90 Day Weight Loss Challenge

Options

Replies

• kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options

Kintegra: Congrats on the completion of your race! I like how you are weighing in every 10 days. May I ask what made you do it like that?

Thank you! As for my weighing in - I decided the beginning of this month to change it to every 10 days simply because I knew that I was going to have several challenges for the month & didn't think in a week I could see a good change on the scales so gave me a few extra days to do it to keep myself motivated! I'm doing it thru labor day at least & then a few other weeks here & there. I have a plan going & I'm sticking to it! :bigsmile:
  • krazie4u247
    krazie4u247 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went tto my Swim lessons and it was great. I only burned 346 calories but that is still a good workout. Seeing that I have been sick since Wednesday night. I am slowly getting better.

Everyone is doing great on their weight loss journey!! Congrats!!

So what are some of your favorite healthy foods you eat in place of junk food you may love or used have love?
  • crc822001
    crc822001 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Instead of Oreo's I try to eat the Quaker Rice Cake snacks that have the small drizzle of chocolate on them. Someone I met on here suggested I get the 100 calorie Pudding Snacks when I have a chocolate attack so I am going to try that this week.

My problem is that I LOVE greasy foods. It is bad for me (I know, I know) but I feel like my body craves them. At first I went cold turkey and said "No greasy foods" that didn't work! So now I am weening myself off of them. I have allowed one meal a week. I just started this last week and so far so good. I do not overindulge on that one meal either. Hopefully my weight will begin to decrease, we shall see!

Anyone else have any suggestions?
  • krazie4u247
    Options
    Instead of Oreo's I try to eat the Quaker Rice Cake snacks that have the small drizzle of chocolate on them. Someone I met on here suggested I get the 100 calorie Pudding Snacks when I have a chocolate attack so I am going to try that this week.

My problem is that I LOVE greasy foods. It is bad for me (I know, I know) but I feel like my body craves them. At first I went cold turkey and said "No greasy foods" that didn't work! So now I am weening myself off of them. I have allowed one meal a week. I just started this last week and so far so good. I do not overindulge on that one meal either. Hopefully my weight will begin to decrease, we shall see!

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Here are a few of my weaknesses, Pizza, chips, french fries, tacos. So after the whole chip thing on Wednesday, I actually do not want to see chips for a while. That was awful how sick I got. But typically I don't crave those foods, its just when I start eating them I can't stop. ha ha ha. It's an addiction.

But what I did Saturday and I know this isn't smart but, I ate some cheese fries with my veggies and chicken breast. Before I ate, I did a shot of patron, then during the eating I did a shot. The reasoning is because for my body Patron helps to give me a BM the next day. Liquor has a tendency to soak up the grease. So I told myself if you are going to eat grease you have to do a shot. I don't like drinking like that, so I won't be doing that for a while. I really want to lose weight, so I have finally decided to take control.

I think you are doing good so far by trying to limit it to once a week. But in order for me to help you more, can you define what greasy foods you like? Are there certain foods you desire? But never try to do stuff cold turkey. Because every once in a while a person is going to slip up. So you want to keep your body used to certain foods. That's why when I make eating changes, I try to still bring in bad foods every once in a while because I know I won't be able to never eat them again.

I think what you need to do is make a list of the greasy foods you desire, and slowly incorporate them in and out of your diet.

For a healthy snack I recently have started eating granola thins. They are really good.
  • king6083
    king6083 Posts: 30
    Options
    Hai

Had a good day in the gym. Did my weights and got in a solid 30 minutes on the dreadmill. Even wanted to take a nap afterward so I know it was a good workout. I suspect my first weeks weigh in will show better than real progress. Some of what I expect to be down is going to be glycogen and water. We'll see what the scale has to say about that on Friday.

@teetee: All aboard! Choo! Choo!

Bai
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Sorry I missed yesterday. It was not the greatest day, work wise. I dragged myself to the gym and got a good workout complete, but I just knew that I was not 100% there. Today was a lot better. My shoulders still ache some from boxing, along with working my chest and back. Hopefully it will go away soon.

