When to let go??

Options

Replies

• araromi2
    araromi2 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You are not God...you can't even save yourself,talkless of someone else.I don't have the time to post on every friends wall and if someone wanted to delete me because of it...I wouldn't care...social media isn't my life...some people create a world on the web and it becomes their life...You lost all this weight...great...you didn't do what has never been done...and if you really wanted to help others you'd disclose how you lost it...which you don't in your profile.Its really not that serious...if you refuse to help someone in need and that person is destined to be helped someone else will do it ...when you help others you help yourself...any rate...good luck and I wish you continued success
    “The quality of mercy is not strained. It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven Upon the place beneath. It is twice blessed: It blesseth him that gives and him that takes." ~shakespeare
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Why do you feel you need support? Can't you just do it on your own? If you are such a motivational shining light as you seem to think you are, then you know how to do it, and you already HAVE done it, so just do it, cupcake.
  • haidos
    haidos Posts: 69
    Options
    Wow.

your profile says you have 19 friends on here so i'm not sure where you're getting hassled.
    If its by randoms just ignore them.
    if you're looking for support I think you've gone the wrong way about it but congrats on your weightloss so far.
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    WOW> Thanks for the lolpost this morning, I needed it!

The longer I'm on MFP, the more looney toons I see.

eta: spellingz
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    In for the gifs.

tGzNnw0.gif

Congratulations on your weight loss. I think your followers can handle it from here. =)
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    I hope this isn't your biggest problem in life? Seems very dramatic.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Messiah complex on line one, please hold.

i don't hold, i'm the messiah!

You're not the messiah, you're a very naughty girl.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    bump
  • spidey11186
    spidey11186 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    1) (and I'm saying this because of your claim of fame) Who are you? I've been here for 1.5 years and don't recall you.

2) Being famous on the internet isn't really something to be proud about. Cats are popular. I don't think they care.

3) Congrats on your work and progress. Keep at it.

4) If you feel like you're giving too much support and not recieving it... heres an idea... cut those friends lose...

5) If you wanna walk away, thats fine. If you wanna just lose the weight without any friends, i'm sure that would be fine too. I decline abotu 20 friend requests per week. People talk behind my back. I don't really care because I like having a small number.

tl;dr: you should feel free to do whatever you wish. Including thinking that you're to famous for mfp and not using paragraphs

Hi Taunto! :-)
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Often times people like myslef are taken for granted and are used and not viewed as people but public figures of some sort. While i did not ask for this <snip>
    I think that your alleged "public-figure" life should be the least of your worries.......
    Just a thought.....
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    bump because sharing is caring. ;)
  • SteveStedge
    Options
    You sound like you need a job or a therapist because you're living in a fantasy land where you think anyone gives a ****. They don't. You're not famous, you're not a celebrity. Anyone who has that much time to add "thousands" of people is probably living off the taxpayers.
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Rich people problems
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I do kinda get where she's coming from, because there's been times I've felt overwhelmed when I feel like I'm just muddling my way through this, and people keep asking me questions on what they should eat, what they should do, etc. And I find it absolutely ridiculous that they ask me because I'm a nobody who hasn't accomplished much.

If you feel overwhelmed simply tell them, "Honestly, I'd love to help, but you'd be better off asking this on the forum where you'd get a variety of opinions from people with more knowledge than I have."
  • KReduced
    KReduced Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    35iszg1.gif

:drinker: :flowerforyou: :laugh:
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you meant to come across as strongly as you did.

I've been here a while and I've never seen you, nice to meet you.

If you want real advice, keep your friends list small, and don't ask for friends. I only have a few friends I've picked up along the way. We are all at different points in our journey and I support them when they are struggling and give them fluffs and oats on the back when they make a goal. I don't think any of them expect me to come and plan their meals and weigh out their food.

This is the Internet, and while I've met some of my best friends on the Internet, everyone on the Internet is not responsible for how I feel about myself or what my success in any area of my life is.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    bump because sharing is caring. ;)

SySrLta.gif
  • NathanFronk
    NathanFronk Posts: 137 Member
    Options

1) (and I'm saying this because of your claim of fame) Who are you? I've been here for 1.5 years and don't recall you.

Yah, I've been on here for a year daily.... no recollection of you at all, and I get the feeling you are someone I would remember.

This thread is funny. Very.
  • jodsap
    jodsap Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hiya- you have completed a big step in your life losing the weight. Its time to get on to other things and those people that you helped... that hasn't changed.... you helped them. They have to find their own path in their own way too.

Move on...enjoy what new chapter in your life you have worked hard for.
This discussion has been closed.