Success stories by upping calories PLEAS

Options

Replies

• beautyonthebeach83
    beautyonthebeach83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Following this post because I just upped my calories Tuesday. I was sick of being hangry all the time and wasn't losing much anyway, so even if it doesn't work for me the not being hangry is a win in itself.

By the way, clean eaters and "real foodies" feel free to add me. :)
  • hilaryhill
    hilaryhill Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I just started MFP a few weeks ago, but I started at the infamous 1200 calorie mark that MFP spit out at me. That lasted about a day, haha. Then I read on the forums about the TDEE - 20% thing so I started doing that. Now, Im breastfeeding so I did add about 400 cal to that number for that, but Im eating 2200 cal + exercise cal and Ive lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks.
  • TMcChamp
    TMcChamp Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post and all the replies!!
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BluthLover
    BluthLover Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hoping to be a success story here soon !!
  • Mommypeanut
    Options
    Bump
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I hit a period of five weeks where I didn't lose weight as I was stupidly eating 1200, I upped it to 1700 and the weight started moving. Been doing it ever since and losing slowly but surely :D
  • PrimalPixie
    PrimalPixie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Don't feel sorry for me, as I truly enjoy what I eat, just as I'm assuming you do.

Love this! I don't feel sorry for myself as I eat ribeyes for dinner dipped in the most amazing homemade mayo with sweet potato fries. :happy:
    Ditto!! Well, except for the mayo. I would love your homemade mayo recipe though. =p
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • jmzz1
    jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    since eating according to tdee
    im doing awesome!
  • GrannyGwen1
    GrannyGwen1 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Success Stories
    Topic: Success stories by upping calories PLEASE

BUMP
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Over the past several months I have upped my calories from 1250-1400 all the way to 1800-2200.
    (On day;s I do very hard workouts I let myself eat until I'm not hungry...all healthy, high protein foods...so sometimes I go up to 2500.)
    I gained three pounds at first, but then I went back to my normal weight. Now am lifting weights, so I have not lost any more weight, but I have lost inches off my waist and hips YAY! Inches matter to me more then the number on the scale :happy:
    tyhe best thing about actually eating is
    A-I can afford more healthy fats in my diet. My energy level is SO much higher then it used to be.
    B- I always struggled with acne, but now that I am giving my body the nutrients it needs my skin glows, and I only get an occasional zit from hormonal flux lol
    C-With the increase in protein, my nails stopped splitting, my hair is stronger, I feel full through out the the day
    D-I almost never get sick anymore

I regret the years I spent on a super restricted calorie diet doing nothing but cardio to lose weight. I feel like it was a waste (it kept me somewhat thin, but o muscles or energy ever...) I am healthier and happier now! Everybody is looking for a quick fix. I'll just slash my calories in half and be fine... but no one thinks about the long term repercussions to starving their body. Slow and steady wins the race. :flowerforyou:
  • Tanana66
    Tanana66 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Day 1 was Jan 1, Day 171 was a few days ago. Went from 181.5lbs, 42%BF, Size 12 US pants to 160lbs 19.7%, Size 6 US pants.

Routine: 30DS for two months, Stronglifts 5x5 / Heavy Lifting from Mar to present. Also started Couch 25k, running for 25 minutes at the moment. Eat 2300 on active days, up to 1900 on rest. Five years ago, I tried eating 1400 cals which was what was recommended to me - I lasted two weeks and continued to be skinny fat until January of this year when I decided to eat properly.

19593344_9224.jpg

Day 8: f3e5844d-c634-4fab-801b-b580ec2e4660_zps02b2b13a.jpg

Day 171: 19593344_1442.jpg
  • dawniee
    dawniee Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone ! this is really great to go for! i'm totally doing it as i'm very close to my goal weight and i seemed to be at a stand still for over a month plus...plus i love food too much to not eat more! bumping for later!!
  • Balance_Breathe
    Options
    Saving for future reference
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Mine is here.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1002861-61lbs-15-bf-buned-in-365-days-very-pic-heavy

I eat about 2000 calories a day and am still losing.
  • JSTworkinout
    JSTworkinout Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    How do you increase your muscle mass after weight loss if i eat the same calories i have been im still loosing i don't need to loose more fat i need muscle but my body seems to be getting smaller with out much muscle mass im guessing i need to add more protien or more fat to my diet but that means increase calories also ??? Don't know how to accheive what i want now that the fat is gone i do lift weights and a lot of cardio im 42 weigh 121 people say i look sick now
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    That is an excellent question. I'm quite curious about that as well. Everybody says "eat more, starvation mode, bla bla bla". Has anybody actually reached a plateau and then lost some more weight by increasing calories?

I have! Was eating between 1200-1400 and smacked into an unmoving brick wall, then I upped my cals to 1500- 1700 a day and am losing steadily again.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!