I hate my my wedding dress now :(

Options

Replies

• tsdaughe
    tsdaughe Posts: 88
    Options
    I am surprised if they did appropriate measuring and markings how it wasn't taken in better to fit your new figure. That being said, I love the way your dress flows. It is very pretty on you. I really agree with the sash idea. Maybe a color that matches your colors. I myself am getting married in 13 days. I went in 4 weeks ago for my dress fitting. I had lost so much they are having to take it in everywhere. I didn't really like how I looked in it compared to how I looked it in when I bought it. However, the lady is alterations, anticipating I will lose more with wedding stress, took it in nice and snug and said if I come in they will rush more alterations to make it fit right. I go in thursday for the final fitting. I am wearing a strapless dress and I am using a lilac colored sash. It really makes the dress and everything pop. At least my wedding shop, has some sashes on hand. Go in there with your dress and try on some sashes. You can get some that are just colored, that are thinner, or thicker, some even have stones on them.

But I bet once your hair and make up is done, jewerly is on, you will look and feel gorgeous!
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Try getting a really pretty crystal sash to bring the waist in :flowerforyou:
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I think the dress looks really nice, but I agree with the first response, a ribbon around the waist or even higher like and empire waist would look nice. You could add a colored one to match your décor.
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    That dress is very pretty. If you are worried about the waist then a satin sash or ribbon could bring the waist in to make it look more defined. But, you look great.
  • jadermary
    jadermary Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    So I didn't alter my dress, I just decided to eat normally and not diet the last week..that helped a little. It ended up still being a little big on me in the mid-section but that's ok...we had a wonderful wedding :):drinker:

1011296_619715208047880_1260158001_n.jpg[/URL]
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    So I didn't alter my dress, I just decided to eat normally and not diet the last week..that helped a little. It ended up still being a little big on me in the mid-section but that's ok...we had a wonderful wedding :):drinker:

You look wonderful!
  • jadermary
    jadermary Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I think I went a little bridezilla the days leading up to the wedding lol! I let little things upset me so much. Back to normal now though. :blushing:
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    You look GORGEOUS!! And totally thin in the waist! So glad you were happy with it in the end (so easy to get a bit crazy before the wedding!)

Congratulations!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! So happy and beautiful - and the dress looks lovely on you.
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! And I'll bet you were a lot more comfortable at the wedding than you would have been if you had had it taken in. Congratulations!!
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options

You look just stunning! I'm glad it all worked out for you.
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Wow- you looked beautiful, add it was definitely not a wedding dress to hate!

Thanks for the update.
  • Fallon0413
    Fallon0413 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    you look beautiful! Really I think you are seeing something different than we are. And trust me, your wedding day will be wonderful no matter how you look... you wont even have time to think about it and all that really matters is that you're marrying the man you love! Trust me, everything will be fine. You really do look great!
  • Fallon0413
    Fallon0413 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    lol I missed the update somehow... glad you ended up happy in the end :)
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    You are one gorgeous woman and that dress is amazing! I'm glad you had a great wedding :)
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    You look stunning!

Congratulations :flowerforyou:
  • peacemongernc
    peacemongernc Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    the dress still looks beautiful just a little loose in the waist. Maybe you could try a sash to cinch it in make it fit a bit better. Hope is not lost. you still have time.

Brillant idea. Love the dress

I agree with this! I LOVE your dress! I was watching one of those bad cable wedding dress shows last week and I remember one dress where they decided to add a ribbon belt with a sparkly rhinestone "buckle" and it just MADE the dress! It was an ivory lace dress also. I wonder if a bridal shop would have something like that on hand? But no matter what, it is a lovely dress and congratulations on both your weight loss and your wedding. :) I hope it is wonderful!
  • peacemongernc
    peacemongernc Posts: 253 Member
    Options

You look just stunning! I'm glad it all worked out for you.
    :) Yep!

I should have looked for the update first. :)
  • 4jamaica
    4jamaica Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Oops! Posted and realized the wedding happened. Congrats!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,718 Member
    Options
    You look like a beautiful mermaid in that dress. Glad you had a happy day.