My weakness is double stuff oreo cookies. And really any junk on the weekends. I'm pretty good at cooking during the week and making good choices, but the weekends are a different story. Though, last weekend I was a little better.
    My snack is black cherry yoghurt or graham crackers (2 full crackers). Sometimes, I will make them a bigger snack by eating them with peanut butter that really seems to fill me and not be too much at the same time.
  • eastcoaster
    Options
    What I do is make sure I have enough snacks in the house for when I have a sweet craving!
    Here is some that I buy.

100 Calorie Nabisco Snack Packs. They have chocolate covered pretzels, brownies, lots of cookies to choose from. I have a pack with a cup of my green tea. They taste so good. Just a small amount, and you don't feel guilty!

Skinny Cow Products are delicious. I love the chocolate truffle bars! They are 100 calories. They are expensive, but we are worth it, aren't we?

I bought the Klondike 100 calorie bars yesterday because they were on sale. Only 12 Carbs which is good. I didn't like them as much as the Skinny Cow Truffles, but they were quite good.

I also love a chocolate rice cake with peanut butter for a snack. Again, with a cup of green tea.

I generally eat pretty healthy all day, but I think it is important to have some sweet alternatives. We all work too hard to go binge and ruin it all for ourselves. My advice is to do a little shopping for yourself. My kids know that my snacks are my snacks! (such as the Skinny Cows).
  • king6083
    Options
    Hello everyone. Sorry I missed yesterday. It was not the greatest day, work wise. I dragged myself to the gym and got a good workout complete, but I just knew that I was not 100% there. Today was a lot better. My shoulders still ache some from boxing, along with working my chest and back. Hopefully it will go away soon.

My weakness is double stuff oreo cookies. And really any junk on the weekends. I'm pretty good at cooking during the week and making good choices, but the weekends are a different story. Though, last weekend I was a little better.
    My snack is black cherry yoghurt or graham crackers (2 full crackers). Sometimes, I will make them a bigger snack by eating them with peanut butter that really seems to fill me and not be too much at the same time.

One thing I try to do is not work my chest and shoulders together or even on back to back days. A lot of pressing movements also involve the shoulders, so if it does become a problem, you may want to move which day you work your chest away from your boxing day. But, your body prolly will adjust to the work load, so I'd give it a couple weeks and then go from there.
  • king6083
    Options
    Hai

Another decent day of exercise. Weights weren't the best as is typical of chest day for me. I'm not comfortable risking a failed rep while I'm underneath the weight, so I don't push myself as hard as I do on other exercises. Weather was great and for the first time in almost two months I got to do my run on some trails. Most of the summer it's rained every three days or so, but it hasn't rained in pushing a week, so I took advantage of it. Trails were still moist, but not bad enough to effect my run. 32 minutes total time on the trails. 5:30 of walking for warm up and the rest running fairly hard for a calorie total of 544. Got my heart rate up to 195 (the highest I've seen it so far) and I think there was a few more bpm in there, but I didn't want to push too hard at that point because I was only about halfway through my run. As it was it still slowed me down for the last half.

So far I'm pretty confident that I will be pleased with my 90 day results and if we all just set a small goal for ourselves daily and hit it 6 out of 7 days, everyone will be happy with their results as well!

Get get it!

