Im new

Lacey9693
Lacey9693 Posts: 35 Member
Hi,

My name is Lacey and I just started today, very excited. I have struggled with weight problems since I was a kid. I was at one time 260 and drop to 189 with trim spa. Then I got pregnant and gained it all back and going to try to lose it with out any pills. I am looking for new friends to talk with. I also go to the gym 3 days a week for a hour. My diet is what needs worked on. I am trying slim fast so we will See what happens.

Replies

• Lacey9693
    Lacey9693 Posts: 35 Member
    Hi,

My name is Lacey and I just started today, very excited. I have struggled with weight problems since I was a kid. I was at one time 260 and drop to 189 with trim spa. Then I got pregnant and gained it all back and going to try to lose it with out any pills. I am looking for new friends to talk with. I also go to the gym 3 days a week for a hour. My diet is what needs worked on. I am trying slim fast so we will See what happens.
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    :flowerforyou: Welcome! This site is very helpful, it's been a huge help to myself and many others. The food diary should give you everything you need to fix your food issues. Good luck, and I wish you lots of health and weight loss! :bigsmile:
  • Use the calorie counter and keep up the exercise. You will love this site. Good luck and welcome!
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Hi Lacey! Welcome! You are going to become an MFP addict. You will find lots of motivation and encouragement here.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Welcome! I'm sorry if I'm overstepping here, but I have to say it... I'm a personal trainer and I really hope that you will give a try to just using this site, tracking your calories and trying to make the best food choices you can and see if you get some results that way before you try relying on slimfast. Anything like that that is a "diet" will have to end at some point, and you put yourself at risk of gaining back weight that you lost and worked hard for. VERY best of luck on this journey!! :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • lilprnss
    lilprnss Posts: 52
    Welcome Lacey!! I completely agree with Minnie! Don't worry about the slim fast right now. Counting your calories is the best way.. and it's working for me too :) .... At least then, you will feel like you are 'eating'. The best of luck!! Keep in touch around here!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Welcome Lacey!! I completely agree with Minnie! Don't worry about the slim fast right now. Counting your calories is the best way.. and it's working for me too :) .... At least then, you will feel like you are 'eating'. The best of luck!! Keep in touch around here!

I totally agree! You won't need the Slim Fast. All you need is THIS site! It is sooooooo fantastic! You won't even feel like you're dieting, since you're really not, you're just "changing your lifestyle". You can still eat pretty much anything that you ate before. You'll just have to plan for it and maybe have smaller portions, and do alot of exercising.
    I have a thyroid problem, and have only been able to gain weight in the last few years, till I came here. I'm losing every single week, and still eating really well, and I'm getting lots of exercise too. I never felt better, and I know that YOU'LL feel the same way too!!!
  • Welcome Lacey!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    welcome.gif
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Welcome!

I have had to learn that all of these "diets" out there do work as well as keeping an eye on your intake and exercise I like to call it a healthier lifestyle not a diet lol.. you won't need any other method if you stick with this site I have lost over 20lbs thus far. Good luck!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Hello there and welcome!