Escape from FB

Options
124»

Replies

• NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    love facebook for networking and getting connected to all parts of my past. I am using it as a diary of sorts for my children to enjoy someday. It makes the world really small. I loooove MFP too. I bare my soul here. Facebook is more of a journeling of major events :)
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I hate to admit it but I've become addicted to Facebook. So I gave my friend my password and had her change it for me this past Friday. I've definitely gotten more done since then (hell, yesterday I did laundry, updated my resumes and cover letters, applied for several jobs w/ benefits, and went for a run). I told her I will ask for the new password today but I think I'll hold off for several more days. This feels liberating. :-D
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I think people think they sound cool when they say they don't have a Facebook account. Like people who say they don't own a TV. I've had my account since it was new and restricted to college users and I don't plan on ditching it anytime soon. And I see nothing wrong with it. A lot of the time, I would rather communicate through Facebook because I'm much better at writing than talking on the phone.

Except for the first sentence I agree with this wholeheartedly. I'm not saying I'm on Facebook because I think it's cool to not be or I'm trying to be holier than thou - I'm not on Facebook because I just don't want to be. I'm also not saying there isn't a place for sites like FB, if it works for you then it's a great tool. I just prefer not to be for the reasons I said in my previous post. I'm not bashing it, I just answered the OP's question........
  • nee90
    nee90 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Deleted my account about 2 years ago! I feel great! Didn't miss it at all....
    I stopped spending my time on stupid games just because a friend invited me...and now i have time to see my friend in reall for a coffee or sth...
    I don't spent so much time sitting on the computer... so I move more (and burn more calories!!!!Yeah!)

Didn't miss anything... just took my life back and earned extra time that I didn't know I had!!!
  • Daniele1213
    Daniele1213 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I despise FB. I also get very insulted if someone invites me to something on fb....If you really want me there then give me a call. I have an account, but only use it to contact relatives, if I can't get a hold of them any other way....especially out of the country. I really could care less about what someone is doing every single minute............then they say they don't have enough time in a day. Hello????
  • kliermann
    kliermann Posts: 514
    Options
    being in the military over seas facebook is like the only way to keep in touch with all your old friends and family soooooo i dont think i could get rid of it ever or i would lose touch with soooo many people
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I despise FB. I also get very insulted if someone invites me to something on fb....If you really want me there then give me a call. I have an account, but only use it to contact relatives, if I can't get a hold of them any other way....especially out of the country. I really could care less about what someone is doing every single minute............then they say they don't have enough time in a day. Hello????

Wow. To get insulted because someone used a common and socially acceptable method of invitation? That's like getting insulted for being invited to a birthday party because they used e-vites or, god forbid, old fashioned paper invitations. None of that for you! Pick up the phone or don't bother, right? Just... wow.

And really, the notion that facebook is nothing more than a place where idiots post their every interaction throughout the day is just ignorant. If you have stupid friends, they will post stupid things. If you have entertaining and intelligent friends, your newsfeed is a very interesting and enjoyable place to be.
  • megabyt23
    megabyt23 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I deactivated my fb account over a year ago, and I totally agree! It's so nice!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I despise FB. I also get very insulted if someone invites me to something on fb....If you really want me there then give me a call. Hello????
    Well then, with that nasty attitude, I wouldn't want you there, anyway.

I recently had a girls' night at my house. I invited 29 people. Was I supposed to spend hours and hours callnig each of them when I could spend 5 minutes creating a FB invite?

I guess your time is more valuable than mine, huh?
  • KevinPsalm23v4
    KevinPsalm23v4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Facebook members are so fake (vast majority of the time - this is sad that it even applies to some family members). Facebook - some people actually shunned me for getting so "Fat" as they called it.

In June 2012 - I weighed 300+ and by June 2013 I weigh an even 260.

MyFitnessPal members offered advice, friendship and they are so positive in praise! My-Fitness-Pal members are awesome, sincere and honestly the best around!