Tattoos and Working out

Options
2»

Replies

• StrongFitSexy
    Options
    I'm getting a tattoo on my ribs too very soon, but I would still work out:) Tattoos can't stop me!
  • kju52
    kju52 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    technically you could work out the same day
  • TikiTony13
    TikiTony13 Posts: 323
    Options
    never had any issues training after a tat.might be a little sore first couple of days tho
  • Sarahonly
    Sarahonly Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I didn't work out when I got my foot tattoo, but I guess that's just me. I didn't want to risk the rubbing of the sock/shoes and possible colour loss. (I also had a friend who got one on each foot and they swelled three times their size, so there's that too).

As for other areas, I wore loose clothing and it was fine. I just don't like the thought of friction on a new tattoo.

edited b/c I can't type today :P
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I was worried about this with my most recent one, but my artist told me its nothing to worry about. Just don't let it get saturated with water or sweat for an extended time.
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I think it entirely depends on a lot of factors, where you're getting it, how many hours you need to sit for, if the artist has a heavy hand, etc. I have over a dozen tattoos and most didn't bother me. But I sat for 8 1/2 hours in one session on my thigh and couldn't walk for 2 days after, so obviously that slowed me down. Just listen to your body.
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Ive gone to the gym 20 mins after being inked
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    ive got tatoos had them for years, cant show you cos one is on my boob and the other is on my back, but when i loose some more i wont a new one, by the way im 66 in a few months.
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    ive got tatoos had them for years, cant show you cos one is on my boob and the other is on my back, but when i loose some more i wont a new one, by the way im 66 in a few months.
    that's awesome....

I'm getting a half sleeve friday, I worked out after a few days on my last one but he suggested I wait a week on this one....I was thinking I could walk for a week.....or do some C25K. I'm currently doing weight work and T25 Beta.