Bai
  • crc822001
    Options
    I have an addiction to french fries. I have a co worker here that monitors how many french fries I can have once I do get them. If I have a craving, we walk to Wendy's (about 15 min from the office), get a small order and walk back. The walk doesn't totally burn the calories consumed from the fries, but it gets us moving and makes me earn the fries. Sometimes by the time we get there I don't even want the fries anymore. My other addiction is to cookies, so I just don't buy them. If they aren't in the house, I can't eat them. And the kids keep me too busy to run out and grab a pack.
  • Shaqueta
    Shaqueta Posts: 75
    Options
    Hi all I'm trying to figure out if you can post links on here or scaned images
  • eastcoaster
    Options
    I haven't posted any pics yet Shaqueta, so not sure about that.
    I'm so excited for tomorrow's weigh in. I haven't cheated in weeks, and am exercising consistently.
    How is everyone else doing this week? I think Friday morning weigh ins are perfect.
  • crc822001
    Options
    I am excited about weighing in first thing in the morning. Just me staying off the scale this long feels like an accomplishment. It has somehow made me work harder since Im not climbing on the scale every 5 minutes. Initally my daily goal for calorie loss was 150, but now I have bumped it up to 250 a day. And I have even been exceeding that margin by almost 100 calories!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Shaqueta: I used photo bucket to post images on a board. Once you upload them on that page, you want to click get code. You will see a HTML code, cut and past that into the blog, but you want to change the "IMG" to lower case and it should post on the board for you. Hope that works. If not, you can search the boards for posting photos and someone made a step by step post.

Crc82201: Congrats on exceeding your daily calorie burn goal. I wear a HRM when I workout and I basically figured out my average burn for certain workouts. I'm pretty consistent with my calorie burn during certain workouts.

King: I read your post, but I never replied. I normally work from top to bottom working my legs on Thursday. I knew feel so much in my shoulders, but I think the boxing just kind of pushed me over the edge. I don't do it too often, so I think that is why I was really feeling it so much.

This morning I ran the fitness class again, but we involved all the people. Everyone picked a workout (32 people) we did so many workouts involving abs and push-ups it was crazy! It was definitely a good workout. I then worked out my legs on the free weights.
    What is really crazy is that for the past week, I feel like I have been eating ALL day, but I have been avoiding a lot of sweets and at the end of the day, I barely eat all my calories. I guess I am pretty happy about that, because that means my metabolism is high, right?
    Since my work week ends on Thursdays I weighed in today. But I will post my numbers tomorrow morning with everyone else. Friday is my official rest day. Enjoy your day everyone, mine is almost over and I am butt tired. :yawn:
  • king6083
    Options
    Hai

Been a decent couple days of trail running (though today I took a different trail and found ALL of the skeeters!). Yesterday my heart rate would never seem to come up. Never got higher than 175, so I cut it short thinking perhaps I just need some recovery. It seems to have worked, fortunately, today it came up to 189 on an effort that I honestly didn't expect deserved it. All in all I'm happy.

Tomorrow after weigh in I will do squats and that will kill my legs for several days and there'll be little cardio as a result. I cheated this morning and stepped on the scale. 189.2 down from 194 just last Friday, so I ate quite a few more carbs today. I'm expecting to see my weight higher in the morning.

Talk to you all again on the 'morrow!

Bai
  • crc822001
    Options
    YAY!!!!!!!!! My scale finally moved and I dropped 2lbs since last week!!!! I am overly excited. Kinda wishing today was not my off day b/c I am pumped and ready to burn some calories. This will just make sure that I hit it hard early in the morning. The kids are spending the weekend with the grandparents so I have ABSOLUTELY no excuse for not working out hard. How is everyone else doing on this fine Friday morning?
  • krazie4u247
    Options
    This morning I weighed 174. Hopefully the weight keeps coming off. Next weekend I am going camping, so any suggestions on how I won't gain weight? What type of healthy snacks should I bring so I won't eat chips if we are eating turkey dogs and stuff?

I need all the suggestions I can get. Oh and my friends will be drinking so what can I drink if I want, that won't make me fatter?
  • eastcoaster
    Options
    Down 2.8 lbs since last Friday! Very happy about that! Great job girls. We are all moving in the right direction.
  • grammadonna
    Options
    Down 1.4 lbs since last Friday!
  • king6083
    Options
    188.4 on the scale this morning. Down 5.6 in the last week. Most of that is going to be water. I think I'll have a better idea on my real progress next week. The glycogen/water loss should be done with.