Replies

• fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!
  • jrompola
    jrompola Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I am just finishing up TurboFire and am starting my first round of P90X next week. I have looked at body beast a bit and think I may try it after. I really would like to build some muscle after this last bit of fat is gone. Your results are incredible!

I just like the aspect of you are lifting weights with minimal rest, so your heart rate is up and you get the added benefit of burning calories throughout the day since you are building muscle as when you do traditional cardio you may burn more calories during the workout, but you don't benefit for as long.

I'd def say give P90X a try before jumping into body beast. I've never done turbo fire, but I'd guess the "lifting" moves of p90x may be a bit harder than turbo fire where as the cardio days may be similar to p90x though p90x has a yoga day(hardest workout I ever did since I expected it to be just stretching though it got easier after the 1st month).
  • jrompola
    Options
    My bad lol. My text my have been a bit against the spirit of the thread. I agree that it doesn't matter that much what exercise youdo... especially if the goal is burning fat. Its by far more important (and more difficult if you ask me) controlling what you eat

Like they say its 80-90% of your results. I really think I would have lost weight just by what I ate....I wouldn't be as muscular which was the look I was going for, but you can workout non-stop and if you eat like garbage your results will be minimal if anything and I think the majority of MFP users know that, but a lot still struggle on what to eat.
  • RachelX04
    RachelX04 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    AMAZING TRANSFORMATION.. WELL DONE
  • jrompola
    Options
    AMAZING TRANSFORMATION.. WELL DONE

Thanks!!
  • alexk7110
    alexk7110 Posts: 4
    Options
    A job well done my friend!
    I'm on round 2 of a P90X, Insanity hybrid and I finally bought some decent weights wanting to see similar results.
    The biggest pain has been that last pouch of fat in front of the abs. I have huge confidence that I will make it because the same hard work got me to where I am now..
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Fantastic effort! You deserve props for working so hard sir. I'm going to try a Body Beast once I get my weight down a little further. Congrats again
  • jrompola
    Options
    A job well done my friend!
    I'm on round 2 of a P90X, Insanity hybrid and I finally bought some decent weights wanting to see similar results.
    The biggest pain has been that last pouch of fat in front of the abs. I have huge confidence that I will make it because the same hard work got me to where I am now..

Thanks man. Looks like you are pretty cut up yourself. I'm sure you'll have those abs popping in no time.

I think the same thing....can't wait to see what I look like 6 months from now.
  • jrompola
    Options
    Fantastic effort! You deserve props for working so hard sir. I'm going to try a Body Beast once I get my weight down a little further. Congrats again

Thanks....looks like you work out with your wife..how is that going? Mine just started with me this past Saturday and I'm anxious to see her results after a few months because she is at a much better starting point than I was. I don't think she'll be as hardcore with the diet like I was, but I'm making her breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks so she just has to eat and make sure she wakes up when I do to workout in the morning.
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options

Thanks....looks like you work out with your wife..how is that going? Mine just started with me this past Saturday and I'm anxious to see her results after a few months because she is at a much better starting point than I was. I don't think she'll be as hardcore with the diet like I was, but I'm making her breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks so she just has to eat and make sure she wakes up when I do to workout in the morning.

My wife has completed 3 rounds of P90X with me and now P90X2. She has rocked the last 4 months. She's really starting to hit her straps. So proud of her. You're going to love working together, it has been great for our relationship
  • jrompola
    Options
    [My wife has completed 3 rounds of P90X with me and now P90X2. She has rocked the last 4 months. She's really starting to hit her straps. So proud of her. You're going to love working together, it has been great for our relationship

Awesome...we'll see if I love it. I have to drag her out of bed to do it.
  • daveymac1
    daveymac1 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I so want to start body beast, since I am "beast" mode!! But can't start till mid August, and I am on vacation in Paris for 2 weeks. I don't want to start, and have to start again. It looks insane! Just how I like it!

I was just in Alaska for 2 weeks. Never thought it'd be 90+ in Alaska and people seeking out the shade. I did a cruise for 7 days and other hotels I stayed in had gyms, so I was able to get my workouts in. I actually lost weight on vacation(1st time I ever did that) since I was working out and walking 2-5 miles a day.

