My story of sweet revenge (pics)

Options

Replies

• vasilisa9
    vasilisa9 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic achievement. You look stunning and I wish you would tell us more details of how you did it :) Nevertheless, it is an enormous inspiration to see that it can be done, and that stomachs can go flat again without lots of sagging skin (hope mine does!). I'm just starting out so this has helped so much. Thank you :)

Ps. Can anyone tell me what TDEE and IIFYM mean?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I've seen you and some of your photos around the boards. I had no idea about your story. Absolutely amazing. You look fantastic. Having competed in figure myself, I honestly am in awe that you were able to do it with two children. That is no easy feat in itself.
    Congrats.
  • Gina91507
    Gina91507 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Amazing and fantastic! You are such an inspiration! How did you decide you wanted to do competitions? I have wanted to do a bikini competition for YEARS, but i've never thought I could. I know i'm far from bikini competition shape now, but for the first time in my life I actually feel that I can get there.

I'm going to friend you, and maybe you can help motivate me!
  • TealStar13
    TealStar13 Posts: 165
    Options
    Wow... huge inspiration. Thank you so much for posting your story. My journey started off in the same fashion but I'm glad its not like that anymore.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I lied, my story really isn't about revenge. But, it started out that way.

In 2010 my life hit a very low point. I weighed 217 pounds and my husband wanted a divorce. The entire four year marriage had been rough, so divorce was a bit of a relief. The downside of that was having to move across the country and back into my parent's house with two children under the age of two. Being unemployed, a disabled vet, a newly single mom and being fat sucked.

I decided to get revenge on my ex by losing weight and looking super hot. I failed.

It wasn't until I just got tired of being fat that I started making the changes that made a difference. Eating well, working out and learning to just love myself. It was no longer about revenge, it was about taking care of me.

Tomorrow marks a significant point in my life. It marks three years of being single and my first bodybuilding competition. In total I've lost 70 pounds. As a single parent with a full time job and my own little house to take care of I have found a way to get a degree and get in shape all at the same time. I have tons of legitimate excuses to why I can't or don't have the time to eat right and workout. If you want it bad enough you WILL find a way!

SpringBreakOregonCoast2009032.jpg
    255266_3636093856142_1148921215_n.jpg
    BeforeP90X001.jpg
    2012-10-09_12-14-28_475.jpg
    da047170-94ca-4408-880c-63f6db05e7cb_zpsb1f1fd5d.jpg
    a3a1401a-4978-4956-9add-6b4a0018dc26_zpsd044a55c.jpg

**ETA: Workouts, I just lift heavy and do little cardio. Eating is TDEE-20% and IIFYM (with macros set correctly for my goals).

OMG, I cannot believe my eyes!!! It's hard to believe those pics are of the same person! You look soooooo great!
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    GOOD FREAKING LORD! Hot DAAAAAYMN! Nice job, incredible!!! WOW!!! :)

BTW, CUUUUTE kiddies :)
  • Remex5452
    Remex5452 Posts: 12
    Options
    Wow!!!!!!! You are a inspiration!!!!!!!!!!
  • marc8686
    marc8686 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    dont suppose you're into crossfit? the "ROGUE" thing made me think of the crossfit competitions i watch on youtube. id like to get into it some day
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Kudos :flowerforyou:
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    WOW awesome great job you did work
  • Pinupdollrawr
    Pinupdollrawr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Aaaoooow!!!! Sexy ! Get em girl!
  • supadeliux
    supadeliux Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    that's amazing!!
  • skinnykenny2012
    skinnykenny2012 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You are amazing !!!!!! Keep up the hard work!!!!!
  • LisaWixom
    LisaWixom Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    How sore were you in the beginning? I am about the same size you started at and so far strength training leaves me unable to move the next day! You really are inspiring. Thank you so much for sharing.
  • huisfi
    huisfi Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!
  • KYAliceG
    KYAliceG Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are a knock out! Have you had the chance to show him what he's missing now? LOL
  • sweetfluffy
    sweetfluffy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    wow you look super amazing mashalla =D
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • Alicemay24
    Alicemay24 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    WOW! NICE! awesome awesome work! Gave me a real boost for this afternoon's workout!
  • Cking86
    Cking86 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Holy Smokes! You look GREAT!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!