Does anyone else actually find this fun?

Options
2»

Replies

• LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I use to be hooked on Facebook! Now I am here all the time. Either checking on myself, or all of my new found friends that I love so dearly for sharing this journey with me! Goodluck in all your work!

Exactly the same with me!

Facebook's okay, but I was getting bored with it, whereas with this site, there is a real purpose behind it and it is extremely useful.

I have enjoyed every single minute being on here, no word of a lie!
  • billgiersberg
    Options
    I just found this website after a friend showed me a site she was using that tracked what she ate. I picked this site because it interfaces with the iPhone. Yes, I do find it useful to track what I eat as well as my exercise. I have been working out for several months now and have been watching what I eat. I lost about 20 pounds which I figure might be the easy pounds. Now I am getting organized to lose the remainder to reach my long term goal which is to get back to my college weight by next summer. I have not really made any friends here but I notice that most of the folks here are women. That's nice but I would like to find some guys around my age who use the equipment I use for strength and cardio exercise and who have similar long term goals in weight loss.

Oh by the way, I also use Facebook but the employer has blocked it at work. I only use it to play Mafia Wars anyway but that has been pushed aside until later in the evening by my exercise routines.
  • CMAB
    CMAB Posts: 21
    Options
    What everybody said. This place is awesome! :)
  • eljaskow
    eljaskow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes! I am addicted to this site. I've only been on for a week and can't stay away. Even got the boyfriend hooked with me, soooo nice to have the extra support. We are having so much fun with it!
  • hopfroggyfrog
    Options
    Yes, I do find this site fun as well. I've been looking for something just like this for so long! I'm so happy to see how many people are going through the same thing as me. And I'm so happy to have all these foods and exercises to track. It really keeps me on track knowing that I will have to come here and log my calories and be accountable for myself. I can't imagine going through the day without some form of exercise, because I can't wait to log in at night and track my calories.
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Yep, what's not to love the people here are very helpful and supportive, the staff are great (Thanks Mike!) and I find having the app on my iPhone makes it stupid easy for me to keep things updated, yeah, I'm an addict too...... in a GOOD way :bigsmile:
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I do think it is fun. Just another excuse to play with my ipad! Of course on a bad food day...it's not so fun. Glad I found MFP.
  • Crystleen
    Crystleen Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Once I started to add friends for encourangement I've been addicted too! I'm at a desk, at work, all day and can have the use of the internet so I am always checking in on whats new! Didn't realize before how much better it is having friends on this site! Much better than my old addiction, FB!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I have a friend/personal trainer that told me 10 years ago to track my calories. Now I'm having fun doing it.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's my homepage actually!

Mine, too, though it took awhile of opening my browser, waiting for my homepage to load, then clicking the bookmark for me to recognize this just NEEDED to be my hp.... *forehead slap*
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I am definately addicted i spend lots of time reading on here and I love all of the people and support. This is pretty much the first place i go. this and a website that is a blog of nothing but recipes under 400 calories that i plan on building a cook book out of and cooking when i get my brand new house and kitchen this month : )
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    billgiersberg, and any other guys who think they are floating in a sea of estrogen :wink: :laugh: ..
    In case there are other new male members who might be interested, a good friend of mine from MFP started the "Man to Man thread a few months back. There are guys of varying ages, so here is a link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/114354-man-to-man-a-support-system-for-men-part-2