For me it's just the plugging along. It was nice in the beginning to see the pounds fall off, but as I get closer to my goal weight (which I'm happy to say I adjusted down twice), it's going slower and slower. The other thing was trusting people when they said to eat more calories. For me, that's counter-intuitive, but what do you know, it works.

I always have to remind myself, if I had a bad day, that doesn't give me permission to have a bad week.
  • erin4609
    erin4609 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hands down social situations for me. I don't know why I care what other people think! I also follow a stricter diet because of health reasons other than just losing weight, so I have to say no to a lot of foods!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Losing bodyfat!!
  • missjojo31
    missjojo31 Posts: 150
    Options
    staying on track
  • Johanne1957
    Johanne1957 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Patience is the big one for me.
    ^^^ This for me too...this time, I 'got' that it's not an overnight project!!!
  • 9chimera11
    9chimera11 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    How long it takes.....

^ this...
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    I find it hard that it takes time: I've just hit 3 months and I've only lost 9kgs (19.84 lbs). Which sounds huge in and of itself, but I've still got another 11kgs (and maybe another 2-5 on top of that) to go.

I also find it tough to really stick with it. The past two weeks I have been lacking the motivation and will power to stick with it (luckily even though I wasn't "on" I wasn't "off" either. I still made much better choices than I would have 4 months ago and seem not to have gained weight) and its really hitting home that I am going to have to really be invested and focused to keep losing, as well as work really hard in the gym
  • xoxdollyxox
    xoxdollyxox Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think the cravings are a big killer for me... and dealing with trying to eat well over the weekends. I always give myself Saturdays to eat what I like with no counting cals and it hasn't hindered my weight loss at all.. its when liquid calories on the weekend that do that!

Also exercise... I still.. even after 5 months don't enjoy to much exercise :yawn: While I do some.. its prob not as often as a lot of people on here!