How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• adwilliams03
    adwilliams03 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I personally weigh myself twice a week: on Sundays and Thursdays. I just like to make sure I'm on the basic right track. :)
  • apexgtp
    apexgtp Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I weight-in daily, although everyday does not show progress. Doing it this way I'm able to stop any bad habits before it becomes a real problem. I loving seeing the scale go down so if it doesnt "every day" i try extra hard the following day to reward myself with seeing progress on the scale.
  • mizzoudays
    mizzoudays Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    After any exceptional trip to the bathroom.
  • fallingken
    fallingken Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Once a month when I go to visit my Dr. I have no desire to try to watch it daily, or weekly. I know I am eating less than I am burning and just the looser clothing is enough to let me know it's working. I also have bought new clothes 4" smaller and need to order new uniform for work.
  • steve6331
    steve6331 Posts: 4
    Options
    I was just about to asked a similar question. My official weigh-in day is Thursday (that is the one that I put on MFP whether it is good or bad. But, I was wondering whether you weight in the morning, noon or in the afternoons, because it seems mine is different at different times of the day.

Likewise I weigh in at the same time each week (monday around 0700) and record whatever it is on MFP good or bad.
    I have been losing weight since christmas with my collegues at work and with family at home. the support is key, dont try to do things on your own as the temptation to give up is too great.
    As you can see I've lost a little in that time, with the help of my supporters, I excercise more and keep a close eye on what I eat, fats , sugars etc.
    DOnt worry if you gain one week, make sure you lose the next, use MFP daily and record everthing
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    i was an everyday er lol but now im once a week to once a month, i like big numbers lol
  • Faery_Dust
    Faery_Dust Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Previously once a week but am now losing weight under the doctors / dietician supervision so it will be once a month at the surgery. I'll get my husband to hide the battery in our scales at home lol.
  • gogoyubarino
    gogoyubarino Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Once every three weeks or so.
  • missjojo31
    missjojo31 Posts: 150
    Options
    every morning for me, but i only log once a week
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    After any exceptional trip to the bathroom.

Lol!!!!!!!

I have a real problem. I have to get on it every single morning. i hate that and want it to change to once a week.
  • Jennikitten
    Jennikitten Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, I don't mind if the number doesn't change but I like to know that I am on the right lines. I also like to know if there are any triggers for weight gain.

I might weigh myself less often when I get closer to my goal weight
  • CHeMoTaCTiC
    CHeMoTaCTiC Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Every single morning right after waking up. I track weight outside of MFP too so that I can keep a 4-week running average and this flattens out daily fluctuations and let's me see the real, over-time trend in my weight.

9e371f95-e1e4-46b9-b4bd-504a159a50b8.jpg
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Daily, but I only 'officially' log my weight on Friday mornings...
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    @Chem...what website do you use for your daily weights??
  • louisegibbs85
    louisegibbs85 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I weigh naked every Friday morning after having a wee if it's TOM I skip a week :smile:

This is exactly what I was about to write, I also wear the same clothes when weighing and use this day as a treat day too so that i have the rest of the week to be good and stay on track :) I don't own an scales so use the machine at my local boots store, nice to beable to keep the printed off tickets from the machine to see how far I've come :)

(Except the naked part, I don't stand in the shop n weigh myself naked lol ... scar people for life! Haha)
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    once a week monday morning
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Twice a day, but I only log my Tuesday AM weight into MFP.
  • JPitbull91
    JPitbull91 Posts: 33
    Options
    once a week before work on a monday morning at boots! for 50p! and if i pay 70p it does my bodyfat aswell! not sure how accurate this is....
  • MetamorphosisMe
    MetamorphosisMe Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh my self every other day, to keep track. But I don't always record it if I loose. And I do so in the mornings after going to the bathroom and before having anything to eat or drink.
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I weigh 1-2 times a week. I try to only do it once but I want to make sure I am not slipping up lol.