5'5" - 5'6" women- goal weight?

Options

Replies

• CheekyBrahette
    CheekyBrahette Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’6” with a thin skeletal frame. Currently my goal ticker is set to 120Lbs, a goal I set for myself back in December ’12. At that time my starting weight was 139 (my profile pic). BUT, this goal is not set in stone! In fact I’ll be changing it to a higher weight to account for muscle gain. I usually don’t follow the scale that closely, I base my success on how my clothing fits and how I look naked. Current weight is 125. :smile:
  • aricakaye
    aricakaye Posts: 10
    Options
    I am 5'6 medium framed and weigh 151, my goal is 150. I am in a size 4/6 depending on the brand. I have been told not to lose anymore weight by everyone I know or I would start to look too thin. I am happy at the current weight I am and look thin enough. Now I am working on toning. It all comes down to body type! I see a lot of women on here that are my height saying they weigh in the 130s and think, my gosh I would look sick if I was 130, but then I have to realize that they aren't built the same as I am. As you can see from reading all these ladies post, that everyone is different. You have some ladies who weigh the same as me and they are in a size 8/10, and then you have some ladies who are the same height and they weigh in the 130s. Just go by what you feel is good for you and at the end of the day, you r the one who has to look at yourself in the mirror. It's more about getting healthy and feeling good about yourself. Everyone can achieve their goal as long as they have the right mindset and are determined enough to do what needs to be done to get there. Good Luck!!!
  • kamifleck
    kamifleck Posts: 3
    Options
    I am 5'5" and weighed 270 (size 20/22) when I started two years ago. I have lost 126 pounds putting me at 144 as of today (size 5/6). I want to lose at least four more pounds. (I wish I would have used MFP from the start!).
  • amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 1/2" and GW is 170...have large bone structure...docs told me 168 to 180 should be just right...Once was down to 202 with clothing size 12-14....

^^This^^
    I am 5"5 1/2" and am currently 182lbs and in a 10-12. My goal was originally 140lbs, but I think that might be too much. I'm shooting for 155lbs. I believe that after we have kids (I have 3), our bodies change and what once looked good on us, no longer would.
  • Ready2LoseIt86
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my goal weight is about 180
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Read one of these threads for 5'3" to 5'5", but curious more for my height. I'm almost 5'6", and my goal WAS 155, but according to this site: http://www.rush.edu/rumc/page-1108048103230.html (picked up from other thread) says I should be looking more toward 117-143.

I know that body types vary greatly, but women at my height, what's YOUR goal and how did you choose it?

Hi :) I'm 5'6" (I think? What's 1m68?) and I'm 163lbs right now and I'm still clearly overweight. At first, my goal was 128 but it might be a bit crazy, I'm not sure so I'm thinking between 132 and 140 maybe? Not sure yet, I'll reevaluate when I get close to goal.

117 seems quite low for our height but idk, I'm no expert :)

Good luck!

xx
    Ginny, 25
  • FitGirlNani
    FitGirlNani Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my heaviest was 158 lbs, which was in January of this year. My lightest was 134 lbs when I was 22. I don't have an exact number goal, but I would love to be under 140 lbs, so anywhere between 135-138 lbs.
  • uatina05
    uatina05 Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and goal is 165-170. For my wedding I was 150 and looked sickly. I'd like to be much more muscular than I was at 150 but as lean as I was so I think 165-170 would be ideal.

Currently I'm 211 and wear a size 12-14 pants.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,024 Member
    Options
    5'5". Started at 187 and my goal was as least down to 149 per charts/doc. Have now been holding between 131-136 for 6 months. I'm 58. This seems to be where I feel best and my body wants to stay here :-)

My goal is /was 148 per the healthy BMI charts. I'm 57 and have no plans to get into shape for a bikini although I look a LOT better in a swimsuit than I used to. I'm on maintenance now and very happy with it.
  • kristinadalba
    Options
    I'm 21'
    5"6
    Pear shaped
    Started at 184
    Now 150
    Goal is 130-140
  • NuXuXu
    NuXuXu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'6" as well and my goal is 140. I have only been overweight for about 5 years now and I was usually about 135, which was a good weight for my frame, although people always guessed about 20 lbs less when they were aked how much they thought I weighed, so everyone has a different body composition. I just started trying to lose weight again a week ago, so I have a long way to go.
  • danagolding
    Options
    I'm about 5'5.25" I would love, love, love to be at 125 or maybe 126 lbs. but my body does not seem to want to let go of my last 7 lbs. :explode:
  • Poprocket_2012
    Options
    I'm slightly shorter at 5'4'' but my goal weight is 108lbs
  • 1shardrica
    1shardrica Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and my goal weight is 160-170
  • MiawMiawMiaw
    MiawMiawMiaw Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and heading for 146. But I may change that goal when I get closer to it.
  • buttercup68110
    buttercup68110 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and my goal weight is 155
  • Needachange84
    Needachange84 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and currently weight 239. My goal weight is between 160-170. I also found the same ideal weights as you did but they don't really seem to realistic for me and I guess they won't unless I get there and decide for myself. I weighed 165 when I was in high school and was extremely comfortable at that weight.(of course I was athletic and had muscle) If I get there and find I'm not comfortable I'll keep going....feel free to add me :)
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'-6.5" and 125 lbs (after losing 45 lbs).

According to BMI, I believe the healthy weight range for 5'-6" is 115-155, so it's a pretty large range. I was at 140 for a long time until I started running, which made me to want to lose more (to work on my speed). It was a lot of work to drop those additional 15 lbs, but I did it!

I'm not sure if I would ever want to get down to 115 - I mean, I definitely still have some areas I'm not happy with (mostly my belly/abs area), but I think toning is going to be the best way to fix that, which probably wouldn't result in anymore weight loss.

EDIT - just to add, I don't know how you know what size of frame you have, but I guess I would say I'm medium framed..?
  • tessaeve
    tessaeve Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 45 years old. My initial goal weight was 145 but I still have some pudge at this weight so I'm now shooting for 135-138.
  • xmeganxtarax
    Options
    I am 5 foot 4 and my goal weight is 135 lbs.