I started again on Saturday with my wife this time.

Thats quite the disgusting toe you have...thanks for posting that picture!!

Thanks bro for lovin' the toe!!!!

BTW killer transformation! I f my body looks half as good as yours after the beast, I'll be ecstatic!
  • jrompola
    Options
    Thanks bro for lovin' the toe!!!!
    BTW killer transformation! I f my body looks half as good as yours after the beast, I'll be ecstatic!

Ha the toe is nasty!!
    No reason you can't get the look you want. May not happen as fast as you'd like, but you'll get there.
    I'm not done and I want to keep getting better and I'm sure you feel the same way.
  • BombShell001
    BombShell001 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great transformation! Did you follow the nutrition guide for P90X?
  • HollyTsab
    HollyTsab Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Great work!! I just started P90X this week. I agree on the cardio though. I just finished Insanity and yeah I was like HURRY UP during Plyo. :) I want to complete as much of P90X as designed though before I start subbing too much. I already plan to sub Yoga X because of the length. Plus yoga is not my thing. I am loving using my weights again. Five months of mostly cardio (did Turbo Fire before Insanity) was too much. I need to keep it switched up. I can not wait to get Focus T25 next month.

I prefer working out at home for personal reasons. 1. Don't have time to get to the gym. 2. I get embarrassed at the gym. 3. I like the cue's on the video's. It's like having a class in my home. 4. NO EXCUSES - it's sitting there and if I'm sitting on my rear I have time to get up and push play. LOL
  • jrompola
    Options
    Great transformation! Did you follow the nutrition guide for P90X?

Kind of, but made my own up with foods I liked.

I did a "fat shredder" diet for about 75 days which consisted of 50% protein, 30%carbs, and 20%fat around 1650-1950 calories then I bumped it up to 2000-2200 calories 40/40/20 for 20-40 days and now I'm around 2500-3000 calories 30-40P/35-45C/15-25F.
  • jrompola
    Options
    Great work!! I just started P90X this week. I agree on the cardio though. I just finished Insanity and yeah I was like HURRY UP during Plyo. :) I want to complete as much of P90X as designed though before I start subbing too much. I already plan to sub Yoga X because of the length. Plus yoga is not my thing. I am loving using my weights again. Five months of mostly cardio (did Turbo Fire before Insanity) was too much. I need to keep it switched up. I can not wait to get Focus T25 next month.

I prefer working out at home for personal reasons. 1. Don't have time to get to the gym. 2. I get embarrassed at the gym. 3. I like the cue's on the video's. It's like having a class in my home. 4. NO EXCUSES - it's sitting there and if I'm sitting on my rear I have time to get up and push play. LOL

Try doing the 1st 45 minutes of Yoga if you feel its too long or split it into 2 workouts. Yoga is great and a crucial part of fitness. I know its long, but it makes you better at so many other things. I'll prob hold off on T25 for a bit. I like body beast too much and 1 or 2 cardio days of either insanity or running is good for me. I've heard some good things about T25 though.

I feel you about getting to the gym. I'm sure I'd get there now, but in the beginning that would have just been yet another excuse to not workout because I wouldn't have wanted to go to the gym and shower at the gym. People feel embarrassed at the gym and tell horror stories, but I don't think its as bad as people make it out to be. People just feel insecure when most of the people at the gym would love to help you out because they are addicted to fitness. The pace of the videos is awesome...I've done them just with worksheets and I always tend to go slightly slower than when I have the videos running in the background.

Good luck with P90X and try to get that yoga in even its subbed in for X Stretch on your rest day.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I've done Insanity on it's own and am now on week 9 of the P90X / Insanity hybrid. I did my first Body Beast workout last night (the cardio one) and it was AWESOME...I've got to get that program. Congrats on your success - I'm glad you finally posted it here on the MFP community boards!
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I love your transformation. I've done a round of P90x two years ago and have finished a round of Insanity a few months ago. I'm doing Hybrid of both right now.

I've never heard of Body Beast. Is it much harder than P90x. I'm not exactly the strongest person out there right now. Would you recommend it?

Congratulations again!!! You have done so well!!!
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!