30 Day Shred - Anyone want to join me ?

Options

Replies

• BeccyBerry
    BeccyBerry Posts: 312
    Options
    Day 6/Level 1 complete!

I still have trouble during that 4th set of jumping jacks! I think it's all in my head and it's really ticking me off! I'm finding that when I shred in the morning, I crave a good power walk in the afternoon! That's great in theory, but I'm having a really hard time eating all the calories I am supposed to because it's counter-intuitive! I'm no longer starving and craving with all the exercise!

I started reading Jillian Michaels' "Master your Metabolism" to help figure things out and it's really interesting so far. Is anyone else reading this?

Have a great day everyone!

I had a day off between day 11 and 12. Day 12 hurt so baaaaaaaaaaaaad as a result. I was all achy like when I first started. I am definately not having another day off lol
  • BeccyBerry
    Options
    Way to go fellow shredders at whatever stage you are =D

Keep up the good work, we can do this xx
  • claygal123
    claygal123 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

I'm in day 20 of it, and have lost a couple of belt notches. Need some inspiration to keep going, I want to get to level 3!
  • Katy213
    Katy213 Posts: 45
    Options
    I have just done day 1 of level 1 of this and can't believe how intense it is! Will stick with it, hoping to see some results fairly quickly. Good luck everyone! :smile:
  • jesse14472
    jesse14472 Posts: 161
    Options
    Day 4/Level 1 is done. Walked for 3 1/2 hrs yesterday at an art fair, so my right knee was a bit tender today. Hopefully it will work itself out. Weighed in at 194.5 this morning, which is a gain of 1 lb. I am hoping it is water from the high sodium foods yesterday at the art fair. The anterial arm raises were burning my shoulders today, too. However, I can really feel the difference in my stamina from day 1 already. I'm not nearly as winded. Still sweaty, but it's good! LOL. Keep up the great work everyone!
  • ChristineLeary
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up!
  • ChristineLeary
    Options
    Day 8/Level 1 to do today. It's a rainy miserable day and I don't think it will let up for my walk today so I'm going to try to really push hard through this one. I went WAY over my calories last night even though I only ate 1/2 of everything I ordered for dinner at the cheesecake factory! Oh, well. Back to work today. I'm worried that I'm getting tired of all of this counting!
  • eastcoaster
    Options
    I don't know about this. I am new and also new to trying to lose weight in a long time. Can u tell me about it? Also is it doable for someone who needs double knee replacements?

Thanks
    Tina

My knees are starting to hurt me a lot, and I am not someone that needs knee replacements. I don't have the best knees though. The exercises are hard impact. My knees have been really bothering me these last couple days. Today I am on Level 2, Day 3.
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I can imagine if you have bad knees that they would hurt. My hurt a little too. And I'm only on the 1st level. Just finished Level 1, Day 2. A long way to go, but it will be worth it if I get results. Thanks to all you who have posted ahead of me.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Suppose to do Day 8 of level 1 today, but considering taking the day off. Did the 7 days in a row. Just cant decide whether to jump in and do it, or just do day 8 tomorrow.
  • BeccyBerry
    Options
    I had another cheeky day off yesterday, so frustrating since I only said yesterday I wasnt having any more days off... :blushing:

I did do 10 minutes of my blast off belly fat dvd, but only managed to get halfway through the shred :grumble:

but today i've done level 1 & level 2 to make up for my lame attempt yesterday. Its amazing how much more I can get done when I get up early and dont have the kids coming in every 5 seconds to ask ''are you done yet'' :laugh:
  • Tiwi
    Tiwi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! OMG!!! Day 1 just finished level 1 session for the day for the first time ever. I thought I was gonna pass out and die right on the mat. My goodness am I out of shape. It must working because right now every bit of me hurts. I ache in places I never knew could ache.
    I keep telling myself it's worth it. It was only 20 minutes but wow. Ok I sound crazy right now but I'm actually happy. Does anyone know how to enter the exercise into the calculator bit. You know the actual breakdowns. I know it's cardio, strength and abs but it's the calculations bit that's got me. How are you all inputting yours?

I feel so proud of myself because I managed to put that dvd on and I just did it (I did stop here and there) but hey I did it. Just that alone has given me strength to remind myself that I can do this. That WE can do this ladies. Will let you know how day 2, 3, 4 -30 go
  • eastcoaster
    Options
    I was told to do 22 minutes of Circuit Training, General
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Level 1, Day 3 - FINISHED. I don't want to say its getting easier, but just maybe.
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hi you all

Great to see how great evryone is doing. me mysef haven't. I dedcided to stop the shred for now. I just got really bored of it and find it really hard to motivate myself. As i have heard it so many times I can speak a long with the dvd. I just want something a bit more fun.
    i will order Turbo Jam today. I think it is more my cup of tea.

I wish you all the good luck and hopefully meet you again on another thread!

keep up the good wrok ladies!
  • yellowcorvettegirl
    Options
    I was actually thinking about starting it again. I have done it in the past and it is a killer, but the results are awesome! When do we start? :smile:
  • ehwilson30
    ehwilson30 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'll do it! I have the dvd but can't seem to get motivated to do it! Maybe this is the jolt I need! Count me in!
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    For those of you who says it gets boring. Why don't you do it every other day and mix up the levels. Do cardio on the other days. I
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Have you guys done any other videos with her like the cardio ones?
  • ChristineLeary
    Options
    Day 9 Level 1 done! I'm pleasantly surprised to see I did day 8 yesterday! This morning I was thinking that I was on day 8!

Also did my 2.85 mile walk in the rain. Cold, wet, windy, sweaty...how strange! But I did it and got to hear more of my book!

Here's my weekly data for Shredding.

Starting........................today (8/23)

Bust 42 1/2 ....................... 41 1/2
    Waist 39 .............................37
    Hips 44 .............................42 1/2
    Butt & Thighs 46 ............................ 45 1/4
    Arms 13..............................12 1/2
    Thighs 25 1/2....................... 25

Unfortunately my weight keeps fluctuating. I'd lost 8 since August 2, and then put 4 back, then lost the 4 again and this morning I'm back up 3. Clothes starting to feel better but really need to focus on the food I think. I am consistently below calorie intake but only because I'm shredding and walking. I can't seem to eat the extra 500+ calories and it feels counter intuitive!