I ate 3,000 calories today, and...

Options

Replies

• cme317
    cme317 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a paleo eater as well. (100% paleo, 80% of the time for the past year) Right now I'm back to eating totally clean and I've been totally mental about what I eat and I do find that when I have a cheat here and there it makes me feel happy and it also keeps my body in check to remember how to process dairy and gluten ( I used to have nacho sunday followed by ice cream).

Everyone on here is doing great- the key is finding what works for YOU. Who am I to tell you not to eat this or that if you look better than me!
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Oh my, I do love that Edy's Butterfinger icecream! Wouldn't give that up for the world : )
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    **GASP* I had an apple fritter today! I earned it, lost 3lbs in the past week. :)

I am SATISFIED :)
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Spoken like a true TWENTY TWO year old.

Try that *kitten* in 5 years and let me know how it works out.

Ninja PLEASE

You don't even have to TRY to stay thin at 22. Its easy, its called awesome metabolism.

Go to any ice cream place and look who is ordering the 2000 calorie monster shakes, its model-thin teenage girls.

Talking a lot of *kitten* for a kid with great metabolism.

When I was in my early 20s, I'd eat a candy bar and sugar soda at every break at work, I'd eat the 2-3000 calorie meals when dining out, drink sugared alcohol drinks with impunity and still stayed at 10% bodyfat. That all changes fast. You get into those bad habits and "once in a while" turns into a permanent fat gain every time.

Jealous much? SURE someone of this age may not have to work AS hard as someone 30+, but really, middle age women do just fine if they stick to their "plans"

Anyway, I was fat when I was 22, so this whole "high metabolism" thing is crap. AND I was looking after a herd of goats... Now I lost some weight, but not a lot, and I had goats for 2+ years.

On the contrary, when I was 17-18, I was at a decent weight, 110-115 pounds. Gained the weight back, lol, but I have always been overweight. but I walked a mile or more a day... so yeeeah.
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed your ice-cream. I totally agree with you. I cut back on calories during the week so I can have a couple of glasses of wine on a Friday and Saturday but I'm still under my calorie over the week so I actually 'enjoy' my wine!

Great post and great reminder to those who freak out about one bad snack/meal/day. x
  • Annie83uk
    Annie83uk Posts: 128
    Options
    great post i so want ice-cream now lol :laugh:
  • Inesesfitnesspal
    Inesesfitnesspal Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bump

I needed that
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

Ninja PLEASE

You don't even have to TRY to stay thin at 22. Its easy, its called awesome metabolism.

Go to any ice cream place and look who is ordering the 2000 calorie monster shakes, its model-thin teenage girls.

When I was in my early 20s, I'd eat a candy bar and sugar soda at every break at work, I'd eat the 2-3000 calorie meals when dining out, drink sugared alcohol drinks with impunity and still stayed at 10% bodyfat. That all changes fast. You get into those bad habits and "once in a while" turns into a permanent fat gain every time.

Pfft.

I was fat when I was 22.

Now I'm 32, and...

<----

And my metabolism is boss and I eat like a f'n champ. Including occasional days where I eat upwards of 4000-5000 calories.
  • Lissette_Brooks
    Lissette_Brooks Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    This actually helps. Thanks for this post!!!
  • jwool40
    jwool40 Posts: 26
    Options
    Awesome post! Thank you for reminding me that I can't ruin my progress from ONE day, I didn't get fat by overeating for ONE day! You helped me see that all is not lost if I fall off the wagon I just have to run along side and jump back in! Thank you!
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    oh wow, this was a good topic for me. i had been steadily losing a lot of weight, but over the last few days i went to restaunts, thought i was choosing good food, but looks like there was alot of sodium, i didn't taste it, but ii think it was in the bread. anyhoo, i did gain 3 pounds since a few days ago, but like the OP said, dont worry about it, it will come back off in a few days.
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Fantastic post! I love food waaaaaaaay too much to deprive myself all the time. I just got over having strep throat AND tonsilitis...I was sick for a solid week and the whole time I was worrying about my calories being TOO LOW because I just couldn't eat. Yep, you read right....I DO NOT WANT MY CALORIES TO BE LOW!!!! I went on a 3 day all you can eat food rampage....ON PURPOSE as soon as I was able to swallow and not be in excruciating pain....enjoyed the heck out of it too! This is so important. Yes, you need a deficit if you want to lose fat...but too much of a deficit is NO GOOD. It will make you lose muscle. I am at a point where I am trying to build muscle....gotta eat to do that! Everyone just go easy on yourselves....eating is necessary, so ya might as well enjoy it too! Life is short, so go eat something yummy once in a while!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Ninja PLEASE

I was fat at 22.

I'm now 32, and on Thursday for dinner I had a huge pot of fondue, almost a liter of beer, a plate of fried fish and french fries, then a big bowl of ice cream. 3500 calories that day, roughly.

Oh, and I'm about 10.5% body fat.

LOL at "permanent fat gain"

Did someone say fondue?

tumblr_m9us0qJ1xE1rya3cfo1_500.jpg

That's my faaaaaavorite. I'm feeling a cheat meal coming on...
  • mazzasweet
    mazzasweet Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Awesome post :-)
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Great post, best thing I've read so far this week! I see someone 'wrote off' their day as a 'cheat day' because they were ONE calorie over. I'm not exaggerating, nor am I joking.
  • xxmzangel
    xxmzangel Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I needed this post. Thank you so much!! :flowerforyou: :smile: :drinker:
  • Giovanna_Isabella_Santarelli
    Options
    Bump!!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    OP::flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I agree your post is awesome.

I am also grateful I am lactose intolerant, and ice cream is not something I crave. (whewww)

Have a wonderful day.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Frick. Yes.
    Preach it girl!