The "B" stomach.

Options
13»

Replies

• runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    So do I have a "B" stomach if my tummy looks more like a bumcrack than the letter B? Because that's how it looks with the loose skin I have now...
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I read this thing that tight hip flexors aggravate the lower belly paunch that many women have.... I saw a youtube video on a stretch that would help...
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    After a c section, my OB called it her "floofy place". She said it does not go away. It sucks because its now the part of my waist that holds my jeans up.
  • newmelady
    newmelady Posts: 132 Member
    Options

While planks are an awesome way to gain strength in your midsection (and other supporting areas), I cannot stress enough that a flat stomach is made in the KITCHEN! And you absolutely need fats in order to survive - but the good fats that are found in nuts, avocadoes, olives, etc., not the ones in french fries, potato chips, and burgers!

Oh yes............ I get it. Good fat and protein keeps us full and help shed the weight and inches.
    I keep taking photo of my midsection and I did have a B belly:smile:
    And I never had any children. But now it has become a small D if you know what I mean. The upper belly is gone .............I have the lower belly.:mad:

I am tweaking my diet............hope to lose it eventually.:smile:
  • lexherrera
    lexherrera Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I read this thing that tight hip flexors aggravate the lower belly paunch that many women have.... I saw a youtube video on a stretch that would help...

I think this is due to anterior pelvic tilt that is caused by tight hip flexors, causing a person to not stand up as straight as they should, so their back looks rounded and it looks like they have a bigger gut because of the way their spine is. I used to have this problem until I started lifting heavy, now my posture is great.

FWIW I've been small my whole life and I still get the 'B' sometimes - I think it's just one of the many genetic variations for how we store fat. I used to hunch over in a desk all day and have a red crease right near my belly button, and sort of "wings" under my bra... no more with all the muscle I have under there now and the fat I've shedded! :)
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Nothing has worked as well for getting rid of the pooch and tightening up tummy muscles as my Pilates reformer has ... I LOVE IT .... bought it on QVC 3 years ago ... best purchase I ever made ... I had been taking reformer classes at the gym 5 years prior to buying it btw ... one month at the gym was about $500 in addition to my membership; the reformer I bought was about $490 and that was with the jumpboard and the stand that elevates it off the floor so my dogs don't use it as a bed. BTw ... your bf% has to go down before you see the muscles but you all know that already.
  • victoriahd126
    victoriahd126 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is my stomach. I’ve always had this shape. Right now I am at my heaviest weight at 147lbs. Even when I was 120 I still had it, just smaller.

Please does anyone know what to do to get rid of this shape

Don’t mind my messing living room...just desperate
    hjal2nld2zky.jpeg
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    This is my stomach. I’ve always had this shape. Right now I am at my heaviest weight at 147lbs. Even when I was 120 I still had it, just smaller.

Please does anyone know what to do to get rid of this shape

Don’t mind my messing living room...just desperate
    hjal2nld2zky.jpeg

Thats mines too, cardio, cardio, nutrition, planks for strengthening your core. Time and patience. 🤗🚶‍♀️⛸🏋️‍♀️🧘‍♂️🚲🏸⛹🏽‍♀️🏓🥗🥦🥑🥕